Home Forums Daytime TV Proposals for 2017 Goldies

Proposals for 2017 Goldies

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I propose a 3 week nominating period in January, followed by a 3 week voting period based on our nominees.

I propose we have ballots for Lead Actor, Lead Actress, Younger Actor and Actress. The first two categories with four pre-nominees from each category, and the latter two all eligible young actors/actresses.

These are the four I think ought to be in the Lead Actor category from each show (if you disagree, let’s discuss and come to agreement among ourselves!)

B&B: Darin Brooks, Scott Clifton, Thorsten Kaye and John McCook
    Days: John Aniston, Billy Flynn, Vincent Irizarry and Stephen Nichols
    GH: Maurice Benard, William deVry, Roger Howarth and Billy J Miller
    Y&R: Peter Bergman, Eric Braeden, Justin Hartley – or Jason Thompson – and Joshua Morrow

Lead Actress:

B&B: Rena Sofer, Heather Tom and Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (who should be the fourth? Linsey Godfrey? Katherine Kelly Lang? someone else?)
    Days: Kristian Alfonso, Mary Beth Evans, Kate Mansi and Arianne Zucker
    GH: Nancy Lee Grahn, Kelly Monaco, Maura West and Laura Wright (I was tempted to put Rebecca Budig in Lead?)
    Y&R: Sharon Case, Melissa Clare Egan, Melissa Ordway and Gina Tognoni

Looking forward to this year’s Goldies!

EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks for getting this conversation started, Freeman, and hopefully we’ll have a great awards this year!

The proposal of a three-week nominating and three-week voting period sounds good to me.

I also like the idea of creating ballots for lead and younger actress and actor. I think it makes sense to eliminate the possibility to lead/supporting performer vote splitting, and it definitely makes sense for all of us to agree on who is or is not eligible in the younger categories.

As far as your lists, I’d say one of the DAYS guys needs to be swapped out in favor of Billy Flynn. My first choice would be to dump John Aniston to supporting, but I would be fine bumping Stephen Nichols to supporting instead. Or even bumping both of them and promoting Eric Martsolf up to lead.

For the GH actors, I don’t think it was intended for the fourth to be Stephen Nichols. Should that maybe be Billy Miller?

For Y&R’s actors, I think it’s worth considering Jason Thompson in the lead category. In that case, I would probably bump Justin Hartley before any of the other three, mostly because he wasn’t on the show for the full year.

For B&B’s actresses, I’d definitely vote KKL be considered the other lead. The lists for DAYS and GH look about right.

For Y&R, I would tend to think MTS should be present over one of the two Melissas there.

What do you guys think?

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks, EmmyLoser, of course I meant Billy Flynn instead of Galen Gering. Personally, I was planning on voting for John Aniston for Lead Actor but if others all feel he is supporting I will go with the majority. My argument is that Victor has been on a great deal and had major storylines throughout the year.

If others feel that Katherine Kelly Lang belongs in lead that’s fine. Personally I think she’s been on too little but that’s been true of everyone except for Rena and Jacqueline in 2016!

My argument for Melody Thomas Scott for Supporting is that she hasn’t had any stories of her own in 2016; again, if others feel she belongs in lead, that’s fine. MCE is definitely LEAD – she has had major stories throughout 2016.

Justin Hartley or Jason Thompson; whichever others want is fine with me.

Yes, of course I meant Billy J Miller!

I will continue to edit the OP as we make decisions.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

here are the names I have for Younger Actor and Younger Actress; let me know if there are any additions – also: Nicholas Bechtel and Brooklyn Rae Silzer, should they be included? I can’t remember when Master Bechtel left the show?

Younger Actress:

B&B: Ashleigh Brewer (Ivy; she turned 26 in December), Fleisha Cooper (Sasha) and Reign Edwards (Nicole)
    Days: Camila Banus (Gabi; she turned 26 in June), Vivian Jovanni (Ciara), Olivia Rose Keegan (Claire) and Paige Searcey (Jade)
    GH: Lexi Ainsworth (Kristina), Hayley Erin (Kiki), Eden McCoy (Joslyn), Haley Pullos (Molly), and Brooklyn Rae Silzer (Emma)
    Y&R: Camryn Grimes (Mariah – turned 26 in January), Hunter King (Summer) and Alyvia Alyn Lind (Faith)

Younger Actor:

B&B: Rome Flynn (Zende), Pierson Fode (Thomas), and Anthony Turpel (RJ)
    Days: Christian Ganiere (Parker), Zak Henri (Henry), James Lastovic (Joey), Jonathon McClendon (Chase), Casey Moss (JJ) and Kyler Pettis (Theo)
    GH: Nicholas Bechtel (Spencer), Bryan Craig (Morgan), Michael Leone (Cameron), James Nigbor (Jake), Tequan Richmond (TJ) and Hudson West (Jake)
    Y&R: Jared Breeze (Max)

IDK the names of the kids who play Cane and Lily’s children on Y&R? Any others missing?

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I think we should include Camryn Grimes as well. She turned 26 in early January, but it was this year, so I think she should still be eligible. We should definitely include Jonathon McClendon (Chase) for DAYS, as well as Zak Henri (Henry, part of the Salem High crew who then had a mini-story with Paul) and if we’re being thorough, we could also include Christian Ganeire, who has played Parker this year. And just a spelling correction, the actor who plays Theo is Kyler Pettis.

I was also wondering about Devon Martinez, who played Shawn on Y&R. I’m not sure about her age, though, and also don’t know if we’d consider her more for this category or guest/limited. I think by the nature of playing kids a lot of the actors in the younger categories make sporadic appearances or have limited runs, so it makes sense to me to consider them here first, but I could go either way. I also couldn’t find an age for Mara McCaffray (Natalie).

As far as the leads discussed above, I’m fine with leaving MTS in supporting. I would argue that Jason Thompson’s Billy seems to have been leading story all year, more than Adam and maybe even a little more than Jack.

I personally think Galen Gering’s been more of a lead than John Aniston, but I’m happy to go with the majority on that one.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks, EmmyLoser, I added those names with the exception of the two women we dont’ quite know their ages…

Y&R truly does have 5 male leads but I get your point about Jason Thompson; for now, I am including both names until there is more feedback….

Galen Gering or John Aniston? I lean towards JA simply because I have seen him more as a lead since he has had so much interaction with so many other characters this year. But I will go along with wahtever others think on the matter!

ReplyCopy URL
    robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks Freeman for opening the discussion.

The voting window you proposed is very generous and should allow enough time for members to weigh their options.

I don’t think the lead actor and actress placement should be based on a set number but rather on who best fits in that category. Honestly, it doesn’t matter much to me. I have missed parts of Days and Y&R this year, so the two of you can probably make a better call on those shows.

The problem with the placement discussion is that, for the most part, only the three of us respond. But then voters do their own thing and votes are split. It would really help if others voters would make their voices heard.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re right, robbalto, this has basically been the three of us having this discussion all year. More feedback from the others who’ll be voting would be great.

I think the number limit on leads was my suggestion, as a way to bring a little more order to things and as a reaction to the ridiculous number of leads some soaps were submitting at the Emmys. Maybe it’s best considered as a guide rather than a hard rule (i.e., leaving both Jason Thompson and Justin Hartley as leads).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.