1. FREDDIE SMITH (Sonny, Days). This is his last year eligible in this category, he turned 26 in 2014. I’m not sure what material from early 2014 he can submit? I love Sonny, love Freddie’s acting choices. If eligible, the WilSon wedding scenes and esp. the scenes right before the wedding were wonderfully romantic and exciting!
2. CASEY MOSS (J.J., Days). J.J. became mostly a nice guy in 2014 and dropped the bratty behavior of 2013. His romance with Paige, and his work with Eve were standouts in 2014.
3. BRYAN CRAIG (Morgan, GH). I suspect he will submit the confrontation with Sonny scenes, when he learned that Sonny had crypt sex with Ava. It could be enough for an Emmy win?
4. TEQUAN RICHMOND (T.J., GH). Great work during the sex with Molly story, and the revelation about his father’s death. Love his work with Vinessa Antoine and esp. Haley Pullos!
5. MAX EHRICH (Fenmore, Y&R). His scenes at the very beginning of the year, when Fenmore and Michael were in prison, are his standout scenes. Not a big fan of this actor, he’s solid, but nothing more for me.
6. TERRELL RANSOM, JR. (Theo, Days). He’s not on enough and doesn’t have any Emmy material imo. (I wish Nicolas Bechtel had submitted).
7. CONOR KALOPSIS (Chase, Days). WTH? He has no material to submit. It would be a crime if he were to nominated over any of the top 5 on my list!
8. MAX PAGE (Reed, Y&R). I watch Y&R every single day and I don’t even remember who Reed is? I vaguely remember some child actor showing up every once in a very blue moon… is that him? Again, I wish Nicolas Bechtel had submitted for Emmy recognition!