Home Forums Daytime TV 2018 Daytime Emmy Submissions

2018 Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
OLTLfan
VinceT
  • OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

February 22, 2018

Best Supporting Actress

Suzanne Rogers as Maggie Kiriakis

Maggie leaves Victor.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^agree with this citation 100% (:

ReplyCopy URL
    GHFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, February 27
    Bold and the beautiful

Outstanding Lead Actress: Heather Tom
    Outstanding Lesd Actor: Don Diamont
    Outstanding Supporting Actor: Darin Brooks

Wyatt and Katie tells Bill about their engagement. He blows up and threatens to cut Wyatt out of his life and sue Katie for custody of Will.

I haven’t been watching BB regularly but had heard good things from this fallout, so decided to check it out! The performances from these 3 were all really stellar. Don plays a great villain even though I can’t stand bill at this point. Darin and Heather perfectly played all the emotions, the anger, hurt, surprise. I’m sure we will get more good stuff from these 3 as this story unfolds!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Best Supporting Actress: Camila Banus, Days Of Our Lives

Eli tells Gabi that he cheated on her and that lani’s baby is his, not J.J.’s. Camila Banus has been on fire in her scenes lately! Really strong material!

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

March 5, 2018

Days Of Our Lives

Writing

Lead Actress Kristian Alfonso

Supporting Actress Melissa Reeves

The truth about Sami comes out at Hope and Rafe’s wedding. Julie lashes out at Gabi. Hope tells Rafe they’re over. Ciara hits Claire.  Jennifer tells Eric how she really feels about his twin sister. Eli makes a confession to Gabi.

This was a fantastic episode. It was cohesive as it all revolved around the fallout of Hope and Rafe’s wedding. My favorite part was the Jennifer/Eric fight. I totally didn’t see it coming but it made perfect sense at the same time. I was also happily surprised that Eli’s secret was revealed too. Melissa Reeves was fantastic reading Sami for filth. And Alfonso had great range. I loved that she had quieter, subtle moments mixed in with the histrionics. It didn’t feel cliched or too soapy.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with both the above citations, and I’m also going to throw Victoria Konefal and Olivia Rose Keegan on the list for Younger Actress for Monday’s episode. Good emotion and drama from both of them. Kristian Alfonso was great, and I also liked that it didn’t feel like the same old same old you might get in this kind of episode, a credit to both the writing and acting. And I think Melissa Reeves, along with Greg Vaughan, did a really job of not only playing the argument but also just showcasing that Jennifer and Eric have plenty of spark to them as a pair and don’t have to be boring.

Also, just to clarify, Eli actually did not tell Gabi that he, and not JJ, was the father of Lani’s baby, a pretty interesting choice. Gabi made it clear that any chance of forgiveness came with the promise of no more secrets, so putting aside this as a plot-necessary element, it’s essentially Eli picking Lani over Gabi. Either the secret never ever comes out and Gabi never learns he lied about it, or it does come out, likely ruining both his relationship with Gabi and JJ’s with Lani, but then he has not only a co-parent relationship with Lani but also a foundation of trust. Anyway, Banus was great in those scenes.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

March 8, 2018

Best Supporting Actress: Marla Adams, The Young and the Restless

Dina is back and her Alzheimer’s has gotten more severe – these scenes are so brilliantly acted! I lived this in real life with my late mother Alice and Marla Adams is doing an AMAZING truthful real and raw performance. I hope she wins this year’s Emmy but she already has several golden episodes for 2018 as well!

ReplyCopy URL
    GHFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, March 12

Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Lead Actor: Eric Martsolf
    Outstanding Lead Actress: Kassie DePaiva

Victor tells Eve that Brady was setting her up and she calls off the wedding.

I thought both, especially Kassie, were really great in these scenes. I’m not quite sure if they would fit in Lead or Supporting because it is still early in the year, but this would make a great reel for both of them either way!

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I totally agree with the Kassie dePaiva love. My only issue with DAYS recently is they haven’t been giving her the fierce material she deserves. Hopefully, this will be the start of some juicy stuff for her. JJ’s gonna be single soon. Rafe’s single. StefanO isn’t getting any action from Gabigail. I need Eve to get over Brady stat and start seducing some of Salem’s sexiest men.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  OLTLfan.
    ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, March 12, 2018

Best Supporting Actress: Marla Adams, The Young and the Restless

Dina’s Alzheimer’s disease causes her to have the delusion that John is coming for her to take her out for a night of dancing; Victor comes to the door to talk to Ashley but instead takes Dina out for dancing. she already has so many outstanding episodes in 2018, any of which could get her a much deserved Emmy nomination! Her realistic handling of this material is glorious; she is truly outstanding! (: Eric Braeden, Eileen Davidson and Beth Maitland ably assisted her in this superb performance. I absolutely love the work she has been doing – A+++!

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m echoing the love for Kassie DePaiva and Eric Martsolf, who were both terrific in yesterday’s episode. Martsolf has been doing a great job over the past year or so playing basically a fairly sympathetic villain, and he plays Brady’s heartache well. DePaiva’s performance was a lovely mix of anger, pain, betrayal and the toughness that Eve has had to develop throughout her life. Great stuff. With the way the writing team is spreading the story around, there are lots of people who could, at this point, be considered leads, so I don’t know which way these two will fall.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Lead Actress
    Kassie dePaiva as Eve (DOOL)

3-9-18
    Eve prepares for her wedding to Brady

3-12-18
    Eve calls off her wedding to Brady

3-13-18
    Eve tells Brady she’s moving out. He tries to convince her to stay and kisses her. She tells him off and leaves. Later, at Brady’s Pub, she has words with arch rival Jennifer.

Kassie is coming for that long overdue Emmy. She was fire telling Brady off after he kissed her.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Supporting Actress
    Rebecca Herbst as Elizabeth Webber (GH)
    3-13-18

Liz tells Franco she knows he tried to kill Drew when they were kids.

I think Herbst is a limited actress without a ton of range. But she’s been nominated 3 times with similar performances/material before so voters clearly like her. And she was perfectly effective in these confrontation/breakup scenes.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

The arc of these three episodes together could be really great for Kassie DePaiva come Emmy time. I loved her reaction to Brady kissing Eve and her scenes with Jennifer, which were really nicely done.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^so far this year, I would consider Kassie DePaiva a Supporting Actress; do you all think she belongs in lead? She is always so wonderful! (:

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.