At Gold Derby, you can currently predict the Oscars, Grammys, BAFTAs and much more with thousands of your fellow readers to test your mettle against our smartest users, expert journalists and Gold Derby’s own editors. But did you know you could also set up a league of your own? Our private leagues are perfect for office pools, Oscar parties, or just to go head-to-head against your savviest friends. It’s quick and easy to setup. Here’s how:
1) On Gold Derby’s homepage click the box that says “Make your predix here!” to take you to our predictions lobby:
2) Click on “Create League” to start setting it up:
3) Give your league a name — anything you want, like “Dunder-Mifflin Office Pool” or “Phi Beta Kappa Grammy Contest.” Then select the awardshow event you want (as of this writing you can predict the 2017 Oscars, Grammys, BAFTAs and even “The New Celebrity Apprentice”), and then, where applicable, decide if you want it to be a Pick’em game (just predict one winner) or or Rank’em game (rank the contenders in order of likelihood).
4) Then invite your friends to play along! Your private league shows up under the “Friends” tab in our predictions lobby. When you open up your league you can invite people by clicking on the “Manage League” button at the top of the page. Invite them by entering their email addresses:
5) Need to send your league members a reminder to update their predictions? Is the deadline looming? You can send a message to the entire group right from your “Manage League” page as well:
And that’s it! You’re ready to play. Try out your own private league now and find out who’s really the smartest awards prognosticator in your circle of friends.
Be sure to make your Oscar predictions. Weigh in now with your picks so that Hollywood insiders can see how this film is faring in our Oscar odds. You can keep changing your predictions right up until just before nominations are announced on January 24 at 5:00 am PT/8:00 am ET. Be sure to read our contest rules. And join in the fierce debate over the Oscars taking place right now with Hollywood insiders in our forums.