( +1 hidden )
March 1, 2013 at 10:15 pm #423814
All predictions and commentary here.
LEAD ACTRESS PRE-NOMINEES
Susan Flannery (ex-Stephanie, B&B)
- Outside of her goodbye party, Stephanie comforts Brooke, who wants to spend more time with the Forrester matriarch. Stephanie asks Brooke to lead the Forrester family and maintain peace after she passes away in a bittersweet scene.
Heather Tom (Katie, B&B)
- Katie announces to Bill and Brooke she’s leaving her marriage, new baby and life — and that she regrets ever getting pregnant.
Peggy McCay (Caroline, DAYS)
Finola Hughes (Anna, GH)
Kelly Monaco (Sam, GH)
Kelly Sullivan (Connie/Kate, GH)
Laura Wright (Carly, GH)
Sharon Case (Sharon, Y&R)
Jeanne Cooper (Katherine, Y&R)
Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki, Y&R)
- An overwhelmed and emotional Nikki visits the Newman Ranch for the first time since it was mysteriously engulfed in flames.
Michelle Stafford (Phyllis, Y&R)
- In front of a crowd at Crimson Lights, Phyllis freaks out on Christine after learning The Bug is suing her.
LEAD ACTOR PRE-NOMINEES
Don Diamont (Bill, B&B)
- Bill screams at Liam after his son, who dyed his hair, misses his wedding to Hope for a night out on the town with Steffy.
John McCook (Eric, B&B)
- Eric urges Stephanie to see treatment for her terminal cancer but she refuses.
Maurice Benard (Sonny, GH)
Roger Howarth (Todd, GH)
Jason Thompson (Patrick, GH)
- Ghost Robin helps a bereft Patrick, who sheds a magnificent single tear, get ready for Robin’s funeral by tying his tie.
Peter Bergman (Jack, Y&R)
Doug Davidson (Paul, Y&R)
Christian LeBlanc (Michael, Y&R)
- In a conversation with Avery, Michael worries that Lauren is losing it when it comes to Daisy.
Michael Muhney (Adam, Y&R)
- A very pissed off and frustrated Adam maintains that he’s not obsessed with Sharon to his nagging wife, Chelsea.
Stephen Nichols (ex-Tucker, Y&R)March 2, 2013 at 1:07 am #423816
As much as I absolutely LOVE that Peggy McCay made the pre-nomination cut from the previous list (beating out Deidre Hall…I am very shocked)….I don’t know if her tape has enough impact (emmy baity stuff) to get her a top 5.
She certainly is well respected and is a veteran actress in the industry, with two previous nominations (one in Lead Actress as well). She also has the sentimental thing going for her. I don’t think she deserves to be Top 5, but I would be absolutely thrilled to see her nominated and get a last kick at the can.
Very pissed Joseph Mascolo did not make the pre-nom cut…he was excellent in his tapes.March 2, 2013 at 1:13 am #423817
Oh and shout out for Jason Thompson from GH…he SOOO deserves to win Lead Actor with that reel…my God…amazing performance!March 2, 2013 at 11:37 am #423818
After watching the clips, here is who I would nominate for LEAD ACTRESS
Sharon Case, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Susan Flannery, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
Michelle Stafford, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Heather Tom, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
Laura Wright, GENERAL HOSPITAL
6. Peggy McKay
7. Finola Hughes
8. Melody Thomas Scott
9. Jeanne Cooper
10. Kelly Sullivan
11. Kelly MonacoMarch 2, 2013 at 12:50 pm #423820
After watching the clips, here is who I would nominate for LEAD ACTOR
Maurice Benard, GENERAL HOSPITAL
Peter Bergman, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Roger Howarth, GENERAL HOSPITAL
Michael Muhney, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Jason Thompson, GENERAL HOSPITAL
6. Stephen Nichols
7. Christian LeBlanc (I couldn’t find his exact tape, so this may change)
8. John McCook
9. Doug Davidson
10. Don DiamontMarch 4, 2013 at 3:39 pm #423821
Will we definitely get five nominees in both categories? There were so few lead actress contenders I thought they’d possibly drop down to four nominees instead.March 4, 2013 at 4:26 pm #423822
I would hate for that to happen in the “grown folks” categories.March 14, 2013 at 4:02 pm #423823
I think the lead actor nominee’s will be:
Jason Thompson “General Hospital”
Peter Bergman “The Young and the Restless”
Doug Davidson “The Young and the Restless”
John McCook “The Bold and the Beautiful”
Stephen Nichols “The Young and the Restless”
runner up that could sneak in is Maurice Bernard, if his castmates push him to the nomination.March 14, 2013 at 4:07 pm #423824
I think the lead actress nominee’s will be:
Susan Flannery “The Bold and the Beautiful”
Peggy McKay “Days of our lives”
Kelly Monaco “General Hospital”
Kelly Sullivan “General Hospital”
Melody Thomas Scott “The Young and the Restless”
The two runner ups are Jeanne Cooper and Michelle Stafford, only if their castmates push them to nominations.March 18, 2013 at 7:36 am #423825
With ONLY 4 network Soaps left on air, this years will be a VERY weak Emmy season. No competition now. Not like before when there were 9-10 network soap operas to choose from which made the competition more widespread. The selections are sparsely divided.
Lead Actor should go to the brilliant Peter Bergman. His scenes with the amazingly talented and gifted 2 Time Emmy winner, Darnell Williams as Sarge in the physical therapy storyline arc and subsequent addiction to painkillers makes him stand head and shoulders above the rest. Darnell made him look great this year around.
Lead Actress should go to the sensational Susan Flannery of The Bold and The Beautiful in her cancer/death storyline. So wrenching emotionally draining, and believable to the core, she stands head and shoulders above the rest IMO. No one comes close.
Supporting Actress should go to the wonderfully talented Melissa Clair Egan of The Young and The Restless. She brings Chelsea to life with every single episode, for sure. Her scenes with Adam are so brilliant. (Personally, she was amazing in her role as Annie Lavery on All My Children and made everyone connected to her character to include Cameron Mathison and Rebecca Budig, Alicia Minshew, Jacob Young, so great to include her scenes with the legend himself David Canary as Adam/Stuart Chandler. AMC will miss her as they are back in production for a re-launch).
Supporting Actor is a toss up to me. Still working on narrowing down my choices in this category.
Best Drama: The Bold and The Beautiful.March 23, 2013 at 5:48 pm #423826
Thanks for posting the links! I know for certain that my picks for the top 5 are different now that I have seen what they submitted.
1. Kelly Sullivan, General Hospital
2. Heather Tom, The Bold and the Beautiful
3. Susan Flannery, The Bold and the Beautiful
4. Finola Hughes, General Hospital
5. Michelle Stafford, The Young and the Restless
1. Jason Thompson, General Hospital
2. Peter Bergman, The Young and the Restless
3. Doug Davidson, The Young and the Restless
4. John McCook, The Bold and the Beautiful
5. Michael Muhney, The Young and the Restless
I can’t wait to see the clips for Supporting Actor and Actress. Right now I can agree with an earlier poster that Melissa Clare Egan should be at the top of the list. Supporting Actor is a bit more tricky. Will James Reynolds win for a sentimental, melodramatic performance? Or can Bradford Anderson finally prevail from General Hospital?March 24, 2013 at 4:00 pm #423827
I am not sure if Sullivan has enough name-regconition to get the win. I’m thinking it’s a toss-up between Susan Flannery in her final season or Finola Hughes, in her first full-time gig on soaps since “AMC”. I’m throwing the bone to Hughes, just by a slight inch.March 24, 2013 at 4:11 pm #423828
1. Fionla Hughes, GH
2. Susan Flannery, B&B
3. Sharon Case, Y&R
4. Laura Wright, GH
5. Kelly Sullivan, GH
To me, a nod for Hughes and Flannery are the closest thing we have to a lock right now. Laura Wright seems likely enough to grab a second spot for “GH”, and I think in a very weak year, Sharon Case may surprise with a nomination for Y&R. I am slightly hesitant to give GH three spots, but I think Sullivan’s dual role is enough to warrant her a nomination, at least.
I really think Hughes and Flannery are neck and neck right now.
1. Jason Thompson, GH
2. John McCook, B&B
3. Peter Bergman, Y&R
4. Don Diamont, B&B
5. Maurice Bernard, GH
–I think these are the 5 guys that we’ll see. I do think however, we might see Bergman traded out in favor of Doug Davidson.April 27, 2013 at 10:22 am #423829
Next In Line: Michelle Stafford (Phyllis, Y&R), Jeanne Cooper (Kay, Y&R), Kelly Monaco (Sam, GH), Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki, Y&R), Kelly Sullivan (Connie/Kate, GH), Sharon Case (Sharon, Y&R)
Next In Line: Christian LeBlanc (Michael, Y&R), Maurice Benard (Sonny, GH), Stephen Nichols (ex-Tucker, Y&R), Don Diamont (Bill, B&B), Michael Muhney (Adam, Y&R)