Home Forums Daytime TV 2015 Daytime Emmy Nominations Announcement

2015 Daytime Emmy Nominations Announcement

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Balthazar
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone know if the 2015 Daytime Emmy Nominations are going to be announced on a morning show? Or perhaps POP, the cable channel that picked up the ceremony this year?

EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen anything about an announcement yet, but the Daytime Emmys tweeted earlier to expect big news regarding the nominations announcement soon. Also, they pushed the nominations announcement back from this Thursday to March 31, Tuesday next week. I’m not sure why, maybe something to do with making the announcement or maybe some kind of voting issue.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks for the heads up that they pushed back the announcement – not happy about it, but at least I know. Where did you read that?

Last year, Good Morning America announced just the top categories only at the very last moments of their show (Series, Lead Actor and Lead Actress for soap categories). Not sure if they will be doing it again this year.

I wish someone would leak all the Emmy reel submissions; it’s impossible to predict without knowing what each actor/actress has submitted.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

The pushed back date was both on the Daytime Emmy website and in the tweet they sent out yesterday saying to expect news.

I thought what happened last year with GMA was really unsatisfying.  It was so few soap categories, which I guess is understandable, but it was also just shoved in at the end of the show like such an afterthought.  I would guess GMA would be willing to do the same thing, but that the Daytime Emmys are looking for a better avenue.  After all, they surely want to publicize that the show will be airing on POP and that Betty White is being honored, and that would be hard to do in the last 30 seconds of a morning show, when most people have probably stopped watching. 

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll be looking for the list on the NATAS site, since of course it’s the most accurate (: I just wish there was a list somewhere of what each actor submitted – I’m wondering if anyone pulled a “Jacqueline MacInnes Wood”, who would have won 2 years ago for Younger Actress but submitted a poor epsiode instead of her best work (meanwhile, Kristen Alderson submiited a terrific Starr Manning epi on GH and won with it).

ReplyCopy URL
    MattArmando
    Participant
    Topics:

I think (and hope) that NATAS will be releasing all the submission reels once the nominations are announced, just like th past 2 years.

ReplyCopy URL
    gdfl
    Participant
    Topics:

The announcement will be Tuesday, March 31 on The Talk.  CBS is going all out this year by airing The Talk again that night on Pop as well as involving Entertainment Tonight and CBS This Morning.  Read all about it here.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks, gdfl, for sharing this information! (: I’m hoping this means we get more of the major nominations in the soaps categories this year!

Would anyone like to do a “live” thread on here? Is The Talk on at the same time or is it tape delayed in some markets? It’s 2 p.m. EST… it would be fun to do live reactions as the nominations are announced!

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, I’m excited about the amount of coverage CBS is willing to devote to the nominations, though also slightly apprehensive about what that might mean in terms of how many nominations CBS will get compared to DAYS/GH.  I’m a little embarrassed to say I’m not even sure what time The Talk airs in my market (Central New Jersey/Philadelphia).  I’ll record the broadcast, but I’m sure that, at the very least, I’ll see the noms on Twitter when they are revealed.  Live reactions sound fun, but I probably won’t be able to participate much at work.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matt McClamrock
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope you’re wrong about that EmmyLoser.  It’d be nice for Y&R to put in its place again.  It’s the only show I watch every single day and I can tell you that it does not deserve a Best Series nomination.  The actors deserve their due, which is probably why I tune in every day.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard R
    Participant
    Topics:

It looks like this will be a major improvement over last year’s show.  I like Kathy Griffin but  they need to bring some glamour and prestige back to the award show. Giving Betty White an honarary award will help get people to check it out.  They also need to focus on the soap stars and not daytime cooking and talk shows. It looks like CBS is investing a lot of money and time and why not since they are the only network with 2 remaining soaps.  It benefits them. They can also use it to promote the talk. Now I need to find out if I get the pop channel. I know i can see The Talk.  If you live in a major market you should be able to see it. I would like  to participate in a live thread but I don’t know if nominations are live or taped. Even if noms are taped we can still react.

ReplyCopy URL
    robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m in the same situation as EmmyLoser. I would love to participate in a live thread, but will not be home from work in time to do so. Looking forward to the announcement, and hoping the nominations will be distributed fairly among the shows.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll post my final predictions here.

DRAMA SERIES
    DAYS
    GH
    Y&R

LEAD ACTRESS
    Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea, Y&R)
    Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke, B&B)
    Alison Sweeney (Sami, DAYS)
    Gina Tognoni (Phyllis, Y&R) 

LEAD ACTOR
    Doug Davidson (Paul, Y&R)
    Christian LeBlanc (Michael, Y&R)
    Billy Miller (Billy, Y&R)
    Jason Thompson (Patrick, GH)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Linsey Godfrey (Caroline, B&B)
    Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe, Y&R)
    Lisa LoCicero (Olivia, GH) 
    Michelle Stafford (Nina, GH)

SUPPORTING ACTOR
    Blake Berris (Nick, DAYS)
    Darin Brooks (Wyatt, B&B)
    Scott Clifton (Liam, B&B)
    Chad Duell (Michael, GH) 

YOUNGER ACTRESS
    Camila Banus (Gabi, DAYS)
    Camryn Grimes (Mariah, Y&R)
    Hunter King (Summer, Y&R)
    Ashlyn Pearce (Aly, B&B)

YOUNGER ACTOR
    Bryan Craig (Morgan, GH)
    Max Ehrich (Fenmore, Y&R)
    Tequan Richmond (TJ, GH)
    Freddie Smith (Sonny, DAYS)

DIRECTING TEAM
    B&B
    GH
    Y&R

WRITING TEAM
    B&B
    DAYS
    Y&R 

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m just hoping for Alison Sweeney in Lead Actress. I’m also hoping Heather Tom gets snubbed!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^Please, let both of these things happen! I can’t go through yet another Emmy season worrying about Heather Tom getting yet another Emmy ): And, I need for Alison Sweeney to win her much deserved Emmy! (:

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: 2015 Daytime Emmy Nominations Announcement

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.