2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

Home // Forums // Daytime TV // 2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok, Freeman, I am finally posting my midyear selections. I want you to know that I did my list without looking back at yours. I waited until my list was done to compare!

Lead Actor
    John McCook, The Bold & the Beautiful
    Daniel Goddard, The Young & the Restless
    Jason Thompson, The Young & the Restless
    Billy Flynn, Days of our Lives
    Eric Martsolf, Days of our Lives

Lead Actress
    Rena Sofer, The Bold & the Beautiful
    Amelia Heinle, The Young & the Restless
    Camila Banus, Days of our Lives
    Arianne Zucker, Days of our Lives
    Nancy Lee Grahn, General Hospital

Supporting Actor
    Alex Wyse, The Bold and the Beautiful
    Lamon Archey, Days of our Lives
    Freddie Smith, Days of our Lives
    Paul Telfer, Days of our Lives
    Greg Vaughan, Days of our Lives

Supporting Actress
    Judi Evans, Days of our Lives
    Marla Adams, The Young & the Restless
    Judith Chapman, The Young & the Restless
    Camryn Grimes, The Young & the Restless
    Mishael Morgan, The Young & the Restless

Younger Actor
    Pierson Fode, The Bold & the Beautiful
    Anthony Turpel, The Bold & the Beautiful
    Casey Moss, Days of our Lives
    Nicolas Bechtel, General Hospital

Younger Actress
    Reign Edwards, The Bold & the Beautiful
    Courtney Grosbeck, The Bold & the Beautiful
    Hayley Erin, General Hospital
    Chloe Lanier, General Hospital

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Very interesting list robbalto (:

Who is Lamon Archey? Does he play Tripp? I am unfamiliar with that name…

I am surprised you pick Jason Thompson for Y&R? I simply have not warmed to him in the role of Billy… were there particular scenes that you felt stood out from 2017?

Very strong picks… if I were to amend mine with work from July, I would add Deidre Hall to my Best Actress list…

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Fun list, robbalto!

Lamon Archey is the actor who plays Eli.

ReplyCopy URL
    robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

Freeman: “Does he play Tripp?”

The actor who plays Tripp, Lucas Adams, is very good. I try to separate him from the terrible storyline. He may land on my year-end list. I could not find any record of his age.

Freeman: “Jason Thompson for Y&R? I simply have not warmed to him in the role of Billy… were there particular scenes that you felt stood out from 2017?”

No particular scenes, but his collective work has been very good. I know we all loved Billy Miller as Billy. Thompson’s take on the role is very different and not as easy to love, but he is convincing as a spoiled, wealthy man-child.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

Freeman: “Does he play Tripp?”

The actor who plays Tripp, Lucas Adams, is very good. I try to separate him from the terrible storyline. He may land on my year-end list. I could not find any record of his age

He’s 24.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

July 31, 2017

Best Actress: Deidre Hall as Dr. Marlena Evans and Hattie Jones (Days Of Our Lives)

Deidre plays both roles flawlessly as Hattie explains to Marlena that she plans on switching places with her in her quest for Roman (: Deidre is fantastic when she plays both roles and is my current favorite actress with this storyline (:

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, July 28, 2017
    Days of our Lives
    Best Actor — Billy Flynn (Chad DiMera)
    Best Actress — Marci Miller (Abigail Deveraux)

Chad pleads with Abigail not to go into witness protection with Dario, then lashes out when she refuses to explain why she’s going other than that she’s doing it for him. Abigail gets the good news that Dario’s blackmail evidence has been destroyed, but is then hit by a car when she pushes Chad out of the way.

I thought both of these actors did a fantastic job with the scenes. Billy got to shine a little more, but both poured a lot into it, very effectively. I could see Billy especially being very competitive with this episode. And Marci has been really great since the change in writing/storyline direction ramped things up.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

August 9 & 10, 2017
    Lead Actress
    Mary Beth Evans as Kayla Brady

Kayla begs Joey not to confess to Ava’s murder. When Patch doesn’t take her side, she lets him have it.

Evans is such a pro but often doesn’t get as much credit as she deserves because she makes it look so easy. These scenes were a wonderful showcase for her and I thought better than her Emmy winning scenes from a few years ago. Really strong, emotional work from a talented, underrated actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

July 19, 2017
    Lead Actress
    Nancy Lee Grahn as Alexis Davis (GH)

Julian asks Alexis to testify at his trial. She makes him testify first.

August 10 & 11, 2017
    Lead Actress
    Nancy Lee Grahn as Alexis Davis (GH)

Alexis testifies in Julian’s trial.

Typically strong work from one of Daytime’s finest. I especially loved her last scene crying with Julian.

Lead Actress is gonna be a bloodbath next year. GH alone has four worthy contenders in Grahn, West, Wright and Monaco. DAYS’ veteran actresses are already getting good material and I’m sure the best is yet to come. I’d wholeheartedly support noms for Diedre Hall & Mary Beth Evans. I’d love it if the CBS actresses were shut out altogether but I’m sure Tom or Tognoni will bait their way in! I don’t know how they’ll narrow it down to just 4 or 5.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  OLTLfan.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  OLTLfan.
    ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I was also going to cite the August 10 episode for Mary Beth Evans, though I agree, she was stellar in both. Meanwhile, I’m going to throw this out there . . .

Friday, August 11, 2017
    Days of our Lives
    Best Supporting Actor
    Bryan Datillo — Lucas Horton

Reeling from being dumped by “Adrienne,” Lucas gets drunk with Brady and the two commiserate about their romantic woes.

Some great humor from Datillo that could pair really nicely with some of this more heartfelt scenes with Adrienne from earlier in the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    youngsoapfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Her name is Hattie adams not Hattie Jones Freeman!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Best Actress: Maura West (Ava, GH)
    Best Younger Actress: Lexi Ainsworth (Kristina, GH)

Maura has been extraordinary as Ava deals with her feelings about her looks, stirred feelings for Griffin, and the scene where she looks in the mirror and she has her beautiful face once again (in a dream) was breathtaking.

Kristina picnics with Parker; understated work that is sublime. (Why can I not remember the name of the B&B actress who plays Parker?). I like that Lexi’s performance is quiet yet moving…

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

Why on earth is Lexi not a regular? She’s dynamite in all she’s given!

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, August 16, 2017
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Lead Actress
    Mary Beth Evans – Dr. Kayla Johnson
    Outstanding Supporting Actor
    James Reynolds – Abe Carver

Kayla continues to lash out as Steve for supporting Joey’s decision to turn himself in. Joey eventually convinces Kayla to let him to the right thing. Abe shares his concerns over Theo’s deleting the incriminating photo of Chad with Valerie, and both are shocked when Hope and Rafe arrest him for counterfeiting. Abe and Valerie angrily proclaim Abe’s innocence.

I thought the acting in both of these stories was generally very strong, with honorable mentions to Lucas Adams, Stephen Nichols, Vanessa Williams, Lamon Archey and Kristan Alfonso, who were great in their respective parts. For MBE, I think this episode runs a good relative range from the fury at the beginning to the heartbreaking acceptance at the end. Reynolds gets to do much more here than he did in his Emmy-nominated performance last year, and this could probably work well with some quieter moments as a reel if he were to factor into next year’s race.

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, Sept. 4, 2017
    The Bold and the Beautiful (Season 30, episode 244)
    Outstanding Lead Actor:
    Scott Clifton
    Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series

The day of reckoning is upon Bill when Liam stages an intervention and exposes all of Bill’s lies to a stunned Thomas and Sally while a distraught Caroline looks on. Thomas confronts Bill and Caroline about their deception. Quinn shows her appreciation to Ridge. Sheila concots a plan to ensure that Eric becomes hers.

You can always count on B&B to bring the fireworks, and boy did they ever and with perfect timing for Labor Day! I love how this episode provided just the right blend of high-stakes drama and humor (Dick Christie is a master at comic relief and his scenes with Charlie and Sheila watching the live surveillance footage of Quinn and Ridge trapped in the elevator, like two cats in front of a fishbowl, were pure gold!) and Adam Dusevoir did a great job balancing the two in his script.

Scott Clifton is just in a class of his own! I really like how he played all his scenes where Liam slowly grills Bill with so much conviction and emotional control, but still lets us see just enough of how conflicted Liam is feeling underneath the surface over his decision to have his own father arrested.

Honorable mentions go out to Linsey Godfrey who just killed it in her one scene where Thomas confronts Caroline over having gone along with Bill’s lie about Caroline’s terminal illness, and to Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, who was more of a background player here but still emoted so much feeling of sympathy with her eyes alone

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
Reply To: 2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.