Home Forums Daytime TV 2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, September 11, 2017

Best Actress: Deidre Hall as Hattie Adams (and Marlena Evans), Days Of Our Lives

I wanted to particularly cite Deidre for her work today as HATTIE. Ably assisted by Kristian Alfonso’s Hope, these scenes were poignant and had heart (: Now that the rules are changed and performers can pull together a 20 minute reel this could be a nice contrast – honestly, DH has tons of different scenes she could submit, both from earlier in the year and especially from this summer storyline (:

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, September 15, 2017

Best Supporting Actor: Brayn Datillo as Lucas Horton (Days Of Our Lives)

Bryan Datillo delivers yet another SUPERB performance as Lucas has so much to deal with: an argument over his drinking with Kate; running into Gabi and Arianna and feeling threatened that Arianna might be taken away from his life, confronting the engaged foursome at the church, and seeing a vision of his “dead” son Will…. BD has delivered so many stellar performances and here is hoping that either he will submit or Ken Corday will submit for him for an Emmy nomination for his amazing work in 2017!

ReplyCopy URL
    robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes! Freeman, I was about to post for Bryan Datillo. He was so good on Friday. And of course I support the nod for Deidre Hall.

Also, Alokin, I agree with your citation for Scott Clifton. He has been doing great work on B&B lately.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree about Bryan Datillo. I’m pretty blown away by the effectiveness and range of his work this year. I’ve always thought that he was pretty good but not great in the past, but he’s really been excellent in 2017. I also agree Deidre Hall’s performance as Hattie on Monday was stellar, Emmy-worthy work.

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks, robbalto. B&B has just been roaring on all cylinders! There are a bunch of exceptional performances from the last couple weeks when I was out sick that I didn’t get a chance yet to cite, so for the sake of keeping in line with the chronology of when these episodes aired, I’ll soon try and update my earlier post instead of citing them out of order here (hopefully, the editing glitch at Gold Derby will have been fixed by then).

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m surprised there’s so much praise for Bryan Dattilo on this thread. I’ve hated his performance lately, it has me cringing every time, especially when he’s sharing scenes with much better actors like Lauren Koslow or Chandler Massey.

ReplyCopy URL
    gatorman
    Participant
    Topics:

September 26, 2017. Outstanding Supporting Actress: Camyrn Grimes (Mariah, Y&R).

Camyrn showed a lot of range and vulnerability in today’s show. First, her expression when Kevin arrived was priceless. Then, when she was opening up to Kevin about being with Devin, but loving someone else. Then admitting she has feelings for Tessa. Then starting to talk to Tessa at end of the episode.

I always thought Camryn was an amazing actress and I’m excited to see where this storyline goes.

ReplyCopy URL
    robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

I definitely support the nod for Camryn Grimes. I loved the way she played the scenes with Greg Rikaart (Kevin) as well as the subsequent scenes with Cait Fairbanks (Tessa). I also loved the writing for the scenes.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, September 29, 2017

Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Sean as Paul (Days Of Our Lives)

Paul’s wedding vows to Sonny were extremely well played and touching (: This would be a nice contrast to his earlier crazy scenes from earlier in the year. It was a long yet beautiful scene, extremely well written (:

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, I agree. I was frankly surprised by how lovely some of the speeches at the wedding were, and especially Paul’s vows. It really spoke to the evolution of his character, and Christopher Sean was once again excellent.

ReplyCopy URL
    GHFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, October 2

Days of our Lives

Outstanding Drama Series
    Outstanding Directing
    Outstanding Supporting Actress – Marci Miller
    Outstanding Supporting Actor – Freddie Smith

I thought this was a really strong episode overall. It had a really nice build to it too, as it started with the very sweet and well written vows and then amped up the drama with Ben. I love that they kept it very character and relationship driven because that helped ground it when it very easily could have gone over the top given the plot. I thought all the acting was great but Marci and Freddie stood out the most. Marci was great, as was the Directing, in the fantasy scenes where she thinks she is imagining Ben. Freddie showed a really good range throughout the episode and I really felt it when he was ripping into Ben.

ReplyCopy URL
    robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

Good call for all the nods to Days! I really enjoyed the acting on Monday’s episode. And the episode was certainly a possibility for Drama Series and directing.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, I agree, GHFan. I wanted to wait a little and see where things went, but after yesterday’s episode, I would say Monday was the highlight. I could see this being a really strong drama series submission and an excellent directing submission.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, October 9, 2017

Best Supporting Actor: Robert Scott Wilson as Ben Weston (Days Of Our Lives)

Crazy Ben recounts the visit his father made to the prison where Ben was and how Clyde told him that he did not murder Will Horton. RSW rocks his scenes as a sympathetic lunatic! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Best Supporting Actor: Bryan Datillo as Lucas Horton (Days of our Lives)
    Best Supporting Actress: Lauren Koslow as Kate Roberts DiMera (Days of our Lives)

Simply this: their scenes today made me cry… and cry and cry! Really quite beautiful acting from both of them!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.