Our forum posters have run down the least deserving performers to take home Oscars in debates over Best Supporting Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Actress and Best Actor. And they have named the worst of the Best Picture winners.
Now, they have turned their attention to the best of the best. They have already dished director, leading lady and leading man to determine who was the most deserving of an Academy Award. Below, read just a sample of their thoughts on the ultimate supporting actress champ.
Join in with your opinion as to which featured actress stood out the most.
My top five:
1. Linda Hunt, “The Year of Living Dangerously”
2. Jane Darwell, “The Grapes of Wrath”
3. Ruth Gordon, “Rosemary´s Baby”
4. Kim Hunter, “A Streetcar Named Desire”
5. Dianne Wiest, “Hannah and Her Sisters
My top three:
1. Mo’Nique, “Precious” (Imo one of the greatest performances I’ve ever seen)
2. Dianne Wiest, “Bullets Over Broadway”
3. Linda Hunt, “The Year of Living Dangerously
For me Mo’Nique put up one of the best suporting performances. I really loved Whoopi Goldberg, Cate Blanchett, Catherine Zeta Jones, Hattie MacDaniel, Sandy Dennis, Macia Gay Harden, and of course Meryl Streep’s performances.
Hattie McDaniel and Mo’Nique
OTHER AWARDS NEWS: