Daytime Emmy’s 2011 Ceremony thread

Home // Forums // Daytime TV // Daytime Emmy’s 2011 Ceremony thread

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Kennedy Everett Maraj
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay I missed the first 10 minutes and Best Supporting Actress was perhaps the only category I was mainly interested in. I really wanted to see Trcia Cast take this one. So many people had her as the front runner but then again that means nothing at the Daytime Emmy’s apparently. Having said that I actually had Heather Tom ranked second behind Cast on my list so I am happy for her seeing that it has been forever since she last won an Emmy despite mulitple nominations for so many different shows over the years.

Best Supporting Actor – Everyone said Jonathan Jackson would win and so he did. No surprise there. Was rooting for Doug Davidson only because he is so over due for an Emmy. However when and if he does win it should be in the Lead Actor category.

Best Younger Actor and Actress – happy that Scott Clifton finally has an Emmy but really wanted to see Emily O’Brien win even though the experts said she did not have much of a chance.

Best Actor – Happy to see Michael Park win again. Wish he was there.

Best Actress – I actually wanted to see Susan Flannery win this again – after all the episode they submitted and which they won for Best Drama Series and Best Directing was all about her. Anyway Laura Wright I love as Carly and so I am happy for her.

Best Drama Series – This was B&B’s award to lose and I am happy they did not lose it.

Finally Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa have an Emmy – sucks that they weren’t there to receive it. Reminds me of when The View ladies finally won a couple years ago and they weren’t there to receive it. Ah well… this is the Emmy’s fault if you ask me. Who is going to show up year after year when the same winners are announced over and over again? This is what makes the Daytime Emmy’s so pointless in my opinion. It’s always the same winners over and over again. At least “Wheel of Fortine” and Regis and Kelly broke that boring streak tonight. Too bad they had to share it though.

What irked me the most about this year’s telecast is the number of doubler winners. That’s just another thing that makes the Daytime Emmy’s feel like a lesser award to some degree. With so many ties it makes you wonder just exactly how the heck are they really judging these things!!!

I hate to sound mean but did we really need all those PSA’s on these ill-stricken children? I feel sorry for them and sure I want to help but gosh this is an AWARD show – was it that difficult for them to have – oh I don’t know.. like actual awards being given out instead of this?

And this stupid competition about prizes being given away… Enough already!!! Again this is supposed to be “an award show” – what the hell does prizes and vacation trips to be won have to do with the Daytime Emmy’s?!?!

Finally okay I get that the show was in Vegas but seriously its Vegas  people – who doesn’t know about Vegas and what it has to offer? The entire show felt like it was a damn two hour commerical about Vegas!!!

Honestly I have said this before and I will say it again – The Daytime Emmy’s really need to shift away from trying to make their show more fan-oriented and reverse to a much more sophisticated and classy telecast.  A show where clips of the nominees are actually shown, then a cut away to said nominee siting in the audience before the winner is announced. A show where the audience noise isn’t so defeaning at times that it makes you wonder whether you are really watching the MTV Awards or Teen Choice or some other crap like that. 

EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

You know, I went into the awards expecting them to be bad, and then there was kind of a fakeout because they gave out two awards in the first ten minutes.  I thought maybe the ceremony really would be more geared toward daytime.  But no, it was just a ridiculous mishmash of things that didn’t even make sense together jumbled into a telecast. 

And James Scott didn’t even win!  The whole experience was just kind of aggravating for me.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Daytime Emmy’s 2011 Ceremony thread

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.