( +1 hidden )
January 4, 2017 at 10:08 am #1201979443
This is the phase for the nominations for work we loved between January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016 on daytime soaps. The rules are as follows and include one important change from previous years:
– voting will end in the nominations phase on January 25, 2016
– in each category, select your top THREE candidates, ranked from 1st to 3rd. Your top choice will receive 5 points, your next choice will receive 3 points, and your last choice will receive 2 points.
– a change we are doing this year concerns the Lead Actor and Lead Actress category: we have decided to have 4-5 suggestions per show in each category; the reason for this is to try to avoid what happened last year, when a few performers failed to get nominated because their votes were split evenly between lead and supporting. The list will be on the next post after this one.
– you may vote in as many categories as you like. If you vote in a category you MUST vote for 3 candidates or that category will not be counted.
– your ballot will be considered if it includes at least TWO soaps on it. This is to discourage voters from stacking the deck in favor of one particular soap. If you believe, for instance, that Days had the 3 best lead actresses, that’s fine, but don’t submit a ballot with 21 Days actors on it.
– Drama Series, Writing, Directing, Casting & Ensemble are NOT included among the categories for voting in the first phase of voting – this is the nominating phase – they are default nominees for the final round of voting – that round will last 3 weeks immediately after this phase.
– Send your ballot to me (FreemanGriffin) via private message. To do so, hover your cursor over my name and select “send message’ from the drop down message.
– FYC’s are o.k. but DO NOT post your entire ballot in the thread.
– You will receive a private message acknowledging receipt of your ballot ASAP.
Younger Actor (25 and under during 2016)
Younger Actress (25 and under during 2016)
Lifetime Achievement (for a living individual – previous winners are ineligible: David Canary, Agnes Nixon, Helen Wagner, Eileen Fulton, Susan Lucci, Erika Slezak, and Robin Strasser and Elizabeth Hubbard)
Legacy Award (for a deceased individual – previous winners are ineligible: William J Bell, Beverlee McKinsey, Douglas Marland, Frances Reid, Helen Wagner, irna Phillips, Jeanne Cooper, John Ingle and Darlene Conley and David Canary)
The 2nd round of voting will commence on January 26 after the annoucement is made of our nominees and will last for 3 weeks (:
January 4, 2017 at 10:14 am #1201979451
- This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by FreemanGriffin.
Best Lead Actor:
Darin Brooks (Wyatt)
Scott Clifton (Liam)
Thorsten Kaye (Ridge)
John McCook (Eric)
John Aniston (Victor)
Billy Flynn (Chad)
Galen Gering (Rafe)
Vincent Irizarry (Deimos)
Stephen Nichols (Steve)
Maurice Benard (Sonny)
William deVry (Julian)
Roger Howarth (Franco)
Billy J Miller (Jason)
Peter Bergman (Jack)
Eric Braeden (Victor)
Justin Hartley (Adam)
Joshua Morrow (Nick)
Jason Thompson (Billy)
Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke)
Rena Sofer (Quinn)
Heather Tom (Katie)
Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy)
Kristian Alfonso (Hope)
Mary Beth Evans (Kayla)
Kate Mansi (Abigail)
Arianne Zucker (Nicole)
Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis)
Kelly Monaco (Sam)
Maura West (Ava)
Laura Wright (Carly)
Sharon Case (Sharon)
Melissa Clare Egan (Chelsea)
Melissa Ordway (Abby)
Gina Tognoni (Phyllis)January 4, 2017 at 10:27 am #1201979473
To clarify, it is possible for David Canary to win the Legacy award event though he won the other Honorary award?January 4, 2017 at 10:57 am #1201979496
To clarify, it is possible for David Canary to win the Legacy award event though he won the other Honorary award?
Yes. He won the Lifetime Achievement award and then last year he won the Legacy Award. A better example: Agnes Nixon has won the Lifetime Achievement award and is now eligible for the Legacy Award since she passed away in 2016.January 4, 2017 at 11:02 am #1201979503
Jane Elliot (GH)
Lexi Ainsworth (GH)
Ingo Rademacher & Jackie Zeman (GH)
Diedre Hall & Genie Francis
Agnes Nixon & Claire Labine
January 4, 2017 at 3:11 pm #1201979667
- This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by OLTLfan.
Exciting! Also worth noting that prenoms are scheduled to be announced on January 25, the day these ballots are due!January 4, 2017 at 4:13 pm #1201979707
I’m working on my ballot now! But I will wait a few days before sending it.January 5, 2017 at 8:31 am #1201980274
Kassie DePaivaJanuary 5, 2017 at 8:47 am #1201980295
This may have been discussed elsewhere, so forgive me of it has, but are we considering people like Anna Maria Horsford and Obba Babatunde as Guest/Limited for the Goldies? I know for the actual Emmys, they would have to go Supporting since they didn’t debut this year, but I know our rules are different, so just wanted to check so that they don’t split votes by being put in 2 different categories!January 5, 2017 at 8:50 am #1201980297
My own personal feeling about Anna Maria and Obba is it depends on how many air dates they had in 2016? I remember a few years ago when Lynn Herring won the Goldie in the category objecting to her win because I felt she aired too much to be considered… what do others think?January 5, 2017 at 9:10 am #1201980314
As far as episodes counts go, Anna and Obba appeared in only 21 episodes each for the entire year. To put that in context, Kate Linder appeared in 17, Peggy McCay appeared in 16, and both Lauralee Bell and Stacy Haiduk appeared in 21.January 5, 2017 at 9:18 am #1201980319
I felt the same way about Lynn Herring’s win, Freeman. There was a part of me that wanted to suggest we take suggestions on people who are borderline supporting/guest and come to a consensus, but that felt overly controlling and also, as robbalto pointed out, we don’t really get many responses on those threads and it would be just a few of us making the call.
As far as Horsford and Babatunde, it’s a pretty tough call. They don’t seem like guests, as their characters do live in the place where the show is set, and going by the first half of the year I would have just called them supporting. But they totally disappeared for the second half of the year. Then I also wouldn’t call them limited in the sense that when they did appear, they had a full story of their own, and weren’t characters who were mostly functional or in an episode for just a couple of minutes. How many appearances are too many to qualify here? On this show especially, characters disappear for huge expanses of time, sometimes months, but are still supporting or even lead. Linsey Godfrey’s been MIA for much of the second half of the year, and Heather Tom disappeared for quite a few weeks as well. So, I think I’d say Horsford and Babatunde should be supporting, based on having had a significant storyline over a period of several months. But I’m curious to see what others think.January 5, 2017 at 9:20 am #1201980321
Thanks, GHFan, that’s very helpful. Is there a place where we can get numbers like this for others?January 5, 2017 at 9:41 am #1201980331
Yes EmmyLoser! Soap Opera Network posts them every month.
The most recent ones are posted here – http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/forum/11-discuss-the-soaps/
And then the archives for past months and years are here – http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/forum/8-episode-count-archive/