February 10, 2013 at 12:46 pm #423649
It’s that time of year again! W/voting for the top 10 (except for the younger categories which only had nine entrants) commencing on the 6th, the results will be annouced 2/27. Here are the people up for consideration. Each actor is allowed to submit a 3 min. scene during this round and if they make the top 10, they have the option to change their episode. Each scene selection description is courtesy of Nelson Branco’s SoapsUncensored ebook.
Susan Flannery (ex-Stephanie, B&B)
- Outside of her goodbye party, Stephanie comforts Brooke, who wants to spend more time with the Forrester matriarch. Stephanie asks Brooke to lead the Forrester family and maintain peace after she passes away in a bittersweet scene.
Heather Tom (Katie, B&B)
- Katie announces to Bill and Brooke she’s leaving her marriage, new baby and life — and that she regrets ever getting pregnant.
Deidre Hall (Marlena, DAYS)
- Marlena and Will discuss his dating life at the Salem Pub.
Peggy McCay (Caroline, DAYS)
Finola Hughes (Anna, GH)
Kelly Monaco (Sam, GH)
Kelly Sullivan (Connie/Kate, GH)
Laura Wright (Carly, GH)
Kassie DePaiva (Blair, OLTL)
Sharon Case (Sharon, Y&R)
Jeanne Cooper (Katherine, Y&R)
Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki, Y&R)
- An overwhelmed and emotional Nikki visits the Newman Ranch for the first time since it was mysteriously engulfed in flames.
Michelle Stafford (Phyllis, Y&R)
- In front of a crowd at Crimson Lights, Phyllis freaks out on Christine after learning The Bug is suing her.
Don Diamont (Bill, B&B)
- Bill screams at Liam after his son, who dyed his hair, misses his wedding to Hope for a night out on the town with Steffy.
John McCook (Eric, B&B)
- Eric urges Stephanie to see treatment for her terminal cancer but she refuses.
Ron Moss (ex-Ridge, B&B)
- With the aid of flashbacks, Ridge recalls his love story with Caroline to Caroline 2.0.
Galen Gering (Rafe, DAYS)
- Rafe defends kissing Carrie; lashes out at Sami for having grief sex with EJ.
Joseph Mascolo (Stefano, DAYS)
- During their “last supper,” Stefano kicks Kate out after learning she slept with Ian and spits on her.
Maurice Benard (Sonny, GH)
Roger Howarth (Todd, GH)
Jason Thompson (Patrick, GH)
- Ghost Robin helps a bereft Patrick, who sheds a magnificent single tear, get ready for Robin’s funeral by tying his tie.
Peter Bergman (Jack, Y&R)
Doug Davidson (Paul, Y&R)
Christian LeBlanc (Michael, Y&R)
- In a conversation with Avery, Michael worries that Lauren is losing it when it comes to Daisy.
Michael Muhney (Adam, Y&R)
- A very pissed off and frustrated Adam maintains that he’s not obsessed with Sharon to his nagging wife, Chelsea.
Stephen Nichols (ex-Tucker, Y&R)
Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke, B&B)
Kristolyn Llyod (Dayzee, B&B)
- At the hospital, Dayzee begs Anthony not to press charges against Marcus for texting and driving; watches in horror as Marcus is arrested.
Judi Evans (Adrienne, DAYS)
- In a confrontation with Kate and Sami, Adrienne defends her opinion that Will is not good enough for her son, Sonny.
Lauren Koslow (Kate, DAYS)
Suzanne Rogers (Maggie, DAYS)
- Maggie confronts Victor about stealing her eggs, which resulted in Daniel’s birth.
Arianne Zucker (Nicole, DAYS)
Julie Marie Berman (Lulu, GH)
- Lulu asks Luke why he’s an absent father; Lulu can’t figure out why she doesn’t know who she is anymore despite the love from Dante.
Kassie DePaiva (ex-Blair, GH)
Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis, GH)
Carolyn Hennesy (Diane, GH)
Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth, GH)
Jen Lilley (ex-Maxie, GH)
Lisa LoCicero (Olivia, GH)
Robin Mattson (Heather, GH)
Judith Chapman (Gloria, Y&R)
- Gloria refuses to back up Tag and Grab for Kevin after Gloworm burns down.
Jessica Collins (Avery, Y&R)
- In a scene with her dying father, Avery realizes her Dad is a criminal.
Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea, Y&R)
Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe, Y&R)
- Chloe reassures Kevin that not all is lost after Tucker buys Tag and Grab for absolutely nothing.
Scott Clifton (Liam, B&B)
- Liam defines what a real man is to his father, Bill.
Sean Kanan (ex-Deacon, B&B)
- Deacon tells Katie the truth about Bill’s plot to break up Hope and Liam’s Italian wedding.
Jacob Young (Rick, B&B)
- Rick proves he’s a real man by walking the Forrester runway in high heels.
Blake Berris (Nick, DAYS)
- Nick learns Gabi isn’t carrying his baby; suspects it’s Chad’s.
Bryan Dattilo (Lucas, DAYS)
Shawn Christian (Daniel, DAYS)
James Reynolds (Abe, DAYS)
Greg Vaughan (Eric, DAYS)
Bradford Anderson (Spinelli, GH)
- Spinelli lectures Maxie about honesty and friendship; reveals he’s no longer her friend after the truth about Matt is exposed.
Brandon Barash (Johnny, GH)
Sean Kanan (AJ, GH)
Erik Valdez (ex-Trey, GH)
John J. York (Mac, GH)
- After having lost Robin and Maxie, Mac admits to Anna he doesn’t know who he is without his girls; admits he’s still pissed at Felicia for abandoning their family.
Dominic Zampronga (Dante, GH)
Robert Adamson (Noah, Y&R)
- Noah urges Adam to stay away from a mentally-unhinged Sharon.
Jeff Branson (ex-Ronan, Y&R)
- A drunk and desperate Ronan tries to seduce Phyllis, who declines. He blasts her for still being in love with Nick.
Billy Miller (Billy, Y&R)
Peter Porte (ex-Ricky, Y&R)
Greg Rikaart (Kevin, Y&R)
- Kevin flips out on Chelsea when Tag and Grab goes under.
Linsey Godfrey (Caroline, B&B)
Kim Matula (Hope, B&B)
Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy, B&B)
Camila Banus (Gabi, DAYS)
Kate Mansi (Abigail, DAYS)
Kristen Alderson (Starr, GH)
Lindsey Morgan (Kristina, GH)
Haley Pullos (Molly, GH)
Hunter King (Summer, Y&R)
Adam Gregory (Thomas, B&B)
Casey Deidrick (Chad, DAYS)
Chandler Massey (Will, DAYS)
Freddie Smith (Sonny, DAYS)
Chad Duell (Michael, GH)
Tequan Richmond (TJ, GH)
Max Ehrich (Fenmore, Y&R)
Bryton James (Devon, Y&R)
Daniel Polo (Jamie, Y&R)Boidiva02ParticipantJoinedMay 24th, 2011Total Topics173Posts3365February 10, 2013 at 10:17 pm #423652
According to Nelson Branco the only OLTL actress who submitted was Kassie DePaiva for Lead Actress. In other news, DePavia also submitted her name in Supporting for GH, for the episode when Blair has to tell Todd that Hope & Cole are dead. The Big OLTL surprise is that Erika Slezak did not submt her name, for a year she was considered a strong front-runner to win, with her strong episode featuring her memorable speech in the series second to last episode.
A BIG surprise Nelson mentions in his recent E-Book issue is that James Scott from DOOL has opted to NOT submit. You should consider going over to smashwords and buying his recent issue which contains the fully leaked list of contenders. Virtually nobody from OLTL submitted, except DePavia, which if you ask me looks desperate.February 10, 2013 at 11:24 pm #423653
That is so odd w/KDP going lead and supporting for two different shows. I thought she was phenomenal in that episode for GH, but it is still kind of “really?”.
There’s no contest in lead actor. Just like Tony Geary last year, Jason is heads and shoulders above his “competition” (it’s not a fair race lol). And speaking of mourning husbands, James Reynolds will wipe the floor w/his competition too if he gets in.February 11, 2013 at 7:04 am #423654
Interesting! As always, the pre-noms are full of surprises. I like Jason Thompson in lead, and yes, I think he’s got a great chance to win it. Good for him. I’m not at all surprised Roger Howarth entered for GH as lead. Kassie DePaiva going to supporting for GH does surprise me, but I guess why not, right? That is, after all, the academy’s prescribed course of action for guest stars, to enter in supporting. There you go. I’m suprised but not shocked James Scott didn’t submit. He doesn’t seem like he likes the whole Emmy game. Or maybe there’s a push to get Joe Mascolo a nomination? I’m surprised to see him in lead, but maybe that left like a less crowded category than supporting. I’m also surprised there weren’t more entries from OLTL, since the reboot could probably stand the publicity of potential Emmy nominations.Morgan HenardMemberJoinedMay 27th, 2011Total Topics44Posts1313February 11, 2013 at 11:09 am #423655
I downloaded Nelson Branco’s e-book of this, so I won’t spoil who all the prenoms are. What I will say is ROBiN MATTSON is in! Her submission is where Heather blackmails Todd from jail. Mattson’s biggest competition? A B&B vet who has decided to go Supporting and could easily win in a cakewalk. And couldv’e won in Lead.Morgan HenardMemberJoinedMay 27th, 2011Total Topics44Posts1313February 11, 2013 at 12:35 pm #423657
List updated! Will post more info later.The BC 2.0ParticipantJoinedNov 6th, 2010Total Topics7Posts186February 11, 2013 at 2:35 pm #423658
Doug Davidson missed the mark. He should have gone Supporting.
KKL Supporting? I was thinking that Flannery was the B&B vet.February 11, 2013 at 3:47 pm #423659
I like how I don’t even know who half those Y&R characters are.
This is disappointing because most of the people I was pulling for didn’t submit. It’s especially a bummer in the case Renee Jones, who was superb in her final storyline and really could have competed in supporting. I also thought Alison Sweeney had a winning episode, and a strong year, so I’m unpleasantly surprised to see her sitting out, especially since Deidre Hall and Peggy McKay don’t seem like competitors for those episodes they turned in. Ah well. Lauren Koslow, Suzanne Rogers and Arianne Zucker all submitted great episodes, but supporting actress is such a hard category. Judi Evans submitted one of the funniest scenes from last year, which Kate and Sami tag-teaming Adrienne in the town square. It’s not going to win her anything, but it sure was enjoyable.The BC 2.0ParticipantJoinedNov 6th, 2010Total Topics7Posts186February 11, 2013 at 7:58 pm #423661
Here’s Who I think will be the Top 10.
(*- Who I think will get in the Top 5, but I could be wrong)
Kanan (for GH)*
Note: If there were MORE than four soaps eligible, this would be a harder task to accomplish.February 11, 2013 at 9:24 pm #423662
Looking up these vids completely threw off my day lol (I know I am sad). Hopefully will have a complete list (that’s wishful thinking) before the top 10 are announced. But from the official clips and some guess-timation on my part, this is a strong race despite of the 4 soaps eligible.JakeParticipantJoinedJul 2nd, 2011Total Topics57Posts1942February 12, 2013 at 12:47 am #423663
KKL as Supporting? Yeah, right. Still, good luck, woman.February 12, 2013 at 7:29 am #423664
I do have to say, even though there are fewer eligible options than usual with only four soaps, the list does kind of show how great the acting on these shows have been lately, as many of these names do seem like strong potential competitors. It’ll be fun watching this play out. I also didn’t realize until last night that Melissa Reeves is also missing from the list, which is a shame because I thought she had some great stuff last year as well, with the election and then losing Jack and battling Nicole. Both she and Sweeney could have been competitive in lead actress and neither of them submitted.OLTLfanParticipantJoinedSep 26th, 2011Total Topics18Posts279February 12, 2013 at 9:39 am #423665
This is Jason Thompson’s reel. The video in the first post is actually two episodes clipped together. The reel’s short and there’s not a lot of dialogue, but he’s absolutely devastating in it. I hope it’s enough to get him the nomination he so richly deserves.
This is John J. York’s reel. I really hope Thompson, Hughes and York get nominated. They did such fantastic work during Robin’s “death” storyline.
There’s something wrong with the description for NLG’s reel. Kristina wasn’t even on the show when Molly got drunk. So did she submit an episode from Molly’s house party or from Kristina’s reality show? Hopefully neither and she submitted something from the toxic water storyline.