1. NANCY LEE GRAHN, General Hospital
She was electrifying during Alexis’ ordeal at the hands of murderer Julian. Stunning performances!
2. LAURA WRIGHT, General Hospital
Morgan’s death gave her great material, as well as his needing to be in a psychiatric ward.
3. SHARON CASE, The Young and the Restless
Sharon had a complicated baby switch story and she delivered stellar performances all year.
4. JEN LILLEY, Days Of Our Lives
Teresa grappled with how to keep others safe on her way out of town. Esp. good work with Paul Telfer’s Zander on Teresa’s (non)wedding day.
5. KRISTIAN ALFONSO, Days Of Our Lives
Hope murdered Stefano, then had to cover it up. Always excellent!
6. MELISSA CLARE EGAN, The Young and the Restless
Her work with Justin Hartley is always really good and she always delivers.
7. MARY BETH EVANS, Days Of Our Lives
Last year’s winner was actually a lead actress this year; she is always good, just don’t care for her material as much as others.
8. HEATHER TOM, The Bold and the Beautiful
She did outstanding work with her alcohol and break-up with Bill story early in the year.
9. GINA TOGNONI, The Young and the Restless
I simply don’t care for her take on Phyllis. Yes, she gives technically solid performances, just not to my taste.
10. JESS WALTON, The Young and the Restless
Ummm, what? Why is she in the LEAD category? Total category fraud! She’s always good, of course, geesh!