1. Jane Elliot, GH – HOORAY!!! So HAPPY!!!! Love her so much! I need for her to win! “The Whole Echalada” scene was my favorite (where she tells Luke she needs true love) – she even acted great during the inane relish storyline! This is her fourth nomination.l She won way back in 1981.
2. Kelly Sullivan, GH – why did they kill Connie off? She was terrific, esp. her scenes whe her son died – so emotional and well-done! The split personality thing worked wonders for Erika Slezak. I could tolerate Jane losing if she lost the Kelly S.! This is her first nomination. Hope she lands on another soap soon! (She would be a terrific Phyllis on Y&R)
3. Melissa Claire Egan, Y&R – now for the “trinity” (Chloe, Chelsea and Victoria). I don’t like them, that’s all. MCE is a terrific actress but I find Chelsea annoying. They all had Emmy bait scenes, particularly in the Delia storyline. I believe this is her 5th nomination? 2 for AMC and her 3rd for Y&R?
4. Elizabeth Hendrickson, Y&R – Delia’s death gave her Emmy bait material but I felt she over-acted it. Not a big Chloe fan. This is her second nomination.
5. Amelia Heinle, Y&R – I know many think she has improved as an actress, I just don’t see it. Don’t care for her character. (She bores me, lol!) This is her first nomination.
1. Jane Elliot
2. Liz Hendrickson
3. Melissa Clare Egan
4. Amelia Heinle
5. Kelly Sullivan
The wonder who is Ms. Jane Elliot for the win, tho wouldn’t be upset if Egan finally scored a win.
1. Jane Elliot
2. Melissa Clair Egan
3. Elizabeth Hendrickson
4. Kelly Sullivan
5. Amelia Heinle
This is going to be such a fun race once the submissions are confirmed. I’ve said before that I don’t care for Egan (at least not on Y&R, I loved her on AMC), but really this could be anyone’s game.
Melissa Claire Egan seems like a good sport. She is consistently nominated but never wins, so I would be fine with a win from her. But GH will probably take home another Supporting Actress trophy this year and Jane Elliot is such a class act, so her.
Without knowing what everyone submitted, it’s so difficult to say. Egan had a wealth of material to chose from beginning with the Conner paternity reveal to Conner’s eye problems to Delia’s death. There was so much from her in 2013 that she could pick. Heinle, I think, has more limited material that was strong in the wake of Delia’s death. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, to me, she was more believable in the early aftermath. But I doubt she will win. Hendrickson has a few strong tapes to pick from as well following Delia’s death. Some were heartbreaking – like her breakdown on the couch at the Chancellor mansion. I’ll never forget that one. Then again, Sullivan is a marvel, although I don’t see her prevailing.
Elliot should easily win if she submits the “whole enchilada” episode. She is a class act and I think the community has been clamoring to honor her for a while.