1. CAMILA BANUS, Days Of Our Lives (In terms of acting, she’s been wonderful in 2013. The highlight for me was Gabi giving birth to Arianna; memorable scenes with Sonny, Nick, Will, Sami, Kate and Rafe)
2. DENYSE TONTZ, All My Children (a real find! The casting director of the online AMC did a fantastic job with the new actors, and esp. with Eric Nelsen and Denyse Tontz! Miranda dealt with her lesbian mom, her feelings for best friend A.J., and being a teenaged girl. I hope she finds work on another soap asap!)
3. KELLI MISSAL, One Life To Live (Dani’s overdose was harrowing, and her character was the only one who reacted at all to Victor’s being alive! She really grew as an actress during the online version)
4. KATE MANSI, Days Of Our Lives (Abigail grew up and KM did a terrific job acting her role. I esp. liked her quiet scenes with Chad in the hospital. She has improved immensely)
5. KIM MATULA, The Bold and the Beautiful (I never liked Hope until…Wyatt came along! She’s another actress who has improved immensely. I just wish they would keep her character away from “the waffler”!)
6. HUNTER KING, The Young and the Restless (scenes where she dealt with having a new biological father, and with losing her mother (for now). Also, the end of the bullying story at the beginning of 2013)
7. LINSET GODFREY, The Bold and the Beautiful
8. KRISTEN ALDERSON, General Hospital (I watched this actress grow up on OLTL. She won last year for playing Starr, and she would be wise to submit Starr only scenes from the first 2 months of 2013; Kiki has been truly disliked, and for good reason. She’s irritating.)
9. CHRISTEL KHALIL, The Young and the Restless (not a Lily fan. I find her dull)
10. ASHLYN PEARCE, The Bold and the Beautiful (she makes strange acting choices. Perhaps she will get better in time)
1. HUNTER KING: Probably the most put upon teenaged character in daytime this past year. She’s grown tremendously as an actress. Not my favorite character, but I give King props for making it work.
2. CAMILA BANUS: Most downplay her talent. I think she’s interesting to watch. Again, this is really the “little girl actress” category so most of them don’t have great range.
3. KELLI MISSAL: If anyone stands a chance at a nod from the online shows it’s her.
4. KRISTEN ALDERSON: She won last year. Likely she’ll make the cut again.
5. KATE MANSI: Still has a lot of growing to do.
6. KIM MATULA: Overdue.
7. CHRISTEL KHALIL: Isnt’ she like 30 now?
8. LINDSEY GODFREY
9. DENYSE TONTZ: Who??? Miranda was boring.
10. ASHLYN PEARCE
I predict King, Banus, Missal and Alderson will get the nods.
1.) Kelli Missal (OLTL)
2.) Camila Banus (DAYS)
3.) Hunter King (Y&R)
4.) Kate Mansi (DAYS)
5.) Denyse Tontz (AMC)
6.) Kim Matula (B&B)
7.) Lindsey Godfrey (B&B)
8.) Christel Khalil (Y&R)
9.) Kristen Alderson (GH)
10.) Ashlyn Pearce (B&B)