British Soap Awards 2017

Home // Forums // Daytime TV // British Soap Awards 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Eastenders gets wiped out. It’s the only soap I watch but the current Exec Producer is running it into the ground. My only hope is for the show to get nothing here leading to O’Connor getting the Lorraine Newman treatment and announcing his departure within a few months.

The bullying stuff has been very strong. Lee’s Depression has been very strong.

The rest has been forgettable. This is the man who made The Archers massive thanks to the domestic abuse storyline. So why is there always talk about recycling bins!?

I don’t know who else they could get in to save it (I would love to see Kate Oates running it, given that she took Emmerdale to the top, and has turned Corrie around in next to no time). Deirderick Santer maybe needs to return, and take it back to his recent glory days from 2007 to 2010 (bringing in the Masood’s, Ronnie and Roxy; Stacey’s Bipolar; the live episode).

Given the news of a new family coming, I will wait for them to come in and see if they inject something fresh into proceedings (like the Carters initially did when Enders had its last dip). If not, then O’Connor needs to call it a day.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Lee’s depression was a fantastic storyline but I hate the bullying stuff with a passion. I just don’t care about any of the younger cast members- I mean none of them can act other than Jasmine Armfield and even she’s been so overused due to the sexting story before this that I’d rather she took a break.
    Killing off Ronnie and Roxy was a massive mistake. O’Connor needs a big, great storyline now or he’s out.
    I already know I won’t like the new family as well- too many kids!- O’Connor seems to think Eastenders is Hollyoaks

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

With me living here in the US, EE is the only British Soap I watch but I do keep up with the others. EE nominations are weak. I really hope Diane Parish wins Female Dramatic Performance but I have a feeling Kym Marsh from Coronation Street could win. Diane should have been nominated for Best Actress over Lacey Turner. Lacey really didn’t do anything last year. Tameka Empson better FINALLY win Best Comedy Performance. It’s great Steve McFadden is up for Male Dramatic Performance but I think John Middleton from Emmerdale will win that. Annette Badland should have been nominated for Villain of the Year over Jake Wood. Jake Wood is NOW just getting started. I’m stunned the actor that plays Cameron on Hollyoaks didn’t get nominated for Villain! Best Actor will possibly go to John Middleton. EE actors are weak. Should have been Steve McFadden, Danny-Boy Hatchard and James Bye; not to discredit Scott Maslen because he was pretty good with Ronnie’s death. I’m stunned Kieran Richardson from Hollyoaks didn’t get nominated. Zach Morris for Newcomer???? Jenna Russell should have been nominated over him eventhough most viewers are NOT warming to her. I think Duncan James from Hollyoaks will win this. Jasmine Armfield should have been nominated for Young Actor over Bleu Landau. Best On-Screen Partnership could go either way. I would love to see James Bye & Lacey Turner win it but I think John Middletoin & Charlotte Bellamy could win it or maybe Richard Linnell & Kassius Nelson from Hollyoaks; I believe this was beautiful partnership. They might decide to give it to Matthew Chambers & Elisabeth Dermot Walsh from Doctors. The same with Single Episode. I have a feeling they might give it to Doctors. It’s either Corrie or Hollyoaks for Scene of the Year. A lot of viewers weren’t happy with Ronnie & Roxy’s exit. Ashley’s Dementia from Emmerdale or Teenage Cancer from Hollyoaks will possibly win Best Storyline.

Emmerdale will win Best Soap!

ReplyCopy URL
    darthvader12
    Participant
    Topics:

Lee’s depression was a fantastic storyline but I hate the bullying stuff with a passion. I just don’t care about any of the younger cast members- I mean none of them can act other than Jasmine Armfield and even she’s been so overused due to the sexting story before this that I’d rather she took a break.
    Killing off Ronnie and Roxy was a massive mistake. O’Connor needs a big, great storyline now or he’s out.
    I already know I won’t like the new family as well- too many kids!- O’Connor seems to think Eastenders is Hollyoaks

I agree that Lee’s Depression has been fantastic and I hate the Bullying Storyline as well.

Plus, I’m sick to death of most of the storylines being about the teenagers. The only one that can act is Jasmine Armfield, but she’s been overused already.

It feels like if Sean O’Connor is trying to turn EastEnders into Hollyoaks.

ReplyCopy URL
    darthvader12
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope John Middleton wins Best Actor, I will be annoyed if anyone else wins.

Who do you want to win Best Actor?

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope John Middleton wins Best Actor, I will be annoyed if anyone else wins.

Who do you want to win Best Actor?

I’ve not seen any of the winners so don’t spoil it, but it HAS to be John Middleton for Actor.

Actress is so much more wide open. I honestly don’t know who might win it. Maybe Marsh? I think I want it to be Charlotte Bellamy. She has been fantastic for years and has never received the recognition she deserves. Plus the Dementia storyline has been so beautiful, it deserves every award it has a shot at.

Who do you want to win Best Actress?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  AMG.
    ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Single Episode Winner: Inside Ashley’s Mind – Emmerdale

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Male Dramatic Performance Winner: John Middleton – Emmerdale

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Comedy Performance Winner: Dolly-Rose Campbell – Coronation Street

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Female Dramatic Performance Winner: Kym Marsh – Coronation Street

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Best On Screen Partnership Winner: Richard Linnell and Kassius Nelson – Hollyoaks

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Villain: Lucy-Jo Hudson – Doctors

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Young Actor: Elle Mulvaney – Coronation Street

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Outstanding Achievement Winner: Nick Pickard – Hollyoaks

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Storyline Winner: Ashley’s Dementia – Emmerdale

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
Reply To: British Soap Awards 2017

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.