With “The Walking Dead” Season 7 finale just a few days away, it’s once again time to examine which of our favorite characters have the best chances of kicking the bucket. The show has a morbid habit of killing major characters during finales, so chances are viewers will be left mourning until the series returns for Season 8 later this fall. Let’s look at which characters are most likely to meet the grim reaper this Sunday in “The First Day of the Rest of Your Life,” and then vote in our poll to give us your thoughts.
1. Sasha Williams – Last week’s episode found Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green) as prisoner. Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) attempts to corrupt her, but she is intent on killing herself before she can be used to hurt her friends. The poison pill in her pocket (and Martin-Green’s new lead role on “Star Trek: Discovery”) makes it likely Sasha will sacrifice herself before she can escape The Sanctuary.
2. Eugene Porter – Unlike Sasha, Eugene (Josh McDermitt) joined Negan’s group to guarantee his safety. Since we know he is the “little birdie” who spilled the beans on Alexandria’s uprising, Sasha could try to take him out before he can further undermine Rick’s (Andrew Lincoln) plans. Even if Sasha has no such plan, it’s hard to see Eugene ever leaving Negan’s clutches without some 11th hour heroic sacrifice.
3. Gregory – The rivalry between Gregory (Xander Berkeley) and Maggie (Lauren Cohan) has to come to a head soon. He contemplated stabbing her to death this past week. Though he chickened out, he is rapidly losing the support of his people and is likely to strike out in some other way. But in a match-up between these two, it’s easy to see Maggie wiping the floor with this coward.
4. Tara Chambler – Karma has a way of catching up with survivors on “The Walking Dead.” Glenn (Steven Yeun) killed people for the first time at the Savior outpost, and was beaten to death soon after. Tara (Alanna Masterson) broke a major promise to keep Oceanside’s location a secret. She scored a massive amount of weapons for Alexandria, but will the decision cost her? Natania (Deborah May) has already tried to kill Tara, and she doesn’t seem like the type to forgive.
5. Jadis – We aren’t given much in the way of motives for Jadis (Pollyanna McIntosh) and her junkyard clan. But even if Jadis is just a well-intentioned weirdo set on aiding Rick, she and her group do not appear in the comics. Ever since Scott M. Gimple became showrunner, the series has stuck more closely to the comic’s plot. Does that mean Jadis and the junkyard crew were introduced for the sole purpose of becoming cannon fodder in the coming war?
6. Rosita Espinosa – Rosita (Christian Serratos) has acted like a heat-seeking missile of revenge all season, and Negan is her target. Her rage has clouded her judgement and put her and others in danger. While Sasha thwarted her suicide mission plans and looks likely to die at The Sanctuary, the show could be setting up a bait and switch. After all, there’s no indication that Rosita will become more level-headed anytime soon.
Tune in to the season finale of AMC’s “The Walking Dead” on Sunday, April 2 to find out who lives and who dies. What do you think of “The Walking Dead” Season 7 so far? Be sure to sound off about the current episodes in the comments section below and in our fun TV forums.