8 of the 10 pre-nominees have a realistic shot at getting a nomination imo. My favorite is the least showy of the actors, the most understated in his performances. Not sure if he can win, but he sure had some extraordinary scenes! It’s all going to depend on which reels they submit. Here are mine in order of preference:
1. FREDDIE SMITH, Days Of Our Lives (he ought to submit 2 back-to-back episodes: helping Gabi deliver Arianna, and his talk with dad Justin outside Will’s hospital room when Will was shot – both from May)
2. ERIC NELSEN, All My Children (the episode where he confronts his dad over drug use was truly outstanding – if there were a best newcomer category, he would be my choice! Hope he gets another role on another soap asap!)
3. CHANDLER MASSEY, Days Of Our Lives (episodes with Sonny from early in 2013 were truly outstanding, he was esp. touching in scenes with Marlena – some felt he didn’t perform as well later in 2013, but I think it was just a matter of his not being given much to do but he delivered nonetheless)
4. BRYAN CRAIG, General Hospital (the scene at the Metrocourt when Sonny snitched on him for lying to Kiki were explosive! He could win with this particular scene as his Emmy submission)
5. CASEY MOSS, Days Of Our Lives (sometimes I found J.J. irritating and a little one-note for my taste, but he still delivered – particularly when he learned that his dad wasn’t the paragon of virtue he thought he was)
6. DANIEL POLO, The Young and the Restless (I had forgotten that he was on Y&R for the first 2 months of 2013 – his suicide attempt scenes were riveting and harrowing – Y&R should rehire him, there is more story to tell)
7. CHAD DUELL, General Hospital (the confrontation scene on the dock between Michael and Morgan stands out for me. Also, the scenes where a drunken Michael seemingly has slept with Brenda were great too)
8. MAX EHRICH, The Young and the Restless (the Carmine storyline and the drug storyline could get him a nomination – honestly, not a favorite of mine, but he emoted quite a bit and sometimes quite effectively)
9. CORBIN BLEU, One Life To Live (honestly, it irritated me no end that Jeffrey was on almost every. single. day. during the online version. I didn’t care for his character; he’s a good actor but I didn’t enjoy Jeffrey at all)
10. ADAM GREGORY, The Bold and the Beautiful (I actually really like this actor but he wasn’t given anything to do in 2013. The show is obsessed with Liam unfortunately! Hoping they will give him a storyline in 2014!)
1. CASEY MOSS: My new favorite daytime actor.
2. BRYAN CRAIG
3. MAX EHRICH
4. FREDDIE SMITH
5. CHANDLER MASSEY
6. CORBIN BLEU – if he gets in it’s because of name recognition.
7. DANIEL POLO
8. ADAM GREGORY
9. ERIC NELSON: Who??
I predict Moss, Ehrich, Smith, Massey and Craig to be nominated.
I forgot Chad Duel. I’d put him above Adam Gregory and below Daniel Polo. Michael’s “attitude’ gets on my nerves and seems one note. Duel needs something more to play than worrying about everyone else and trying to be the next Jason Morgan. Yuck. I hated the first Jason Morgan.
1.) Casey Moss (DAYS)
2.) Freddie Smith (DAYS)
3.) Bryan Craig (GH)
4.) Eric Nelsen (AMC)
5.) Chandler Massey (DAYS)
6.) Daniel Polo (Y&R)
7.) Max Ehrich (Y&R)
8.) Corbin Bleu (OLTL)
9.) Chad Duell (GH)
10.) Adam Gregory (B&B)