Home Forums Daytime TV 2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
OLTLfan
  • EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Agree with both of the above citations. Casey Moss is doing really excellent work.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

November 17, 2017

Best Supporting Actress: Marla Adams (Dina, The Young and the Restless)

Dina undergoes tests for possible dementia – she is frustrated, snarky, nervous, defensive, and heartbreaking. She has so much great material to choose from for 2017 in this category. Superb.

ReplyCopy URL
    gatorman
    Participant
    Topics:

November 20, 2017

Outstanding Lead Actress: Eileen Davidson (Ashley Y&R) and Outstanding Lead Actor: Peter Bergman (Jack Y&R).

Ashley is overjoyed that Abby is safe and back home. After an emotional reunion with her, she heads back home. Ashley and Jack discuss their mother Dina, who has Alzheimer’s. Ash wants to put her in a home, so she can get the care she needs. Jack is against it. They realize the first step is to tell the family first, especially Dina. Eileen and Peter always do a great job of protraying siblings. While I’m not thrilled Dina has Alzheimer’s, I am excited to see where this story goes. I’m excited to get to see more Ash and Jack scenes, as Eileen and Peter always deliver.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Best Supporting Actor: Chandler Massey (Will, Days Of Our Lives)
    Best Actress: Deidre Hall (Marlena, Days Of Our Lives)

Deidre has even better material, yes, but I need to cite her because her scenes with Will are always beyond wonderful and this one didn’t disappoint, as Grandma Marlena reunites with her grandchild Will.

Chandler really delivered as Will dealt with learning the truth that Susan has been lying to him about his identity and all these weird Salemites have been telling him the truth. Esp. poignant in his above mentioned scene with Marlena, who persuades him to come back to Salem with them. Very poignant (:

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, November 27, 2017

Best Supporting Actor: Chandler Massey (Will, Days Of Our Lives)
    Best Supporting Actress: Marla Adams (Dina, The Young and the Restless)

Chandler is simply astonishing in his scenes with Arianna, Gabi and Marlena. He is showing why he already has 3 Emmys: he is so imaginative and thoughtful in his acting choices!

Marla Adams continues to astonish as Dina spirals with dementia/Alzheimer’s. Her breakdown as she realized she may have set the fire at the Underground was mesmerizing.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Days of Our Lives
    November 30, 2017

Supporting Actor
    Chandler Massey

Supporting Actress
    Alison Sweeney
    Lauren Koslow
    Kristian Alfonso

Will goes off on Sami for her crazy plan to help him regain his memory. Kate confesses her part in Theo’s shooting to Andre. Rafe accuses Hope of still not being over Bo.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

11-29-17
    GH
    Supporting Actress
    Finola Hughes as Anna Devane

Anna tells Finn how Robin got AIDS.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Best Supporting Actress: Alison Sweeney (Sami, Days Of Our Lives)

Sami gets in a huge fight with sister Belle and accusations and the past are brought up big time; Sami is devastated with worry that Will will never forgive her. She is then comforted by brother Eric. I have been so so so impressed with Ali’s superb performances during her return to the show. The writers have written for her material that she has gone above and beyond in delivering phenomenal performances! I would be hard-pressed to figure out what 20 minutes would be her very best material to submit but I do hope she submits. She is one of five actresses who I would be thrilled beyond words if they were to win (Judi Evans is still my #1 but numbers 2-5 are all amazing as well!)

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

December 7, 2017

Best Actress: Eileen Davidson (Ashley, The Young and the Restless)

Ashley calls an emergency board meeting to discuss making her the CEO of the company; unfortunately Jack finds out about it and declares the meeting over (boo!) and then he throws in her face that she isn’t a real Abbott. ED was on fire in this episode! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, December 8, 2017

Best Writing (Days Of Our Lives)
    Best Supporting Actor: Bryan Datillo (Lucas, Days Of Our Lives)
    Best Supporting Actress: Alison Sweeney (Sami, Days Of Our Lives)

Lucas is at the police station after having wrecked his car while driving drunk; Sami confronts him and tries to persuade him to sober up for their children’s sake and for his own. He eventually agrees and calls Maggie who comes and is going to help Lucas on his journey. Bryan and Ali delivered and I must say I have been simply amazed by the high quality of Ali’s work in particular.

The writing of this episode was top-notch; every single scene was interesting: Victor and Sonny; Eve and Maggie; Paul and Brady; Lucas and Sami; Will and Eric – just superb! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Echo469
    Participant
    Topics:

The only thing that makes me cringe more (other than Bryan Datillo’s acting) is his overblown, overstyled Jane Fonda shag hairdo. But give him credit, he is and always has been consistent: the WORST actor on daytime TV.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^Bryan Datillo usually doesn’t submit for Emmy consideration. He has been BRILLIANT lately and absolutely deserves an Emmy for his work. Simply superb! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I would not want to be the person trying to pick the writing episodes for DAYS this year. So many options!

Bryan Datillo was good in these scenes, though I think he has enough better work from earlier in the year that this maybe doesn’t factor in for him. I feel the same about Alison Sweeney. She was great in these scenes, but this probably wouldn’t be her best stuff to submit. I loved Suzanne Rogers this episode and the contrast between being loving and supportive with Lucas at the end of the tougher, more prickly scenes with Eve.

Generally speaking, I tend to find Datillo more frequently underwhelming than impressive, but he’s had a surprisingly strong year with some stellar performances that range from elation to utter despair.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
Reply To: 2017 Daytime Emmy Sumbissions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.