Home Forums Daytime TV 2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • eric
    Participant
    Topics:

I did not see one being posted, so I guess we should start one for the new year with Emmy Submissions for daytime television!

Starting today, Monday, January 2nd, 2017, we will have new episodes to cite for actors and actress we deemed should be recognize for a particular scenes!

eric
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, January 2, 2017

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Mishael Morgan as Hilary Curtis, The Young and the Restless

This is a strong sumbission for Mishael Morgan! First, it started with scenes with Neil, and them discussing that Devon ran off and the issues between her and Devon, and than her receiving the call that Devon has been in a car accident and reaction towards it! She display great emotions throughout the episode, It was some great work!!

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Sharon Case as Sharon Newman, The Young and the Restless
    Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Steve Burton as Dylan McAvoy, The Young and the Restless

The Dylan and Sharon goodbye scenes were heartwrenching! I almost cried, it was so well done! Especially, Sharon Case, she played the heartbroken one so well!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  eric.
    ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks for starting the new thread, eric! Hopefully we’ll have lots of great soap stuff to put into it in 2017. And Happy New Year to everyone!

ReplyCopy URL
    GHFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Young and the Restless
    Outstanding Supporting Actress: Mishael Morgan

Hilary gets into it with both Lily and Mariah at the hospital, and later has a tearful monologue at Devon’s bedside.

Another great performance from Ms. Morgan. It’s great to see her getting some really meaty material,as she hasn’t really had much since the affair reveal. She had good range to, with the anger and defensiveness with Lily and Mariah, to the heartfelt scenes later at Devon’s bedside.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, thanks for starting this thread! (: Here’s hoping there are wonderful performances in worthwhile storylines in 2017 for us to cite! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, January 3, 2017
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Younger Actress
    Paige Searcy – Jade Michaels

After sharing a nice family New Year’s Eve with Joey and his parents, Jade begins to have pains and loses the baby.

Lord knows I’m not a fan of Jade as a character, but I thought Paige Searcy played these scenes really well, and was very effective and sympathetic with the heavy emotional lifting at the end. James Lastovic was pretty good in this episode and the next one, but I didn’t feel moved by him.

Thursday, January 5, 2017
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Lead Actress
    Arianne Zucker – Nicole Walker
    Outstanding Supporting Actress
    Patrika Darbo – Nancy Wesley

Nicole is devastated by Nancy’s continued attempts to keep her away from Holly, as Nancy’s guilt over not only keeping the truth from Nicole but also keeping her away from her own child begins to get the better of her.

While I could live without any of the Nicole/Deimos lovey dovey scenes, Ari is great in all of the scenes dealing Holly, very sympathetic and moving. Patrika Darbo plays Nancy’s conflict so well, snapping effortlessly between fiercely protective mother/grandmother and a sympathetic person wanting to do the right thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    eric
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, January 4, 2016
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series
    James Lastovic as Joey Johnson

Joey with his parents grieve for the misscarriage, and Joey believes this is a payback for him killing Ava and his wish to confess to the muruder.

I repectfully disagree EmmyLoser. I think James was AMAZING and I felt incredibly moved by him and I think Emmy voters would really love it, if he sumbits the tape.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  eric.
    ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

January 10, 2016

Best Actress (or Supporting Actress): Deidre hall as Marlena and Hattie on Days of Our Lives

DH delivered the goods as calm Marlena, dealing with crazy Anna, and as crazy Hattie! Really pleasurable work from her today! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    GHFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

General Hospital
    Outstanding Lead Actress: Nancy Lee Grahn

A distraught Alexis flips out on Julian for dumping all her alcohol and later starts to get flashes of memories and thinks she killed Tom.

Nancy has been incredible through this entire Julian/alcoholism story, and this was no exception. There were so many levels to this performance, as she was freaking out about the liquor being gone, then starting to admit that she stabbed Tom, and then having to keep a tough exterior when Franco is questioning her. I could definitely see the possibility of her winning for both 2016 and 2017 because she has just been that good. It’s good to see her getting material worthy of her talents again, because there was awhile there where she wasn’t doing much!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  GHFan.
    ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

1/13/17
    Lead Actress
    Nancy Lee Grahn as Alexis Davis (GH)

Alexis goes to an AA meeting and admits she’s an alcoholic.

I second GHFan. NLG just made a case for back to back Emmys. She’s been sensational throughout this story and I love seeing her front and center again.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  OLTLfan.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  OLTLfan.
    ReplyCopy URL
    robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, January 24, 2017
    Days of Our Lives
    Outstanding Lead Actress: Arianne Zucker as Nicole

Brady tells Nicole the truth about Chloe’s baby. Chloe explains herself to Nicole. Nicole is moved to learn that she has a daughter. Nicole and Chloe have an explosive confrontation over Nicole’s relationship with Deimos. Nicole is arrested.

Almost a year ago today, I cited Nicole for one of the episodes following Daniel’s death. Today’s material was much less subtle. Basically, it was just soapy nonsense; given all that transpired throughout the episode, the arrest at the end played like over-the-top camp. But Zucker demonstrates her ability to turn in a compelling performance, even when the script is loaded with implausible soap cliches. I miss the fun Nicole from 2015 as I enjoy Zucker’s comedic flair, but this episode leaves no doubt she can deliver the drama. She played it to the hilt in this episode… and she was fabulous.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

^^Yes, Ari Zucker was great in this episode (I think the best moment was when she screamed at Chloe shortly before getting arrested), and I thought Nadia Bjorlin was very good as well. But can you imagine someone just randomly tuning in and seeing this? It sounds so insane. My brother, who sees the show from time to time and is generally up on the storylines, was totally confused by these implausible twists. (Though I still say this option was 10 times better than having that baby actually be the child of Chloe and Deimos.)

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Best Actress: Sharon Case as Sharon McAvoy, The Young and the Restless

Dylan explains to a shaken Sharon that he has to leave in order to protect her and the children. Sharon Case’s concentration as an actress is always quite remarkable! She is ably assisted by the departing Steve Burton as Dylan.

Honorable mentions to Melody Thomas Scott and Amelia Heinle for their well-played scenes as mama Nikki helps mama Victoria cope with her teen-aged son. and also the writing, which I didn’t cite only because it was a bit inconsistent but there was some really good writing in today’s episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, January 30 & Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Best Supporting Actress: Judith Chapman as Gloria, The Young and the Restless

Her scenes the past several days – with Lauren and Phyllis and then with Jack have been wonderful! Comedic work ought to be recognized when it is high caliber! Gloria is back and it’s so great to have her back! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Best Younger or Supporting Actress; Chloe Lanier as Nelle, General Hospital (IDK her age?)

Nelle has scenes with Michael, Bobbie, Carly and by herself as more of her plot against Carly unfolds. I knew this was going to be an “All About Eve” type story! Chloe Lanier is fascinating to watch: she is likable while she schemes! (:

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.