Home Forums Daytime TV 2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
21 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Best Supporting Actress: Lisa LoCicero (Olivia, GH)

There is a robbery at the Floating Rib and Olivia becomes protective of the engagement ring she has received from Ned. Lisa Lo is her usual funny yet poignant self in these well-acted scenes. Wally Kurth was terrific too, and Maura West was great as one of the other robbery victims, albeit one trying to keep a secret with Morgan’s medication bottle….

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Trying this one again . . .

Wednesday, March 29, 2017
    Days of our Lives
    Best Supporting Actress
    Judi Evans – Adrienne Kiriakis
    Best Supporting Actor
    Bryan Datillo – Lucas Horton

As Adrienne recovers from surgery, her doctor delivers good news from her biopsy, that she appears to be cancer free. Adrienne feels it’s time to tell Justin and Lucas which of them she’s chosen, but Lucas insists on speaking to her first. Lucas tells Adrienne how glad he is that she’s healthy and that he doesn’t want her to feel guilty if she chooses Justin over him. Adrienne tells him she’s chosen him, and then has to break the news to Justin. Lucas excitedly tells Anne that Adrienne chose him, to her extreme disappointment. Justin is stunned that Adrienne has chosen Lucas, and is less than receptive when Lucas says he wants to be friends.

Judi Evans continues to shine and just be so present and brilliant throughout this story. I’ve never found Bryan Datillo more effective than these scenes, where he thinks he’s bowing out gracefully and letting Adrienne be happy, wanting happiness for Adrienne more than he wants it for himself. It was quite lovely. Honorable mentions to Wally Kurth and the always enjoyable Meredith Scott Lynn.

ReplyCopy URL
    gatorman
    Participant
    Topics:

Thursday April 6
    Y&R

Elizabeth Hendrickson (Supporting Actress) and Melissa Claire Egan (Lead Actress).

The reveal of Chloe killing Adam was amazing. Both ladies did a terrific job with the confrontation. Best eppy of Y&R in a long time.

ReplyCopy URL
    GHFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, April 17, 2017

Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Lead Actor – Billy Flynn
    Outstanding Supporting Actress – Marcy Miller

Abigail tells Chad that he should be with Gabi and they hash it out.

I thought these 2 were really spectacular. Billy was great as always, but Marcy really held her own and delivered as well. Some of the dialogue came across silly just because some of the plot points have been ridiculous, but once you got past that, their acting shined through and was really stellar.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

4/18/17
    Lead Actress
    Nancy Lee Grahn as Alexis Davis (GH)

Alexis and Julian make love. Julian wants her to runaway with him and start a new life together. She tearfully tells him whatever they had is over and she needs to move on.

Another strong performance from Grahn. This plus her AA scenes from the beginning of the year already make her a strong contender for back to back lead noms.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

4/12/17
    General Hospital
    Supporting Actress

Jane Elliot as Tracy Quartermaine

Ned tells Tracy she deserved a better father than Edward.

Genie Francis as Laura Spencer

Laura and Valentin have it out on the docks.

I don’t know if either of these Emmy winning vets even submits anymore, but they both delivered strong work. I’m always a sucker for any scenes about Tracy’s relationship with her parents. I was surprised by the Laura/Valentin scenes. They went in a completely unexpected direction and Francis delivered a strong, angry visceral performance I didn’t know she had in her. Nicely done on her part.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

April 27, 2017

Best Actress or Supporting Actress: Jane Elliot as Tracy Quartermaine, General Hospital

Tracy puts herself on trial while she is considering leaving town with the painting; there were plenty of flashbacks, but the new scenes were Emmy-worthy, mesmerizing, and why I absolutely love and adore this particular actress! (: I will miss her so much when she is gone from the show. Bravo, Jane, Bravo!!!!! So much range, so many different emotions and colors, and I loved the tender ending. (Seeing her Emmy-winning scene with David Lewis was a special treat!)

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, May 12, 2017
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Lead Actress
    Arianne Zucker — Nicole Walker
    Honorable Mention — Outstanding Supporting Actress
    Nadia Bjorlin — Chloe Lane

Eric’s attempts to rescue Nicole from Xander land them both in captivity. Nicole unleashes a torrent of pain and fury at Eric for causing Daniel’s death and being ultimately responsible for her predicament with Holly. Chloe visits Brady in the hospital and admits that she just couldn’t let go of Holly after carrying and giving birth to her.

AZ turned in a fantastic performance here, a real tour de force. Unfortunately, it was really unsympathetic in that, as justified as Nicole is in being upset about what happened, Eric is trying to rescue her and all she’s doing is screaming at him for what was ultimately an accident. Blaming him for dating Serena was unquestionably going too far, as that was clearly a case where she could have just minded her own business. I also found Nadia Bjorlin surprisingly good in the scenes with Brady, definitely one of the best performances I’ve seen from her.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Best Drama Series: Y&R
    Best Direction : Y&R
    Best Writing: Y&R
    Best Supporting Actress: Marla Adams (Dina) and Eileen Davidson (Ashley)

It is rare for an entire episode of a daytime drama to hold me enthralled throughout; this episode, with wonderful work from everybody – I esp. loved the confrontation scene between Phyllis and Dina and Ashley’s decision to allow Dina back in to her life a little bit very powerful. The cliffhanger ending: is Chloe dead or alive? Was she murdered? Superb direction, writing and production values, and everybody delivered excellent acting performances.

Best Supporting Actress: Suzanne Rogers (Maggie)

Maggie confronts Deimos. Suzanne Rogers proves once again that she is one of the greatest actresses in daytime television history! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Outstanding Lead Actress
    Maura West as Ava Jerome
    General Hospital
    May 26 & 30

Sonny & Carly confront Ava about switching Morgan’s bipolar meds with placebo.

Maura West is the best in biz. It’s about time she finally got scenes worthy of her immense talent.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  OLTLfan.
    ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

June 12, 2017

Best Younger Actress: Hayley Erin (Kiki, GH)

Kiki is distraught that Ava has agreed to a DNR and wants to die. Hayley Erin has grown so much as an actress; I suspect it’s working with Maura West that has enabled such huge growth (: Very moving work by her. An honorable mention to the young actress now playing Josslyn: her scenes where she tries to get Carly to see how codependent and sick her relationship is with Sonny. She is terrific. And of course: Nicholas Behctel, who continues to charm as Spencer – such a breath of fresh air!

Best Supporting Actress: Vinessa Antoine (Jordan, GH)

Jordan deals with an ornery aunt, keeping T.J.’s paternity a secret. I so enjoy Jordan; Vinessa Antoine is a favorite (:

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are my half-year mark who I would nominate for Daytime Emmys plus who would be on my pre-nominations list for their work in the first 6 months of 2017. I had, as usual, a tougher time with the male acting categories in finding ten worthwhile nominees, and a tough time paring down the actresses to just ten. Would love to know others choices, too! (btw, I placed actors in the categories I think they belong in, just the way I see it, not necessarily in the “right” categories)

Best Actress
    Eileen Davidson, The Young and the Restless
    Nancy Lee Grahn, General Hospital
    Rena Sofer, The Bold and the Beautiful
    Maura West, General Hospital
    Ariane Zucker, Days Of Our Lives

(5 runners-up: Camila Banus, Days; Sharon Case, Y&R; Amelia Heinle, Y&R; Mishael Morgan, Y&R; and Laura Wright, GH)

Best Actor
    Michael Easton, General Hospital
    Billy Flynn, Days Of Our Lives
    Daniel Goddard, The Young and the Restless
    John McCook, The Bold and the Beautiful
    Freddie Smith, Days Of Our Lives

(5 runners-up: Eric Braeden, Y&R; Bryton James, Y&R; Eric Martsolf, Days; Joshua Morrow, Y&R; and James Patrick Stuart, GH)

Best Supporting Actress
    Marla Adams, The Young and the Restless
    Tracey E Bregman, The Young and the Restless
    Jane Elliot, General Hospital
    Judi Evans, Days Of Our Lives
    Suzanne Rogers, Days Of Our Lives

(5 runners-up: Vinessa Antoine, GH; Judith Chapman, Y&R; Camryn Grimes, Y&R; Christel Khalil, Y&R; and Jess Walton, Y&R)

Best Supporting Actor
    Bryan Datillo, Days Of Our Lives
    Greg Rikaart, The Young and the Restless
    Christopher Sean, Days Of Our Lives
    Paul Telfer, Days Of Our Lives
    Greg Vaughan, Days Of Our Lives

(5 runners-up: John Aniston, Days; Darin Brooks, B&B; Steve Burton, Y&R; Chad Duell, GH, and Alex Wyse, B&B)

Best Younger Actress
    Reign Edwards, The Bold and the Beautiful
    Hayley Erin, General Hospital
    Josslyn Jacks, General Hospital (actress name?)
    Chloe Lanier, General Hospital

Best Younger Actor
    Nicholas Bechtel, General Hospital
    Pierson Fode, The Bold and the Beautiful
    Casey Moss, Days Of Our Lives
    Tequan Richmond, General Hospital

ReplyCopy URL
    lovethedrama
    Participant
    Topics:

07-21-2017
    General Hospital

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series – Genie Francis as Laura Spencer

Laura continues her conversation with Sonny with regards to him helping her find Spencer. Later she runs into Valentin at the PCPD station and learns he’s been released on bail and unleashes her fury on him and estranged wife, Nina. At the docks, as she continues to let him have it, Laura is overcome with anger and assaults him.

Genie RISES when given the chance and this episode featured an amazing performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I had meant to site Deidre Hall (Marlena/Hattie) and Judi Evans (Adrienne/Bonnie) a few days ago. the contrast between the two pairs (Marlena/Adrienne and Hattie/Bonnie) was outstanding (:

July 26, 2017

Best Younger Actor: Nicholas Bechtel as Spencer Cassadine (General Hospital)

Master Bechtel shined as he showed up at the police station and accused Valentin of kidnapping him. He eventually admits he doesn’t know for sure. The kid is so charming and fun to watch! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

^^Freeman, I had also been thinking of citing Deidre Hall (Dr. Marlena Evans/Hattie Adams) and Judi Evans (Adrienne Kiriakis/Bonnie Lockhart) in supporting actress for the Monday, July 24 episode of DAYS, where Marlena and Adrienne have a heartfelt conversation touching upon, among other things, Sonny’s recent arrest for Deimos’s murder, and Hattie convinces Bonnie to agree to impersonate Adrienne in order to get revenge on Maggie. Though, I think Deidre Hall was even better on Wednesday, July 19, where Hattie practices impersonating Marlena as she and Angelica discuss their plans, while Marlena is briefly reunited with John before he leaves town again.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.