Official 2016 Prenoms

Home // Forums // Daytime TV // Official 2016 Prenoms

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Pre-nominated performers in alphabetical order in six categories follow below:

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES 

TRACEY E. BREGMAN, as Lauren Fenmore Baldwin
    The Young and the Restless, CBS

EILEEN DAVIDSON, as Ashley Abbott

KASSIE DEPAIVA, as Eve Larson
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

MELISSA CLAIRE EGAN, as Chelsea Newman

MARY BETH EVANS, as Kayla Brady
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

FINOLA HUGHES, as Anna Devane
    General Hospital, ABC

KATE MANSI, as Abigail Devereaux
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

GINA TOGNONI, as Phyllis Newman Abbott

MAURA WEST, as Ava Jerome
    General Hospital, ABC

LAURA WRIGHT, as Carly Corinthos
    General Hospital, ABC

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

MAURICE BENARD, as Sonny Corinthos
    General Hospital, ABC

ERIC BRAEDEN, as Victor Newman

TYLER CHRISTOPHER, as Nikolas Cassadine
    General Hospital, ABC

DOUG DAVIDSON, as Paul Williams

BILLY FLYNN, as Chad DiMera
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

ANTHONY GEARY, as Luke Spencer
    General Hospital, ABC

JUSTIN HARTLEY, as Adam Newman

THORSTEN KAYE, as Ridge Forrester
    The Bold and the Beautiful, CBS

CHRISTIAN LEBLANC, as Michael Baldwin

KRISTOFF ST. JOHN, as Neil Winters

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

LAURALEE BELL, as Christine Williams

MOLLY BURNETT, as Melanie Jonas
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

JESSICA COLLINS, as Avery Bailey Clark

JUDI EVANS, as Adrienne Kiriakis
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

LINSEY GODFREY, as Caroline Spencer

CHRISTEL KHALIL, as Lily Winters Ashby

PEGGY MCCAY, as Caroline Brady
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

SOFIA PERNAS, as Marisa Sierras

MELISSA REEVES, as Jennifer Horton
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

KELLY SULLIVAN, as Sage Warner

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES 

SEAN BLAKEMORE, as Shawn Butler
    General Hospital, ABC

DARIN BROOKS, as Wyatt Spencer

STEVE BURTON, as Dylan McAvoy

SEAN CARRIGAN, as Ben “Stitch” Rayburn

BRYTON JAMES, as Devon Hamilton

WALLY KURTH, as Justin Kiriakis
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

GREG RIKAART, as Kevin Fisher

CHRISTOPHER SEAN, as Paul Narita
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

JACOB YOUNG, as Rick Forrester

DOMINIC ZAMPROGNA, as Dante Falconeri
    General Hospital, ABC

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

CAMILA BANUS, as Gabi Hernandez
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

LAUREN BOLES, as Ciara Brady
    Days of Our Lives,   NBC

ASHLEIGH BREWER, as Ivy Forrester

REIGN EDWARDS, as Nicole Avant

HAYLEY ERIN, as Kiki Jerome
    General Hospital, ABC

KELLI GOSS, as Courtney Sloan

CAMRYN GRIMES, as Mariah Copeland

VIVIAN JOVANNI, as Ciara Brady
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

OLIVIA KEEGAN, as Claire Brady
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

HUNTER KING, as Summer Newman

ALYVIA ALYN LIND, as Faith Newman

TRUE O’BRIEN, as Paige Larson
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

ASHLYN PEARCE, as Aly Forrester
    The Bold and the BeautifulCBS

BROOKLYN RAE SILZER, as Emma Drake
    General Hospital, ABC

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

NICOLAS BECHTEL, as Spencer Cassadine
    General Hospital, ABC

BRYAN CRAIG, as Morgan Corinthos
    General Hospital, ABC

MAX EHRICH, as Fenmore Baldwin

ROME FLYNN, as Zende Forrester

PIERSON FODÉ, as Thomas Forrester

CONNOR KALOPSIS, as Chase Jennings
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

JAMES LASTOVIC, as Joey Johnson
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

JONATHAN MCCLENDON, as Chase Jennings
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

CASEY MOSS, as JJ Devereaux
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

TERRELL RANSOM JR., as Theo Carver
    Days of Our Lives, NBC

TEQUAN RICHMOND, as TJ Ashford
    General Hospital, ABC

OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

No GH in supporting actress is shocking. We know NLG and Stafford didn’t submit and Finola moved back up to lead. I’m assuming Jane Elliot chose not to submit as well. But where are LoCicero and Herbst?

I’m surprised Thompson didn’t even get a prenom.

Did Chad Duell not submit? The scenes when he took Avery from Sonny and said “I think I’ll call you AJ” should have gotten him a 2nd consecutive supporting nomination and maybe even win.  

Lots of DAYS. Good for them. Really poor showing for B&B. 

No Karla Mosley for the year’s most buzzed story is shocking.

So now we know Kate Mansi went lead and Peggy McCay finally went supporting. It’s about time. I wonder if Diedre Hall and Kristian Alfonso submitted. 

ReplyCopy URL
    youngsoapfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m very happy to see Melissa Reeves on there, but no Arianne Zuker? That’s kind of surprising, and no kristian alfonso either. We know Freddie smith submitted for lead, i guess he didn’t make the cut?

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

No Karla Mosley is the biggest snub if she submitted; B&B did terrible in the four major categoires: Thorsten Kaye (terrible), Linsey Godfrey and Darin Brooks! (Hooray, no Scott Clifton!) Brewer, Edwards, Pearce, Flynn and Fode were all automatic prenoms.

Happiest about: strong showing for Days (: 10 in major categories plus 9 automatic prenoms!

Kassie DePaiva!!!!!!

Billy Flynn!!!!

Judi Evans!!!

Christopher Sean!!!

Y&R domianted ): 18 in the major categories plus 5 automatic prenoms.

Weird: Mary Beth Evans in LEAD? Sofia Pernas???

Glad: Peggy McCay submitted in supporting!

Glad there are many new faces, but some really dreadful prenoms are here: Benard, Braeden, Geary, Tognoni, Burton… dreary! (no Peter Bergman tho!)

Interesting list…

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Interesting list.  There are some big disappointments, and some other big surprises.  I’m bummed that Karla Mosley didn’t get a prenom (not sure if she submitted lead or supporting, maybe the latter with Jacob Young submitting there) and very disappointed that Freddie Smith didn’t make it.  I wonder what he submitted.  I’m also sad Kristian Alfonso didn’t make the list, but I don’t know if she submitted.

Wonder of wonders — Peggy McCay submitted in supporting this year!  Good for her.  And good for Kate Mansi submitting in lead and getting in.  I’m stunned Mary Beth Evans submitted lead and got a prenom.  About half the lead actress list is actresses that I like very much but wouldn’t nominate and probably wouldn’t have prenominated either.  I’m shocked by how poorly GH did in the supporting categories.  Even considering Michelle Stafford and NLG not submitting and accounting for Jane Elliot possibly not submitting, there were still plenty of actress options with Lisa LoCicero, Rebecca Herbst, Emme Rylan, Kirsten Storms, Genie Francis, Rebecca Budig, Teresa Castillo, and others.  But supporting actress is the most dynamic category with the fewest holdovers from last year’s prenoms.  Molly Burnett is a real surprise, and I would have much sooner expected to see Jen Lilley in that spot.

Also just to say: Y&R has a ridiculous number of prenoms.  For the top four categories (the ones that had actual prenom voting), they have 18 actors, well more than DAYS (10), GH (8), and B&B (4), and have more in any three categories than any of the others shows have in all four.  But I’m excited about these.  I feel like it’s going to be an interesting awards season, and I’m looking forward to learning more about the submissions! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Scoopster
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love to see KM, BF, KDP, JE, MR, CM, CS and CB all make it in for DAYS.

ReplyCopy URL
    robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

I too am surprised by GH’s poor showing in the supporting categories. But then, we do not actually know who submitted. 

Overall, not what I expected (is it ever?), but a viable list. 

ReplyCopy URL
    GHFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Overall, a mixed bag as always.  There is a mix of new blood, usual suspects,
    and huge omissions.  I decided to split
    it up into the following categories to dissect my feelings!

HUGE
    Snubs:

Karla Mosely, Rebecca Herbst, Kristian Alfonso,
    and Jacqueline MacInnes Wood. 

All 3 women had STELLAR years in 2015.  I was most shocked by Karla.  I guess I had just assumed she would be
    included between the buzz the story was getting, the social relevance of that
    story, and just pure strength of the performance.  Rebecca was equally great from keeping the
    secret, to finding out her son was alive, to the fallout of her secret.  Kristian had one of her strongest years ever,
    only second to when Zach died.  I
    honestly wasn’t expecting them to recognize Kristian, as she was snubbed for
    equally great material when Zach died, so I didn’t have faith that they would
    honor her, but still a snub nonetheless. 
    JMW unfortunately hasn’t been able to break into the bigger categories
    since she aged out of younger.  She was
    great the year she had a miscarriage, and great again this year, but can’t seem
    to get any recognition. 

Snubs:

Robert Scott Wilson, Bryan Datillo, Eric
    Martsolf, Freddie Smith, Burgess Jenkins, Joshua Morrow.

These all kind of speak for themselves.  I wasn’t necessarily expecting any of them,
    but they all had really great years as a whole. 
    For Bryan in particular, he might not have submitted.  I remember Michael Fairman telling him at Day
    of Days that he needed to submit the Will’s death stuff, and he said that he didn’t
    really like to play the Emmy game.  I
    could see Burgess maybe not submitting because he has left the show and someone
    else is now in the role, so he might have just wanted to make a full and complete
    break from the show.  I am especially surprised
    that RSW didn’t make it in, considering that the voters likely found this story
    compelling since they chose both Billy and Kate. 

Very Happy
    For: 

Judi Evans, Kassie DePaiva, Kate Mansi, Billy
    Flynn, Justin Hartley, Melissa Claire Egan, Mary Beth Evans, Finola Hughes,
    Lauralee Bell, Jessica Collins, Linsey Godfrey, Melissa Reeves, Darin Brooks,
    Wally Kurth, Kelly Sullivan, Jacob Young, Christopher Sean. 

I think all of the above are very deserving and
    had great years, so all in all, more of the prenoms than not were good.  I think I am most happy for Billy Flynn and
    Kate Mansi.  I had already resigned to
    the fact that they probably wouldn’t make it in, as they aren’t as “known” as
    others.  But pleasantly surprised that
    they both correctly submitted in lead, and both got in for great performances
    all year. 

Surprises:

Molly Burnett, Christel Khalil, Sofia Pernas,
    Sean Blakemore.

I was very surprised by the above three
    ladies.  I think all three are good
    actresses and aren’t necessarily undeserving, I just thought there were others
    that had better overall years.  I am
    assuming they all submitted their best, as they all had at least one standout episode.  Sofia probably submitted where she was
    reunited with her daughter, Molly probably submitted her final scenes with
    Brady and Theresa, and Christel probably submitted one of the Lily and Cane
    fights while their marriage was falling apart, all of which were great performances.  Sean Blakemore is also a good actor, I just hadn’t
    even thought about him because he has been off the show for so long.  He probably submitted his last scenes with
    Jordan in jail when she revealed that he was TJ’s father.  From what I remember, he was quite good in
    those scenes, but I just don’t see it making the final cut. 

Category
    Fraud:

Eileen Davidson, Tracy Bregman, Steve Burton,
    Mary Beth Evans, Doug Davidson, Christian Leblanc, Dominic Zamprogna, Jacob
    Young

Happy
    not to see:

Peter Begman, Amelia Heinle, Scott Clifton,
    Heather Tom.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^This sums it up very, very nicely GHFan.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone else think Karla Mosley must have not submitted? I honestly thought she was going to be Kassie DePaiva’s main competition for Best Actress.

I wonder which GH actresses submitted for Supporting Actress? Really odd that nobody was prenommed from GH in that category.

For the most part I agree with GHFan’s post as well – a very thoughful analysis! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll be pissed if Kassie DePavia finally wins an Emmy for DOOL after being snubbed for OLTL for years and years! Just like how they snubbed Kristen Alderson for OLTL for decades but gave her three noms and a win for GH, despite her work on that show being awful.

ReplyCopy URL
    gdfl
    Participant
    Topics:

I have mixed feelings about this in general.  It’s hard to evaluate when we don’t know who was overlooked.  Did Amelia Heinle opt out, submit poorly, or was she overlooked?  What about Heather Tom and KKL, the latter of whom had enough in the way of potential reels to at least make the top 10.  But even with those musings, the good outweighs the bad here IMO and we have definitely seen worse years.  I’ll post more of my thoughts in the rankings threads. 

ReplyCopy URL
    DS0816
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Jacob Young should have moved up to lead.

I would like to think Karla Mosley had in mind lead.

Those two were the best — and most prominent stars — on “The Bold and the Beautiful” in 2015.

Seems like such a waste.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

Happy the Emmy’s are coming up but after looking at this list, I am very disappointed with list from B&B and DAYS!
    Really think it’s going to be a lot of acting nominations from GH & Y&R!
    Don’t watch GH nor care for GH so their acting nominations is a blur to me!

DAYS: I honestly don’t think they’ll get a lot of acting nominations! Mary Beth Evans for Lead………..Supporting but NOT Lead! Kassie DePaiva……Mixed feelings…….MAYBE but NO and too early for Kate Mansi and Billy Flynn! Where is Kristian Alfonso and Ari Zuker at for Lead??? Where is Peter Reckell and Stephen Nichols??? Judi Evans and Peggy McCay……….right choices for Supporting Actress!!! Molly Burnett & Melissa Reeves……….HELL NO! Suzanne Rogers & Jen Lilly???? Where are these two? A definite NO to Wally Kurth and Christopher Sean for Supporting Actor! Where is Robert Scott Wilson and Freddie Smith???? Don’t see anyone making the finals for Younger Actress! Casey Moss…………YES for Younger Actor but NOT the others!

B&B: Like DAYS, they may not get a lot of acting nominations either! Thorsten Kaye will NOT make the final for Lead Actor! Scott Clifton should have been nominated for Lead Actor! WHERE THE HELL IS KARLA MOSLEY & KATHERINE KELLY LANG for Lead Actress?????????? Grest choices for Supporting Actor but I think Jacob Young should have submitted himself for Lead Actor! Lindsey Godfrey………….YES. Reign Edwards and Ashlyn Pearce will probably make the finals for Younger Actress but NO ONE from Younger Actor!

Y&R: WOWSER with all the acting nominations but some of the people listed left me scratching my head! Tracey Bregman for Lead Actress…….NO! Mixed feelings for Eileen Davidson but Gina Tognoni & Melissa Claire Egan………DEFINITE YES!!!!! Doug Davidson & Christian LeBlanc for Lead Actor………NO, they haven’t done much last year! YES to Eric Breaden, Justin Hartley & Kristoff St. John! Where is Peter Bergman, Melody Thomas Scott & Sharon Case?  Did they not submit? Jessica Collins & Kelly Sullivan………..YES! Mixed feelings for Sofia Pernas but Lauralee Bell………..Meh but NO! Great choice for Supporting Actor……….Bryton will probably get in MORE than the others! Mishael Morgan is missing from the list!  Where is she?  Perfect choices for Younger Actress and Max Ehrich will probably get in for Younger Actor eventhough the only thing he has done last year was come back for the Scooby Doo storyline!

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I really really want to know who submitted and in what categories.  I’d also like to know what they submitted, but I think even just finding out who was trying would be illuminating.  My guess is that supporting actress was an intensely crowded field and the actresses who were nominated benefitted from very strong submissions and a slight inclination toward DAYS and Y&R to support one another more than the other two shows.  Because of their history over the last few years, I would expect that even with the names we eliminated at likely or definitely not submitting, GH probably entered plenty of actresses into the supporting actress category.  With B&B, the only actress who we even know submitted and where is Linsey Godfrey, but that doesn’t account for whether and where Heather Tom, Karla Mosley, Katherine Kelly Lang, Jacqueline MacInnes Wood and others may have submitted.  It’s definitely possible KM and KKL both submitted supporting and just feel behind in a very crowded race.  Also, KM’s work might be really hard to appreciate in a four-minute excerpt.  Most soap situations are so familiar that there’s a shorthand to watching a scene.  You can jump right into the emotion of it because even if you’ve never really experienced it, you’ve seen it played out a hundred times.  The Maya story was different, and there’s no easy blueprint for jumping in.  KM might have been hindered as a result, in either category.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
Reply To: Official 2016 Prenoms

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.