VOTE NOW! 2017 Derbyite Awards Winners

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
Roney Moore
Tyler The Awe..
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Go to the predictions center and vote today for the 2017 Derbyite Awards winners. We’ve got all 18 categories available for your top selections. You have until the end of March 18 to add or change your votes.

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

I have been here for nine years and just passed 10 000 posts on the new site (and had 4500 on the old one; never in Games)! For your consideration: Best Forums Debater & Best Forums Poster. Here are some others to consider:

Derbyite of the Year: eastwest
    If you want to have good predictions, be sure to check Ronnie Boadu’s. You cannot find someone who scores well so consistently, especially this year (#1 Globe nominations, #1 Emmy winners, #6 Daytime Emmy winners, #18 Tony winners, #3 Oscar nominations only because he did not take advantage of the system by using all of the Best Picture slots). eastwest has been here since 2006 and has even contributed a dozen articles. I also sometimes get a kick out of the language that he uses in his posts.

Derbyite of the Year: Amanda Spears
    What a great “year” for Amanda, who went from having the best name in the forums (“surpriselover”) to being one of the blog’s most valuable contributors. It started when she got a video interview after winning the NBR contest and OMG a girl! Since then, she has been a mainstay of the slugfests, providing reliability and a record number of eye-rolls in my direction. She is a prolific gallery composer and an insightful writer with a knack for spotting trends.

Lifetime Achievement: BenitoDelicias
    Benito has been here since 2002 and was a minor inspiration to me in that he once was thinking out loud in the forums and his comments caught the attention of Chris, who made an inquiry to the Emmys and a nomination was rescinded for Benito’s beloved Parks and Recreation. In all seriousness though, when I see that Benito has posted, I can always count on a substantial post of a good length with thoughts that are well thought out and articulated.

Funniest Derbyite: Sasha
    I appreciate the effort. Bonus points for how it is funny that she is listed twice in the predictions centre for this category.

Oscar Expert: Tariq Quan
    Following his predictions too closely is tricky because I often get the sense that he would rather be the one guy to call something than the guy with the highest accuracy, but that is demonstrative of how he is an original thinker. And hey, he did predict all three short winners this year. That he makes sure to watch all of the shorts and even consults us in the forum about various things also speak to how seriously he takes all of this. We need more pundits like him and less who get caught up in groupthink like Anne Thompson.

Emmy Expert: Paul Sheehan
    Paul’s predictions are a bit frustrating because they seem safe, but he ultimately has the last laugh because he usually beats us all (#1 Tony nominations, #8 Tony winners, #25 Emmy nominations, #36 Oscar nominations, #49 BAFTA winners). Through his decades of following awards and operating this place that we all love so much as second-in-command, Paul has mastered the art of predicting sensibly. He knows when the consensus is right to be the consensus and is savvy enough through his tracking of the guilds (the quote-unquote derby) and below-the-line nominations not to fall for flashy yet insubstantial narratives.

ReplyCopy URL
    Carl White
    Participant
    Topics:

10,000 posts. Wow. Are you a shut-in or have Internet access in prison?

Life is short, watch more movies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC: Me.

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC: breakthrough poster and best film reviewer: me!

ReplyCopy URL
    jasonface
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve probably fought with all of you on here already so return the favor and vote for me for Best Forums Debater before I’m forced to make “CONSIDER” posters of myself wearing a giant fur coat by an indoor swimming pool

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Benito has been here since 2002 and was a minor inspiration to me in that he once was thinking out loud in the forums and his comments caught the attention of Chris, who made an inquiry to the Emmys and a nomination was rescinded for Benito’s beloved Parks and Recreation. In all seriousness though, when I see that Benito has posted, I can always count on a substantial post of a good length with thoughts that are well thought out and articulated.

Wow Riley, thanks for that.

And well, yeah, I took part in that. I wanted season 2 of Parks to get about 100 nominations and ended up taking away the only other nomination it got besides Poehler. Can’t believe that was 7 (!) years ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jason Travis
    Participant
    Topics:

My first ever nomination !! And it’s the top award

– Derbyite of the Year.

I’m honored and humbled to be among such strong competition. Congrats to all.

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    13K Subscribers, 29 Million Views

FYC: Derbyite of the Year, 2017

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I have been here for nine years and just passed 10 000 posts on the new site (and had 4500 on the old one; never in Games)! For your consideration: Best Forums Debater & Best Forums Poster. Here are some others to consider:

Derbyite of the Year: eastwest
    If you want to have good predictions, be sure to check Ronnie Boadu’s. You cannot find someone who scores well so consistently, especially this year (#1 Globe nominations, #1 Emmy winners, #6 Daytime Emmy winners, #18 Tony winners, #3 Oscar nominations only because he did not take advantage of the system by using all of the Best Picture slots). eastwest has been here since 2006 and has even contributed a dozen articles. I also sometimes get a kick out of the language that he uses in his posts.

Derbyite of the Year: Amanda Spears
    What a great “year” for Amanda, who went from having the best name in the forums (“surpriselover”) to being one of the blog’s most valuable contributors. It started when she got a video interview after winning the NBR contest and OMG a girl! Since then, she has been a mainstay of the slugfests, providing reliability and a record number of eye-rolls in my direction. She is a prolific gallery composer and an insightful writer with a knack for spotting trends.

Funniest Derbyite: Sasha
    I appreciate the effort. Bonus points for how it is funny that she is listed twice in the predictions centre for this category.

Oscar Expert: Tariq Quan
    Following his predictions too closely is tricky because I often get the sense that he would rather be the one guy to call something than the guy with the highest accuracy, but that is demonstrative of how he is an original thinker. And hey, he did predict all three short winners this year. That he makes sure to watch all of the shorts and even consults us in the forum about various things also speak to how seriously he takes all of this. We need more pundits like him and less who get caught up in groupthink like Anne Thompson.

Emmy Expert: Paul Sheehan
    Paul’s predictions are a bit frustrating because they seem safe, but he ultimately has the last laugh because he usually beats us all (#1 Tony nominations, #8 Tony winners, #25 Emmy nominations, #36 Oscar nominations, #49 BAFTA winners). Through his decades of following awards and operating this place that we all love so much as second-in-command, Paul has mastered the art of predicting sensibly. He knows when the consensus is right to be the consensus and is savvy enough through his tracking of the guilds (the quote-unquote derby) and below-the-line nominations not to fall for flashy yet insubstantial narratives.

I was? Now I’m listed there only once. If I lose some heads are gonna roll for taking away my votes from that second listing.
    And thank you my sweet demondog for this lovely FYC. :*

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Vote me, babies. I’ve been here for about three years btw, nowhere near a newbie.

Oh and I’m voting for Amanda for Derbyite of the Year. I always found her so insightful and active lately throughout the year. She’s adorable and pretty and her hair is always LAIDT.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Now I’m listed there only once. If I lose some heads are gonna roll for taking away my votes from that second listing.

Even though you were listed twice, the predictions centre was smart enough not to allow you to be voted twice, i.e. when I voted for the first you, the second you was ineligible to occupy another slot, so your votes seem to be pooling.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Now I’m listed there only once. If I lose some heads are gonna roll for taking away my votes from that second listing.

Even though you were listed twice, the predictions centre was smart enough not to allow you to be voted twice, i.e. when I voted for the first you, the second you was ineligible to occupy another slot, so your votes seem to be pooling.

Good to know!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

FYC: ME!!!!

One reason y’all should vot for me in breakthrough poster is that I have more post than most people on the website even though I have been here for less than a year!

Please also vote for me for best forum poster!

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

I am up for two prizes – Breakthrough Poster and Film Reviewer. Vote for me in the former…but ETphonehome in the latter. 🙂

Also, Paul Sheehan for everything he’s nominated for.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow. Thanks to everyone who voted.

Still confused as to whether we should approach Bitchiest and Fanboy categories as Hall of Shame or as the fanboy and bitch we like most? I want to vote for Bee somewhere.

Though I gotta say, it kinda kills the suspense and campaign strategy when we can just click at someone’s profile and see who they’ve voted for lol

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Reply To: VOTE NOW! 2017 Derbyite Awards Winners

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.