Home Forums Daytime TV top frontrunners for 2014 so far

top frontrunners for 2014 so far

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Paul Vargo
    Participant
    Topics:

Series:
    Frontrunner: Days (Nick/Gabi wedding fallout & Will Shot/Gabi gives brith)
    Spoiler: GH (50th anniverly episode/Final of the Nurse Ball)

Writing:
    Frontrunner: GH (50th Edisode)
    Spoiler: Days (Nick confress to Gabi, Marlena/Kristen showdown)

Lead Actor;
    Frontrunners: Tony Geary (Luke and Laura talk about the past), Maurice Benard (Sonny and Brenda’s goodbye at the airport)
    Roger Howarth (Todd and Carly say goodbye to each other.)
    Eric Braeden (Victor reacts to Adam getting shot)
    Christian Leblanc (Michael confronts his wife about her affiar)

Lead Actress: Ellien Davidson (Kristen vs. Marlena showdown)
    Heather Toms (when she finds out about Bill and Brooke)
    Laura Wright (Carly catches up with Bobbie)
    Michelle Stafford (Nick confess he is not Summers Father)

Supporting Actor
    Frontrunners:
    Blake Berris (Nick confession to Gabi)
    Bryan Dattilo (Lucas and Will talk about how Will going to be a father)
    Scott Cliffton (Liam finds out that the baby died)

Supporting Actress:
    Jane Elloit (Tracy tells Luke she will look for true love untill the day she dies)
    Genie Francis (Luke and Laura remember about their past)

gdfl
    Participant
    Topics:

Great list! I would add Arianne Zucker and Jane Elliot to Supporting, and would love if Tracey Bregman would submit too (she’s made the ballot successfully a few times,, but didn’t submit the year she got that doppelgänger storyline, in which I thought she was awesome in spite of the ridiculousness of it all).

ReplyCopy URL
    Paul Vargo
    Participant
    Topics:

thanks. I add Jane. My goal was to try to add people who had great reels to summit so far. I did went ahead and guess with Heather Toms that she will have great reels coming up in the next couple of weeks. I guess I can assume now that Zucker and Davidson are going to go at it that she will have great stuff in the second half of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Linda L. Tatum
    Topics:

All My Children and One Life To Live are Emmy eligible for 2014.

Darnell Williams – Jesse Hubbard (Cassandra kidnapping/Russian storyline) – Lead Actor

Saliesha Stowers – Cassandra Foster (Cassandra kidnapping storyline) – Either Supporting or Younger Actress

Debbi Morgan – Angela Hubbard (Cassandra Kidnapping storyline) – Lead Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling that the online soaps won’t be received as well. Maybe Debbi for IAMC, but that is it as of now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

Michelle Stafford seems like a decent bet right now.   I cannot imagine the cast of Y&R or B&B not giving her a final Emmy for her career.   The woman is BELOVED.

ReplyCopy URL
    Scoopster
    Participant
    Topics:

Michelle Stafford seems like a decent bet right now.   I cannot imagine the cast of Y&R or B&B not giving her a final Emmy for her career.   The woman is BELOVED.

if she is up against Eileen Davidson getting the total support from the bell soaps will be hard to do as Davidson is perhaps more regarded by those two soaps than stafford is…Davidson will absolutely draw votes from both bell soaps and have the entire days crew behind her as well, if she is nominated she will be the front runner for sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”Boidiva02″]Michelle Stafford seems like a decent bet right now.   I cannot imagine the cast of Y&R or B&B not giving her a final Emmy for her career.   The woman is BELOVED.

if she is up against Eileen Davidson getting the total support from the bell soaps will be hard to do as Davidson is perhaps more regarded by those two soaps than stafford is…Davidson will absolutely draw votes from both bell soaps and have the entire days crew behind her as well, if she is nominated she will be the front runner for sure.[/quote]

Isn’t it funny how we’re already thinking ahead to next year’s Emmys??!!! Goodness! I’m still having trouble letting the shock sink in from all the upsets at tonight’s Emmys!

Gosh, I really feel for Michelle Stafford and thought she had it in the bag this year. I guess the voters wanted to go for another record-breaking win with Tom. I can see why they chose to go that route — she is an incredibly talented actress no doubt and she did have the best reel — but we all know that storywise, when Katie finds out about all of Brooke’s lies in the foreseeable future, there will be even more great Emmy material for Tom to submit for next year. So in my mind, she’s definitely already a strong contender.

Well, we all kind of have this feeling if Stafford were to select a really strong reel like that of last week’s, for instance, the 6/12 episode where Nick comes clean to Phyllis about Summer’s paternity results (and plus we know there’s still great Emmy material coming in the next few weeks) then she most definitely has a chance at landing a nomination. But I don’t know if she’ll be able to pull off a win, considering that next year’s Lead Actress race will, and should deservedly so, be all about Eileen Davidson, Eileen Davidson, and Eileen Davidson (!)  THAT will be a tight race.

I just know if Davidson were to submit any of the absolutely stellar reels that were cited recently at the end of May/early June period, she could easily win it. The only problem, as gdfl already noted, will be finding that one perfect reel out of a whole week’s worth of really excellent reels that can best showcase to voters the true depth of her performance. Hopefully, and surely, we’ll still get more great material from her to work with but IMO it will be really up to the directing and editing to put together that really perfect reel for her. If DAYS is smart (because I feel this is the one category at which they have their best chances at a win) the directors and writers should work with that thought in mind. It might just bring Davidson her first Emmy and make history for DAYS again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Scoopster
    Participant
    Topics:

Hasn’t Eileen Davidson won before?

I thought she won at Y&R?

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

No, Eileen has never won an Emmy to my knowledge and in fact her loss in 1998 is among one of the most shocking in Daytime Emmy history.

Here is something that I’m curious about… When discussing the primetime Emmy’s we often speculate that when a nominee appears on their co-stars reels it can help them win, for example this theory has been mentioned as having helped Felicity Huffman win, but it seems to have not worked for Michelle Stafford, who has appeared on almost ever Y&R reel this year.   DO you think Stafford being on so many reels simply caused voters to turn away from her?  Or perhaps it had no effect since most voters do not judge every category?  Theories?

ReplyCopy URL
    MusicFan08
    Participant
    Topics:

Hasn’t Eileen Davidson won before?

I thought she won at Y&R?

Nope. She’s been nominated twice, though–both times for Lead Actress: in ’98 for DAYS and again in ’03 for Y&R. 

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, it’s my understanding that the voting panels were different for
    each categories, so despite working hard for the money on like six other
    Y&R reels, Michelle Stafford got no benefit from it because no one
    else from Y&R was nominated for lead actress. 

Doesn’t it
    seem insane that Eileen Davidson hasn’t won any Emmys?  And only even
    has two nominations!  I’ve seen her do such great work on both DAYS and
    Y&R. 

If things go the way people think they’re going, we
    should have some stronly competitive races next year.  Lead actress does
    already seem like a slugfest waiting to happen with Eileen Davidson,
    Michelle Stafford, probably Heather Tom and more than half the year to
    go.

After a look back through the citations thread, I do think,
    for DAYS, Eileen Davidson, Alison Sweeney, Blake Berris, Chandler Massey
    and Camila Banus all have reels that can stand up for a nomination if
    they submit well, and the show itself has about eight or nine potential
    series submissions already. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

Eileen Davidson not winning an Emmy is one of the great unsolved crimes we’ll never have the answer to…

ReplyCopy URL
    Matt McClamrock
    Participant
    Topics:

Laura Wright has done nothing this year to warrant Emmy attention, but she didn’t have anything for 2011 and was nominated. Next year, I’m pushing for Beth Maitland to win Best Actress for her 2 minute guest stints.  Why not?  

ReplyCopy URL
    gdfl
    Participant
    Topics:

^^  There was a lot of buzz around our boards for Laura Wright in 2010 (for the 2011 award) when Michael went to jail.  When the reels came out there was a lot more debate about who was deserving of the win, but her nomination was not surprising other than that she made the ballot for the first time.  The following year she chose a good reel to make the ballot, but took the option to switch after being nominated and went with one that didn’t seem to resonate with many around here.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.