Home Forums Daytime TV what they submitted for daytime Emmys 2016

what they submitted for daytime Emmys 2016

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

As we learn more of what each nominee submitted, we could put ’em here…

Kassie DePaiva (Days) submitted Paige’s funeral & talk with Eduardo afterwards

Finola Hughes (GH) submitted Duke’s death & admitting she shot Carlos to Andre

Maura West (GH) submitted Ava asking Silas to help her die & when she woke up with the flashbacks to what had transpired earlier with a bit of Denise in there…

Tyler Christopher (GH) submitted intense scenes when Spencer was burned and Nicholas was at the hospital

Linsey Godfrey (B&B) submitted telling Ridge about sex with Thomas

Melissa Reeves (Days) submitted the fierce confrontation scene where Jennifer slapped Eve over Eve’s sexual relationship with JJ

Jacob Young (B&B) submitted Maya’s telling Rick she’s transgender and the scene with the gun with Ridge (not sure how to explain it!)

Brooklyn Rae Silzer (GH) submitted Emma’s emotional outburst after Patrick & Sam told her they would not be getting married & Emma wanted to get in touch with Robin

Nicholas Bechtel (GH) submitted his birthday party scenes (before the fire or including the fire? Not sure…)

Bryan Craig (GH) submitted scene with Sonny about bipolar disorder & scene at cabin with Kiki when he has a bipolar episode

GH has submitted for one of it’s two Best Series episodes the 52nd anniversary episode mostly set in 1963

Hopefully we will learn more ASAP!

Paul Vargo
    Participant
    Topics:

wait, so they can summited two episodes this year?

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin22
    Participant
    Topics:

^new rules allow for 20 minutes worth of material edited from a maximum of two episodes for each performer

Pierson Fode (B&B) submitted Thomas’ punching grandpa Ridge during a confrontation

Reign Edwards (B&B) (surprisingly) submitted scenes between Nicole and her parents about Maya (I felt she should have submitted her confrontation and then makeup scenes with Maya, which imo was stronger material)

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Pierson Fode has a winning episode, so he submitted properly. It’s better than say Morgan and Sonny’s confrontation submissions the last two years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Paul Vargo
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok, thanks. I wonder if Jacob would be better off with just the Maya reveal.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jw79bull
    Participant
    Topics:

well since Maura didn’t submit when she was on trial, Kassie SHOULD win that damn emmy…

ReplyCopy URL
    Allan
    Participant
    Topics:

Hmm. Not thinking either Maura nor Kassie submitted their best material. Kassie should have submitted confrontation with Jenn or the day she found out Paige died to go along with one of the others. And definitely, Maura should have submitted the episode confronting Sonny at the trial. Leaning toward Finola now for the win.

ReplyCopy URL
    GHFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are some other
    submissions: 

Mary Beth Evans – Submitted
    the episode where she has to tell that he has a brain tumor and then wanted a
    lighter contrast so she submitted the scenes where her and Steve get stuck in
    the hospital supply closet.

Tracy Bregman – Submitted
    the scene where Michael asked Lauren for a divorce, and she says absolutely
    not, and then goes into a monologue that said, “You’re the one with your
    cancer… arrogant — but I’m the one who is dying inside and you did this to
    me.”

Obba Babatunde – submitted the
    wedding confrontation with Maya

Dee Wallace – submitted the 52nd
    anniversary

GH also submitted the 52
    Anniversary for Outstanding Writing     

I also put together a list of
    the episode air dates for the submissions we know so far, as I thought it might
    be easier for people to look up episode descriptions or find clips based on the
    date. 

Mary
    Beth Evans:  November 16 and December 1

Tracy
    Bregman:  May 18 is the closest I could
    find based on what she described

Kassie
    DePaiva:  September 21 and October 2

Finola
    Hughes:  November 23, and around May (she
    didn’t say which Duke’s death episode; I think the best one was May 11
    IMO) 

Tyler
    Christopher:  February 25 and/or 26

Melissa
    Reeves:  March 3

Linsey
    Godfrey:  October 2

Jacob
    Young:  January 26 and May 18

Reign
    Edwards:  July 10

Brooklyn
    Rae Silzer:  December 10

Bryan
    Craig:  Septemeber 2 and November 23

Nicholas
    Bechtel:  February 23

Pierson
    Fode:  October 1 (possibly September 30
    as well since BB can submit back to back eps)

Obba
    Babatunde:  8/11

Dee
    Wallace:  4/1

GH
    Writing and Series:  4/1

Now that we know all of the
    submissions for lead actress, it’s a really close race, but I’m still thinking
    that it’s probably between Kassie and Finola, but I will wait until I’m able to
    watch the reels again to make a final prediction!

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks for these updates, GHFan!  I think I said in one of the other threads that Mary Beth Evans’ most memorable performace was the one she submitted, so I’m glad she picked that one, and I like contrasting it with something lighter.  It was probably a breath of fresh air to get out of the gloom and doom of the other episodes for a little while.

Part of me is tempted to just find the episodes on youtube or somewhere, but since the submissions are edited versions of the episodes and may not be exactly what we expect, I’m going to wait and see if NATAS makes the reels available. 

ReplyCopy URL
    GHFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Kristoff St. John – Submitted
    the February 16th episode where Neil reveals on the plane to
    everyone that he can see and confronts Devon and Hilary about their
    affair.  His second episode was the May 3
    episode where a drunk Neil lashes out at Devon and tells him to go buy an expensive
    bottle of scotch, lock himself in a hotel room, and drink the whole thing. 

Hunter King – Submitted the
    exact scenes I thought she would, the March 5 episode at Austin’s funeral where
    Summer confronts Abby for having an affair with her husband. 

I hate to say it, but I think Hunter
    will probably repeat again this year. 
    This was definitely her strongest episode last year, and I think that it
    is actually stronger than both of her winning submissions.  Kristoff also submitted some of his best
    work.  All of the submissions so far are
    pretty spot on.  There are usually some
    botched submissions each year, but I think of all the ones we know, everyone
    has submitted their best or close to it!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin22
    Participant
    Topics:

We have to remember from last year that the best submissions don’t always win – most of us thought Hunter King and Freddie Smith submitted poorly & they both won. We just don’t know the biases of the panelists.

I’ve heard that panelists really loved Tyler’s submission…

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I’m not putting any stock in Hunter King possibly having the strongest submission.  I think the submissions are critical to the voting, of course, but history has shown that what we may perceive one way sometimes comes across differently to the voters.  The best shot we’d have of getting in the voter mindset would be to watch all of the pre-nominees’ submitted reels, as the voters would have, and then see if we can agree with or figure out why they collectively chose the top five who ended up as nominees.  We can’t really do that, but I’d at least like to watch the nominated reels together before trying to draw any conclusions.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Freddie Smith really didn’t have anything else to submit that year. It was obvious he was going to submit his argument with Gabi. 

I remember people thinking Bryan Craig’s over-the-top performance was going to beat Chandler Massey’s four-minute subtle performance.

I really hope Younger Actress goes elsewhere. If True O’Brien submitted part 1 and 2 to her confrontation with Eve and JJ, I would say she’s competitive for the trophy.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Steve Burton submittted scenes where Dylan broke up with Avery. All of his scenes were with Jessica Collins. They were actually good, but I still don’t think he should have been nomianted (nor win).

ReplyCopy URL
    Jw79bull
    Participant
    Topics:

Where the hell can I go to Watch “Days of our Lives” for free so I can see what Kassie submitted?!?!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.