Home Forums Daytime TV the first 3 months of 2014

the first 3 months of 2014

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
babypook
alokin
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I often have a hard time remembering back to the first quarter of the year when the Daytime Emmys fever hits in January of each year. Just for fun, I thought I would share who I would nominate for their work so far in 2014!

One difficulty is that Billy Miller and Michael Muhney were terrific back in January before they each left Y&R – they were LEADS in their storyline, but had such few episodes – I still placed them in the Lead Actor category. Also, I have no idea who is still under 25, so I haven’t put Younger Actor/Actress on my list….

Lead Actress:
    Sharon Case, Y&R (her love for Nick, sightings of “ghost” Cassie, ECT – just marvelous!)
    Alison Sweeney, Days (E.J./Sami fight & make up scenes are so wonderful. Her scenes with Kate Mansi’s Abigail have been wonderful too)
    *Maura West, GH (scenes where Ava convinced A.J. he murdered Connie, and scenes where Ava convinced Carlos that she murdered Connie. She is SO delicious in her villainy!) (:
    Arianne Zucker, Days (scenes when Eric & Nicole were facing death tied up together, declaring their love for each other were particularly superb)

Supporting Actress:
    Leslie Charleson, GH (Monica loses yet another family member to tragedy. LC delivers powerful performances!)
    *Jane Elliot, GH (esp. love her scenes with Lulu, where Tracy has such a tender heart. Always, her scenes with Luke are special, and of course her chemistry during fights with Monica)
    Nancy Lee Grahn, GH (esp. the scene where she tells Molly that she and T.J. can have sex in the next room… her mad chemistry with Julian,
    Deidre Hall, Days (Marlena’s concern for Eric, trying to pull a fast one on Stefano, dealing with John, marrying Will & Sonny….)
    Lauren Koslow, Days (the great Kate has been wonderful in all her scenes with Sami lately, and her dinner date with Stefano was very entertaining too)
    Rena Sofer, B&B (menacing Aly, fighting with Pam, romancing Bill – Quinn for me is a breath of fresh air on this stale soap)

Lead Actor:
    Darin Brooks, B&B (what can I say? I love & adore Wyatt – he’s made B&B watchable for me. He’s the anti-waffler, and I love his romantic scenes with Hope)
    *Sean Kanan, GH (regardless of his feelings about his material, he consistently delivered top-notch acting performances. A.J.’s trying to remember what exactly happened the night Connie died kept me glued to my t.v. set)
    Billy Miller, Y&R (only on for a few weeks, but his confrontation scenes with Adam were sublime. I enjoy David Tom while missing BM tremendously)
    Michael Muhney, Y&R (ditto what I said about Billy Miller’s work. MM delivered consistently as far as acting is concerned)
    James Scott, Days (E.J. is trouble! Romancing Sami, romancing Abigail, putting out fires, such as dealing with Nick, keeping secrets…)

Supporting Actor:
    Ryan Carnes, GH (Lucas is back and he has wisely been paired (so far) with Brad. They have tremendous chemistry. Dealing with his mob father promises more wonderful work from this talented actor!)
    Chad Duell, GH (Michael agonizing over his decision in regards to A.J. Breaking up with Kiki (for now; wise move!), complicated relationships with Morgan and Sonny. Always solid!)
    Parry Shen, GH (I just plain love Brad! Great chemistry with RC’s Lucas. Always entertaining!)
    *Freddie Smith, Days (Sonny sure loves Will. Great scenes with Will, Adrienne, Justin, T, Victor and Gabi. Consistent, a good guy – I particularly loved the scene he had discussing his forthcoming marriage with Victor)
    Greg Vaughan, Days (great scenes with Nicole when they were tied up together by Dr. Chyka. Soul-searching scenes were excellent too)

Series:
    B&B (Wyatt & Quinn have brought me back to at least liking this show, which I’ve often regarded as an “eye candy” show: great sets, costumes, soapy trashy fun. Still, I miss Stephanie enormously, and can’t stand Katie & also the “waffler”)
    Days (been a little down on Days in 2014 – Kristen’s storylines carried the show to glory in 2013, but the WilSon wedding has been awesome! The cast is top-notch and the show is almost always entertaining)
    GH (despite the stupidity of killing of A.J., and all the cartoon characters, the cast enthralls me.)
    Y&R (solely for the Adam/Billy scenes. I find the show totally boring at the moment, without a single storyline I care about)

Well, that’s my take on the first 3 months of 2014! Let’s see how the next 3 months compares. Soaps have a tendency to catch on fire for awhile and then get boring again. Tune in tomorrow, right?

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

VARIETY DAILY

Daytime Soaps Enjoy a New Surge in Popularity

The soap bubble that was supposed to burst is still very much intact. A couple of years after “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” brought to five the number of daytime dramas axed by the netw…
    ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wonderful article! Thnx for posting this, Pook. It feels so good knowing that things on the horizon are looking very promising for all our daytime dramas. Let’s hope it stays that way for a long, long time to come!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: the first 3 months of 2014

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.