1. Days Of Our Lives – phenomenal, best year ever for this soap! Except for Dannifer, the show was GREAT!!! Totally deserves to win again (2 time winner: 1978 and 2012).
2. One Life To Live – disliked the umbrella story, hated Shelter, but… loved the vets, the “Man of the Year” event, the Vicky/Dorian feud… AMC was the better of the two online soaps eligible, but I still preferred this show to the two CBS shows. (OLTL won once, back for 2001).
3. The Young and the Restless – found it mostly boring in 2013 (and even more so this year), but the Delia story and Kay’s death were strong. The actors are solid; just nowhere near as good as Days. I believe Y&R has won 7 times for Drama Series?
4. The Bold and the Beautiful – this is my “eye candy” soap. Easy on the eyes, but soft on the brain. Don’t like Katie and Liam, who dominate the show’s stories much too much for me. The show won 3 years in a row (2009, 2010 and 2011).
Best Directing Team:
1. One Life To Live – all the shows are well-directed; I preferred the 3 shows that were not nominated in this category! (Days, GH and AMC).
2. The Young and the Restless – this show has won a whopping 14 times in this category!
3. The Bold and the Beautiful – always smoothly directed and nice to look at; but no emotional connection for me with the material.
Best Writing Team:
1. Days Of Our Lives – PHENOMENAL!!!! The best writing ever for this show in 2013! (exception: Dannifer). It won 2 years ago, hope it returns to the winner’s circle!
2. The Young and the Restless – the Delia story, of course… but it wasn’t conistently well-written all year long imo.
3. The Bold and the Beautiful – just don’t like the stories on this show… won last year in this category ):
Have to go with Days for show and writing, tho it worries me that Y&R could win based on what they (Likely) submitted.
Would hope DAYS would win writing, too.
Hopefully the writing branch of the Academy agrees with the WGA…if they do, then DAYS should win with their May 30th episode submission.
DAYS should win Drama Series with the two episodes that they submitted as well.