February 22, 2013 at 9:42 pm #423717
Given the fact that I love how GH has been with the refocus on vets and acceptable newbies, I have the following wish list. If you work on the show, take heed. I WILL be holding you accountable:
1) Keep Genie Francis and give her a strong story. This is a no brainer. She’s the soul of the franchise and was treated like dook for waaay too long. I don’t necessarily want her paired with Luke, but as long as she’s with Tony Geary in terms of screentime, great.
2) Put Lynn Herring on full contract STAT. Thursday’s episode showcased Lucy brilliantly. She was coy, devious, diabolically smart, passionate. I have so missed this performer and this character. She brings a deftly delivered comic relief to a show that was soooo drab with awful mob stories for too long. Queen Lucy is back, all hail the red dressed, lingerie wearing, duck fancying Queen!
3) Shit or get off the pot time. Patrick and Sabrina. OK this plays like a crush on Passions. I could probably lapse into a coma for 5 years and Patrick would still not know Sabrina likes him and she’d be mooning over him. Get the show on the road or stop it. It’s not as interesting as you think and really only has any significance if Robin comes back. Oh yeah …
4) Bring Robin back. Because … duh.
5) Since we recast Kristina with a lesser actress, can we recast Molly with a better one? Or at least one that doesn’t deliver her lines at a whine? Or is shoehorned in a love triangle with cute vampire son and boring boy whose name I can’t be bothered to ever remember?
6) Have Jason’s funeral already for crying out loud. SERIOUSLY!
7) Shit or get off the pot Vol. 2. Anna and Duke edition. Either get their 80’s on or let Ian Buchanan go, because this lull in the story is about as much fun as watching me trim my toenails.
8) Pair up Felix with Lucas Jones already. That’d be so cute.February 25, 2013 at 12:09 pm #423719
All of those are good suggestions and are on-point.
Here’s a few of mine:
1. Want to add fire to the Luke/Anna/Duke thing? Lets please add Robert and Holly into the mix. Bring Robert back and have him be married to Holly (or at least pretending to be) and have them working together to win back Luke and Anna, respectively. Also, GH needs a good female villain who can deceive as well as anybody, but who isn’t a total psycho like Heather. They also need to to correct the error that was writing Holly as a cartoonish bond villian; at her worst, Holly was a complicated vixen searching for true love. Also, She could give Tracy a run for her money.
2. Bring back Ned Ashton, QUICK… Pair him up with Felicia or Alexis and have him throw his hat in the ring for ELQ.
3. Seriously Give Alexis a real love interest; this is a well-educated lawyer; she needs a man that can match wits with her. I say put her with Ned or introduce a new, fiesty, male lawyer who can give her a run for her money. It’s insane that she hasn’t had a real story in years. Also, let’s forget about this whole thing with Alexis and Jerry.
4. Re-introduce the Jones Family. Bobbie is coming back (YAY!) but who knows for how long. I say bring back Bobbie and Lucas and reintergrate them into the series. Have Bobbie living with Carly and helping to raise the kids; perhaps use her as a moral guide for Carly. Have Bobbie desperate for love try to win Scotty’s love back and revert to her lying, scheming self?