Home Forums Daytime TV 2014 PRE-NOMS!

2014 PRE-NOMS!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
alokin
  • EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Pre-nominated performers in
    alphabetical order in six categories follow below:

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
    SERIES

SHARON CASE, as Sharon Newman
    The Young and the Restless, CBS

JESSICA COLLINS, as Avery Bailey Clark

EILEEN DAVIDSON, as Kristen DiMera
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

FINOLA HUGHES, as Anna Devane
    General Hospital, ABC

KATHERINE KELLY LANG, as Brooke Logan
    The Bold and the Beautiful, CBS

KELLY MONACO, as Sam McCall
    General Hospital, ABC

ALISON SWEENEY, as Sami Brady
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

HEATHER TOM, as Katie Logan

JESS WALTON, as Jill Abbott Fenmore

MAURA WEST, as Ava Jerome
    General Hospital, ABC

LAURA WRIGHT, as Carly Corinthos
    General Hospital, ABC

ARIANNE ZUCKER, as Nicole Walker
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA
    SERIES

MAURICE BENARD, as Sonny Corinthos, Jr.
    General Hospital, ABC

PETER BERGMAN, as Jack Abbott

DOUG DAVIDSON, as Paul Williams

ROGER HOWARTH, as Franco
    General Hospital, ABC

CHRISTIAN LEBLANC, as Michael Baldwin

JOHN MCCOOK, as Eric Forrester

JASON THOMPSON, as Patrick Drake
    General Hospital, ABC

BILLY MILLER, as Billy Abbott

JAMES SCOTT, as EJ DiMera
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

SHAWN PATRICK CHRISTIAN, as  Daniel Jonas
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A
    DRAMA SERIES

TRACEY E. BREGMAN, as Lauren Fenmore Baldwin

MELISSA CLAIRE EGAN, as Chelsea Newman

JANE ELLIOT, as Tracy Quartermaine
    General Hospital, ABC

NANCY LEE GRAHN, as Alexis Davis
    General Hospital, ABC

AMELIA HEINLE, as Victoria Newman

ELIZABETH HENDRICKSON, as Chloe Fisher

LISA LOCICERO, as Olivia Falconeri
    General Hospital, ABC

KIMBERLY MCCULLOUGH, as Robin Scorpio Drake
    General Hospital, ABC

KELLY SULLIVAN, as Connie Falconeri
    General Hospital, ABC

CYNTHIA WATROS, as Kelly Andrews

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A
    DRAMA SERIES

ROBERT ADAMSON, as Noah Newman

BRADFORD ANDERSON, as Damien Spinelli
    General Hospital, ABC

BLAKE BERRIS, as Nick Fallon
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

SEAN BLAKEMORE, as Shawn Butler
    General Hospital, ABC

DARIN BROOKS, as Wyatt Fuller Spencer

STEVE BURTON, as Dylan McAvoy

SCOTT CLIFTON, as Liam Spencer

WILLIAM DEVRY. As Julian Jerome
    General Hospital, ABC

WALLY KURTH, as Justin Kiriakis
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

ERIC MARTSOLF, as Brady Black
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

GREG RIKAART, as Kevin Fisher

GREG VAUGHAN, as Eric Brady
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

DOMINIC ZAMPROGNA, as Dante Falconeri
    General Hospital, ABC

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A
    DRAMA SERIES

KRISTEN ALDERSON, as Kiki Jerome
    General Hospital, ABC

CAMILA BANUS, as Gabi Hernandez
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

LINSET GODFREY, as Caroline Spencer

CHRISTEL KHALIL, as Lily Winters Ashby

HUNTER KING, as Summer Newman

KATE MANSI, as Abby Horton Deveraux
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

KIM MATULA, as Hope Logan

KELLEY MISSAL, as Danielle Manning
    One Life to Live, TOLN.com

ASHLYN PEARCE, as Aly Forrester,

DENYSE TONTZ, as Miranda Montgomery
    All My Children, TOLN.com

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA
    SERIES

CORBIN BLEU, as Jeffery King
    One Life To Live, TOLN.com

BRYAN CRAIG, as Morgan Corinthos
    General Hospital, ABC

CHAD DUELL, as Michael Corinthos
    General Hospital, ABC

MAX EHRICH, as Fenmore Baldwin

ADAM GREGORY, as Thomas Forrester

CHANDLER MASSEY, as Will Horton
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

CASEY MOSS, as JJ Devereaux
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

ERIC NELSEN, as AJ Chandler
    All My Children, TOLN.com

DANIEL POLO, as Jamie Vernon

FREDDIE SMITH, as Sonny Kiriakis
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

– See more at:
    http://emmyonline.org/day_41st_drama_performer_pre_nominations#sthash.meeSSR4E.dpuf

EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

There are a few interesting things here:

I guess there were ties in the voting with lead actress and supporting actor that they ended up with 12 and 13 pre-noms, respectively, rather than the 10 in all the other categories.  I think both those categories are going to be very tough battles.

GH and Y&R really stacked the deck in supporting actress!  I’m not surprised, but I was kind of hoping Meredith Scott Lynn could manage a pre-nom from DAYS. 

Unlike with the actresses, we didn’t know before which men had submitted in which categories, but it’s mostly what was expected.  A pleasant surprise was Billy Miller going lead.  Good for him.  I’m also glad to see that Shawn Christian went lead, since he’s got lead screentime and the show upholds him as a lead, though I don’t think he has much chance at a nomination.  It’s nice to see Wally Kurth’s name in the mix. 

In the younger categories, I’m really happy to see Kelley Missal in the mix.  She was great on OLTL when it was on ABC, and she was really good in the one episode of the relaunch that I saw.  Having Corbin Bleu on the list could bring a little star power to the process, if people care.  And Chandler Massey did submit, as I thought he probably would. 

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Random thoughts: I really want all 3 Days actresses to be on the final ballot (are there 4 or 5 nominees per category this year?). While I believe Eileen Davidson ought to win, because Kristen’s presence on the show was the #1 reason why Days had it’s best year ever, I certainly wouldn’t have a problem with Ali or Ari winning!

The voters will probably disappoint me and choose 3 of the Y&R supporting actresses and only 2 of the GH pre-noms, when I would prefer all 4 finalists (if there are 4) to be from GH, and for JANE ELLIOT to win!

So pleased that Greg Vaughan is pre-nominated and he really should win!

Odd pre-noms: Doug Davidson in LEAD (he didn’t have the material in 2013), Cynthia Watros instead of Kirsten Storms? Ridiculous! Robert Adamson? I watch B&B and have no idea who Ashlyn Pearce is? I really liked Daniel Polo but thought he had left Y&R at the end of 2012?

AMC and OLTL both got 2 pre-noms in the younger acting categories. I’m hoping the panelists have the  good sense to put Eric Nelsen, Denyse Tontz and Kelli Missal on the final ballot!

O.K., if there were only 4 nominees per category, here’s what my ballot would look like (my 5th nominee is in parenthesis):

Actress:
    Eileen Davidson, Days Of Our Lives (WIN)
    Alison Sweeney, Days Of Our LIves
    Maura West, General Hospital
    Arianne Zucker, Days Of Our Lives
    (Finola Hughes, General Hospital)

Actor:
    Christian LeBlanc, The Young and the Restless
    Billy Miller, The Young and the Restless
    James Scott, Days Of Our Lives (WIN)
    Jason Thompson, General Hospital
    (Roger Howarth, General Hospital – preferred his work on OLTL)

Supporting Actress:
    Jane Elliot, General Hospital (WIN)
    Nancy Lee Grahn, General Hospital
    Kimberly McCullough, General Hospital
    Kelly Sullivan, General Hospital
    (Tracey E. Bregman, The Young and the Restless)

Supporting Actor:
    Bradford Anderson, General Hospital
    Balke Berris, Days Of Our Lives
    Eric Martsolf, Days Of Our Lives
    Greg Vaughan, Days Of Our Lives (WIN)
    (Wally Kurth, Days Of Our Lives)

Younger Actress:
    Camila Banus, Days Of Our Lives (WIN)
    Kate Mansi, Days Of Our Lives
    Kelli Missal, One Life To Live
    Denyse Tontz, All My Children
    (Hunter King, The Young and the Restless)

Younger Actor:
    Bryan Craig, General Hospital
    Chandler Massey, Days Of Our Lives
    Eric Nelsen, All My Children
    Freddie Smith, Days Of Our LIves (WIN)
    (Casey Moss, Days Of Our Lives)

I watched B&B but just don’t love it all that much, esp. not crazy about Heather Tom ): Hope she’s left off the list this year.

GH and Y&R have 19 pre-noms, Days has 14, B&B has 9, AMC & OLTL have 2 each.

I suspect the panels will prefer Y&R, which I clearly don’t – but who knows?

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sad Kirsten Storms was left off. She really deserved to be in the running. But I’m glad to see Bradford Anderson and Dominic Zamprogna on the list for the same storyline.

I wonder what Kelly Monaco, Sean Blakemore and Lisa LoCicero could have submitted to get pre-nommed. It’s not that they’re bad actors, I just can’t remember any of them having particularly strong scenes last year.

Ecstatic to see the very deserving Finola Hughes, Jane Elliot and Jason Thompson on the list.

I respect Billy Miller for having the courage to move up to lead but selfishly, I wish he had stayed in supporting. He’s gonna be hard to beat and I really wanted Jason Thompson to get his Emmy this year. 

I don’t watch Y&R enough to know for sure, but isn’t Steve Burton in supporting b.s.? I hear he’s practically the star of the show. And Doug Davidson in lead, again?

Only GH and Y&R in supporting actress.

With all the GH love, the supporting actresses with the most material, Kathleen Gati (Obrecht), Teresa Castillo (Sabrina) and Kelly Thiebaud (Britt), were all left off. I’m not surprised about Gati and Castillo because the writing for their characters does them no favors. But I would have liked to see Thiebaud make it in over LoCicero. She had some good scenes like the one where Patrick threatens to sue for custody or any of the scenes from when Obrecht kidnapped the baby. When she started, I thought she was just another pretty face, but she’s turned into a surprisingly strong actress.

I’m surprised Cynthia Watros bothered to submit. It feels like she just started and she’s already leaving for greener pastures.       

The younger categories are stronger than usual. I wonder if Casey Diedrick (Chad, DOOL) and Robert Gorrie (nuMatthew, iOLTL) submitted.   

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

These lists get stronger and stronger by the year. I am hoping for five nominees per category since this competition calls for it. As for who is on the list, Y&R will be the nomination leader again. In lead actor alone I think those four guys are locked for a nomination with Billy winning. Like last year being KKL and Kristen Alderson’s year, I think Alison Sweeney can get in so fingers crossed on that. I knew the online soaps best chance, outside of Debbi who didn’t submit, were going to be those impressive young actors. I’m hoping all of them get in. The only thing I am giving the side-eye to is Steve Burton in SUPPORTING. This show went beyond to make Dylan happen, so that is comical that someone of Steve stature had to be relugated here.

Congrats to all of the pre-noms! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Jw79bull
    Participant
    Topics:

Where is Florencia Lozano and Kassie DePavia??? 
    Before we find out what they submitted, this is who i think should be nominated: 

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    EILEEN DAVIDSON
    KATHERINE KELLY LANG
    ALISON SWEENEY 
    HEATHER TOM
    MAURA WEST

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    ROGER HOWARTH
    CHRISTIAN LEBLANC
    BILLY MILLER
    JAMES SCOTT
    JASON THOMPSON

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    MELLISA CLAIRE EGAN
    JANE ELLIOT
    ELIZABETH HENDRICKSON

KIMBERLY MCCULLOUGH

KELLY SULLIVAN

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    BRADFORD ANDERSON
    BLAKE BERRIS
    DARIN BROOKS
    SCOTT CLIFTON
    GREG VAUGHAN

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    KRISTEN ALDERSON
    CHRISTEL KHALIL
    HUNTER KING
    KIM MATULA,
    KELLEY MISSAL

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    CORBIN BLEU
    CHANDLER MASSEY
    CASEY MOSS
    BRYAN CRAIG 
    FREDDIE SMITH

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

It was my unerstanding that everyone who submitted for the Younger acting categories got an automatic pre-nomination (correct me if I am wrong, but I read that online somewhere).

The “head scratcher” pre-noms for me are: Cynthia Watros, Robert Adamson and Steve Burton – all from Y&R. and Doug Davidson in the LEAD category! );

Hoping they give a break to the much-nominated Heather Tom, Peter Bergman, Maurice Benard, Scott Clifton, Greg Rikaart, Christel Khalil and Max Ehrich….

I would give Days 11 nominations (if there are 4 nominees per category), GH 8 nominations, AMC and Y&R 2 nominations, and OLTL 1 nomination. Know it wil be Y&R that will get the most nominations ):

The Daytime Emmys were not televised in 1983 and 1984, so there is a precedent for them happening without being televised. How about if just the soap categories only could be online??? I would love that, because I don’t care about the other daytime categories – game shows and talk shows, etc.

ReplyCopy URL
    gdfl
    Participant
    Topics:

Not a bad list of prenoms overall.  Some surprises though of course. 

Lead Actress:  
    For the ballot, I would eliminate Case, Collins, and Monaco for not having material that is strong enough.  I also think Wright and Walton won’t be able to compete either, but they might have more of a chance vs the other three.  Sweeney has been overlooked for better material in previous years, so I guess I”m predicting (and would be happy with):
    Eileen Davidson (FTW!)
    Finola Hughes
    Heather Tom
    Arianne Zucker
    And Maura West or KKL

Lead Actor doesn’t excite me much, but I’m expecting:
    Maurice Benard
    Peter Bergman
    Billy Miller
    James Scott
    Jason Thompson 
    I doubt Davidson or LeBlanc have a shot.  I suppose McCook/CLB/Howarth could make it, but they shouldn’t.

Supporting Actress is probably the hardest for me to pick this year.  I’m suprised that LoCicero, Watros, and McCullough made it (and that the latter two even submitted).  So I guess I’ll assume we will see the usual crowd.
    Tracey E Bregman
    Melissa Claire Egan
    Nancy Lee Grahn
    Elizabeth Hendrickson 
    And then one of Elliot, Heinle, or Sullivan, though I’d rather see the unlikely scenario of the three of them all making it over MCE and NLG. 

Supporting Actor is all about DOOL for me.  Mix in the usual suspects and I figure we’ll see:
    Bradford Anderson 
    Darin Brooks 
    Scott Clifton
    Eric Martsolf
    Greg Vaughan 

Younger Actress:
    Kristen Alderson, will probably make it (though the thought of her being rewarded for the disaster that has been her work is rather upsetting to me lol), along with:
    Christel Khalil (who shares my sentiments with Alderson above)
    Hunter King
    Kim Matula  
    Plus one of the iSoapers, or Godfrey  

Younger Actor is also a tough one for me to call:
    Bryan Craig
    Max Ehrich 
    Casey Moss
    Freddie Smith  
    Then the last spot to Massey based on Emmy sentiment, or Duell vs the iSoapers. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Danny
    Participant
    Topics:

Hi everyone. I am a long time lurker, but this is my first forum post. I hope to be more active in posting in the future.

Without looking at what they submitted, here are my initial reactions to the Lead Actress prenominations.

I’m glad to see Sharon Case. She was snubbed last year in the nominations, even after her amazing work in 2012. She probably won’t win this time around, but there might be a right-a-wrong nomination in the works…I don’t know what Jessica Collins submitted, but her work this past year was absolutely not Emmy worthy…Eileen Davidson is my frontrunner. What a powerhouse performance on DAYS. The first scene where she refused to let go of Brady’s leg as he lashed out at her was incredible, and then the second time around at the church was blow your mind awesome…Finola Hughes is just an all around tremendous actress, and fabulous person. Truthfully, though, I don’t see her winning. Just a hunch…I have always been a fan of Katherine Kelly Lang’s work, and this could be the year for her. I’ll bet certain B&B fans will be infuriated if she wins though-they don’t like her much…Kelly Monaco’s only uniquely good scene this past year was when Sam begged Alexis to tell her who her dad was, so that he could donate bone marrow to save little Danny Morgan. If she submits that, she might have a decent shot…Alison Sweeney. You see Finola Hughes up above? Rinse and repeat…If Heather Tom wins AGAIN, there needs to be organized mass protest in front of NATAS headquarters. It’s more than a bit absurd at this point for her to have five emmys….Jess Walton might have gotten in based off a sympathy vote. She did lose her acting partner (Jeanne Cooper) this past year, and she was definitely devastated. Still though, I think she’s got a pretty good shot at landing a nomination…I couldn’t stand Maura West as Ava Jerome. I just thought she was way too high strung and over the top…What on earth did Laura Wright possibly submit!?!?…Arianne Zucker is, sadly, out of her league here. I love her character, but she’s just not talented enough to qualify as a Lead Actress. 

As for the leading men, Maurice Benard better be showcasing his scenes with Bryan Craig at Morgan’s wedding reception.  Although, it might be a better reel for Craig than him…Peter Bergman would get nominated even if he promised to defecate on the stage during his acceptance speech. Not saying he’s not talented, but he’s rapidly approaching Heather Tom status…Doug Davidson was great last year. This year? Not so much…The GH fans will sh*t themselves if Roger Howarth wins. His character is just patently offensive…Christian LeBlanc is also rapidly approaching ridiculousness, if he hasn’t already arrived…I love John McCook. I don’t honestly think he’ll make it past this point, but I’ll be extremely happy if he does…Jason Thompson, Billy Miller, and James Scott are all nominees. Mark my words, because there isn’t any doubt in my mind…Shawn Christian? One word: Meh. 

I’ll end this post here, and do another one with the Supporting performers later on. But for now, that’s all. Thanks for letting me join in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Scoopster
    Participant
    Topics:

Great pre-noms (outside of Supporting Actress in which OLTL/AMC/DAYS/B&B were all shut out of!).

All I know is DAYS better be walking home with the Lead Actress and Supporting Actor trophies on Emmy night, because no other soap came close to dominating those categories like DAYS did in 2013.

Supporting Actor is all about DAYS IMO…they SHOULD get 3 nominations in this category…but will likely end up with 1 or 2….Vaughn and Berris deserve to both be nominated.  Despite EM hokey past on PASSIONS….he truly deserves a nomination as well…he was a revelation on DAYS in 2013….especially considering his past performances on PASSIONs (and even early into his DAYS runs), it only highlights his strong development in acting.

If DAYS gets 1 Lead Actress through it BETTER be Eileen Davidson, who better be winning that Emmy!

I can see James Scott sneaking a nomination in Lead Actor, DAYS pulling 2 noms in Younger Actor and possible sneaking a Younger Actress nod. 

ReplyCopy URL
    SummerSoap31
    Topics:

Great prenom list! I think there are a few omissions but overall I’m pretty happy with the list this year. Lots of good competition. I’m going to give my predictions of who I feel should be nominated/win even though I’m not sure what everyone submitted. 

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

EILEEN DAVIDSON, as Kristen DiMera
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

FINOLA HUGHES, as Anna Devane
    General Hospital, ABC

KATHERINE KELLY LANG, as Brooke Logan

HEATHER TOM, as Katie Logan

ARIANNE ZUCKER, as Nicole Walker
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

This is a tough category as there are several actresses I can see as winners. I would love nothing more than Eileen Davidson to win since she made Days last year but I can see this going to Finola Hughes, especially if she submitted the episode with Dr. Obrecht as Anna. Emmy voters love duel roles! Also, Heather Tom will be tough to beat. I can see her winning another Emmy.

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

MAURICE BENARD, as Sonny Corinthos, Jr.
    General Hospital, ABC

JASON THOMPSON, as Patrick Drake
    General Hospital, ABC

BILLY MILLER, as Billy Abbott

JAMES SCOTT, as EJ DiMera
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

I think it’s going to be tough to beat Billy Miller. I love Jason Thompson though, too. Maurice had some great material, as well.

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

MELISSA CLAIRE EGAN, as Chelsea Newman

JANE ELLIOT, as Tracy Quartermaine
    General Hospital, ABC

AMELIA HEINLE, as Victoria Newman

ELIZABETH HENDRICKSON, as Chloe Fisher

KELLY SULLIVAN, as Connie Falconeri
    General Hospital, ABC

It’s either Jane Elliot or Elizabeth Herickson. I’d love it if Jane Elliot won

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

BRADFORD ANDERSON, as Damien Spinelli
    General Hospital, ABC

BLAKE BERRIS, as Nick Fallon
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

SCOTT CLIFTON, as Liam Spencer

GREG RIKAART, as Kevin Fisher

GREG VAUGHAN, as Eric Brady
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

DOMINIC ZAMPROGNA, as Dante Falconeri
    General Hospital, ABC

Ahhhh, there are so many I want to see win in this category! I think Bradford had great material and Dominic for the baby storyline. Greg Vaughan was amazing as Father Eric. Blake has some great stuff too. I think I have to see who submitted what before I pick a winner.

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

KRISTEN ALDERSON, as Kiki Jerome
    General Hospital, ABC

CAMILA BANUS, as Gabi Hernandez
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

CHRISTEL KHALIL, as Lily Winters Ashby

HUNTER KING, as Summer Newman

This is the category I care least about. Nobody really stands out to me. I’ll go with Camiila Banus

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

BRYAN CRAIG, as Morgan Corinthos
    General Hospital, ABC

MAX EHRICH, as Fenmore Baldwin

CHANDLER MASSEY, as Will Horton
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

CASEY MOSS, as JJ Devereaux
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

FREDDIE SMITH, as Sonny
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

Bryan Craig or Casey Moss with Bryan having the edge.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

LEAD ACTRESS
    Eileen Davidson (Kristen, DAYS)
    Alison Sweeney (Sami, DAYS)
    Heather Tom (Katie, B&B)
    Arianne Zucker (Nicole, DAYS)
    Next In Line: Maura West (Ava, GH), Jess Walton (Jill, Y&R), Laura Wright (Carly, GH), Finola Hughes (Anna, GH), Jessica Collins (Avery, Y&R), Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke, B&B), Sharon Case (Sharon, Y&R), Kelly Monaco (Sam, GH)

LEAD ACTOR
    Peter Bergman (Jack, Y&R)
    Doug Davidson (Paul, Y&R)
    Christian LeBlanc (Michael, Y&R)
    Billy Miller (ex-Billy, Y&R)
    Next In Line: James Scott (EJ, DAYS), Jason Thompson (Patrick, GH), Maurice Benard (Sonny, GH), Roger Howarth (Franco, GH), Sean Christian (Daniel, GH), John McCook (Eric, B&B)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Tracey E. Bregman (Lauren, Y&R)
    Jane Elliot (Tracy, GH)
    Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis, GH)
    Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe, Y&R)
    Next In Line: Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea, Y&R), Cynthia Watros (ex-Kelly, Y&R), Amelia Heinle (Victoria, Y&R), Kimberly McCullough (ex-Robin, GH), Lisa LoCicero (Olivia, GH), Kelly Sullivan (ex-Connie, GH)

SUPPORTING ACTOR
    Bradford Anderson (ex-Spinelli, GH)
    Blake Berris (Nick, DAYS)
    Scott Clifton (Liam, B&B)
    Greg Rikaart (Kevin, Y&R)
    Next In Line: Greg Vaughn (Eric, DAYS), Sean Blakemore (Shawn, GH), Eric Martsolf (Brady, DAYS), Wally Kurth (Justin, DAYS), Steve Burton (Dylan, Y&R), William deVry (Julian, GH), Darin Brooks (Wyatt, B&B), Dominic Zamprogna (Dante, GH), Robert Adamson (Noah, Y&R)

YOUNGER ACTRESS
    Christel Khalil (Lily, Y&R)
    Hunter King (Summer, Y&R)
    Kim Matula (Hope, B&B)
    Kelley Missal (ex-Dani, iOLTL) 
    Next In Line: Kristen Alderson (Kiki, GH), Camila Banus (Gabi, DAYS), Kate Mansi (Abby, DAYS), Denyse Tontz (ex-Miranda, iAMC), Linsey Godfrey (Caroline, B&B), Ashlyn Pearce (Aly, B&B)

YOUNGER ACTOR
    Bryan Craig (Morgan, GH)
    Max Ehrich (Fenmore, Y&R)
    Chandler Massey (ex-Will, DAYS)
    Freddie Smith (Sonny, DAYS)
    Next In Line: Corbin Bleu (ex-Jeffrey, iOLTL), Daniel Polo (ex-Jamie, Y&R), Casey Moss (JJ, DAYS), Eric Nelson (ex-AJ, iAMC), Chad Duell (Michael, GH), Adam Gregory (Thomas, B&B) 

ReplyCopy URL
    Fishbiscuit
    Participant
    Topics:

PTL for Jane Elliot!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Christian LeBlanc did superb Emmy-worthy work when Michael and Lauren were separated. I believe if he submits scenes where Mikey and Lauren were trying to trust each other again, he has a really good shot at a nomination.

There are very few “offsensive” pre-nominations this year.

I hadn’t realized that the suicide attempt material from Daniel Polo (ex-Jamie Vernon) was from 2013; those scenes were quite strong.

Extremely surprised that Jacqueline MacInnes Wood didn’t get a Supporting Actress pre-nomination; the scenes when Steffy lost her baby were extraordinary.

I wonder if certain actors submitted their names? Sean Kanan, Jerry verDorn, Roger Howarth for OLTL (he def. submitted for GH – I preferred his work on both GH and OLTL when he was playing Todd Manning)??

Arianne Zucker has an Emmy-reel submission that if she uses she could win with, and that’s the scene between Eric and Nicole when he accuses her of raping him. Those scenes were riveting and Emmy-worthy (for both of them). If there could be a 3 way tie for the Eileen, Ali and Ari I would be ecstatic!

Wish Deidre Hall had the sense to place herself in the supporting category; she had the material for a chance at the win this year. The four actresses who didn’t make the cut were Deidre Hall, Brooke Newton (for AMC), Florencia Lozano and Melody Thomas Scott.

Looking forward to seeing who submitted which scenes!

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Welcome Danny and SummerSoap31!  I love having more voices participating around here. 

I’m
    really hesitant to make any predictions at all without knowing what
    people are submitting.  Also, keep in mind, actors submitted a few
    minutes of material to get prenominated, but they can now submit
    whatever episode (or episodes, for a 30-minute show) they want for
    consideration for the nomination and win. 

Given the way the
    system is, I can see how some people might have gotten in even without
    seeming to have any strong material this year.  It could have been
    literally two scenes that were each a minute long, over the whole year,
    and that could get someone in if those were strong enough and chosen
    well.  This round is a whole new ball game because they’ll be judged on
    an episode or two of material, so someone who’s character never really
    had a strong episode will fall away while people who are really heavily
    involved in storylines and really had more of a dynamic presence are
    more like to rise to the top.  I think of someone like Wally Kurth, who
    is great and did have big scenes here or there, but never really an
    episode that was any kind of showcase.  I can’t imagine he has much of a
    shot at a nomination, where virtual leads like Eric Martsolf and Greg
    Vaughan had several episodes where they were impressive throughout. 

Based
    on who is in these categories from which show, I suspect some of them
    did not have many submissions.  In lead actor, for example, I wouldn’t
    be surprised if these were the only ten guys who threw their names in. 
    Not to insult anyone, but there’s one person listed that I don’t think
    had any scenes that made me stand up and take notice, and based on what
    others have said, that may be the case for several more.  I don’t know
    if we had actual confirmation that all of the younger actors and
    actresses who submitted automatically got a pre-nom.  I assumed based on
    the information we had about the female submitters that there were 10
    or fewer younger actresses submitting.  I’m not sure that was the case
    for the younger actors.  I think the line-ups may seem stronger because
    the shows were better, and the writing was better.  All four network
    shows were, I think, improved in 2013 over 2012, and the online shows
    didn’t exist in 2012, so that’s an improvement, too. 

Hazarding some guesses looking at the categories:
    Lead
    Actor/Actress: As much as Heather Tom is kind of an irritating presence
    for me — I respect her talent, but I don’t like Katie and I don’t like
    the way B&B gives her blatant Emmy-bait for a couple of weeks every
    year — I think she and Eileen Davidson are very, very likely nominees
    here.  Maura West is great, but her performances as Ava could be
    divisive.  Ari Zucker has a couple of episodes that are much better than
    what she submitted last year, and even though she was in supporting
    then, I think she’s a treat for a nom.  Alison Sweeney tends to not
    submit her best work, and in this field, that’ll be enough to shut her
    out.  I definitely wouldn’t count out Jess Walton or Finola Hughes, but I
    don’t see the others being a likely threat.  Lead actor kind of feels
    like Billy Miller and his runners up right now.  Jason Thompson, James
    Scott and Maurice Benard sound like the best people to fill out the
    list, but who even knows.  A lot of the actors here don’t seem like real
    contenders.

Supporting Actor/Actress: While I’m peeved that
    GH/Y&R shut the other shows out of the actress category, they
    submitted so many names that the chances of that happening seemed pretty
    good.  I know people were hoping that JMW would make it in, and some of
    us were holding a glimmer of hope of Meredith Scott Lynn as a DAYS
    nominee, but that’s about it.  Any of the DAYS contenders here either
    submitted in lead or not at all.  There are a few gals I don’t think
    stand a chance, but for the most part this race feels dynamic and fairly
    open.  Much as the DAYS fan in me wants to declare actor a race between
    Vaughan/Berris/Martsolf, there’s a lot going on here.  There are a few
    guys who have already won (Clifton, Brooks, Rikaart), and a couple more
    who I’m sure a lot of people think should have won with Anderson and
    DeVry.  The DAYS guys and DZ have strong material, so like with the
    actresses, I almost feel like anything could happen.

Younger
    Actor/Actress: I really don’t even know.  The younger actors tend to
    have fewer standout episodes/performances, so I could see any of these
    guys slipping up and submitting a bad reel, and missing out as a result.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Reply To: 2014 PRE-NOMS!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.