Home Forums Games! Let’s Play Games! Goldderby’s Top 100 Films (Submissions close December 18!)

Goldderby’s Top 100 Films (Submissions close December 18!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Nutso
    Participant
    Topics:

So here’s another thing I’d like to try. I want to compile a list of the greatest films of all time based off votes by the Goldderby community.

What everyone will do is PM or post in this thread a list of their favorite movies, numbering anywhere from 1 to 100, ranked in order.

I’ll assign a point value to each film. Your top pick receives 100 points, your second gets 99, next gets, 98, etc. After an appointed period of time I’ll compile all the points received by films and rank them, and we’ll have a Goldderby Top 100 (or so) films.

While this may turn out being mostly PM based, please make use of the thread for discussion, if for no other reason than keeping this topic visible for others.

What films are eligible for entry? Basically, if it could receive a nomination at the Academy Awards, it is eligible for entry here. Feature films, shorts, documentary, foreign language films, anything of that sort.

TV films and miniseries are ineligible through these rules, naturally.

You have until December 18 to submit your list.

ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

Another very interesting idea! I do want to know if you want us to rank it based on what is our favourite, or what we think is the best. For example, I love watching Zoolander, and it’s probably among my favourite films, but I wouldn’t really say it’s one of the best films ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nutso
    Participant
    Topics:

I do want to know if you want us to rank it based on what is our favourite, or what we think is the best.

Either way. Probably personal favourites as a primary guide, but I tend to adjust my list slightly based off what I think is a better film.

for what it’s worth, Zoolander is on my list

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks, that clears it up! You’ll be getting my PM sometime tonight, once I can figure out my list. I have a running list already, but I think I’ll still need to think about it for a bit.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

sent mine (it’s very random i gotta warn ya lol)

ReplyCopy URL
    Nutso
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow, surprising turnout for this seeing the small amount of forum posts. We’ve already got 51 films with enough votes to qualify themselves.

A film is eligible once it gets two votes. All films with two or more votes are then ranked according to the total amount of points they got in the 1-100 point scale.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

How many ballots have you recieved?

ReplyCopy URL
    Nutso
    Participant
    Topics:

How many ballots have you recieved?

Six so far. I’m not sure how many ballots we should wait for before closing the survey. Or whether we should do it by a date.

I have to say, I’m surprised by many of the choices. In a good way. Lots of films getting much more appreciation than I’d thought they would.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nutso
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay, we need at least two more submissions of films to complete a top 100 list. More would be preferable, but that’s the minimum we could work with.

And remember, your list of submissions doesn’t need to be 100 films. Anywhere between 1 and 100 is acceptable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nutso
    Participant
    Topics:

bump. So close to completion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom
    Participant
    Topics:

sent mine (it’s very random i gotta warn ya lol)

Haha this is exactly how I felt when doing mine. Such a random selection of films. 

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”vinman422″]sent mine (it’s very random i gotta warn ya lol)

Haha this is exactly how I felt when doing mine. Such a random selection of films. [/quote]

What was on your list?   

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”Tom_Smith”][quote=”vinman422″]sent mine (it’s very random i gotta warn ya lol)

Haha this is exactly how I felt when doing mine. Such a random selection of films. [/quote]

What was on your list?   [/quote]

My list ranged from The Sound of Music to Beaches to Schindler’s List to Up to Django Unchained.  

Yours? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Nutso
    Participant
    Topics:

I think I’m so far the only one to include any Swedish films on my list.

Yeah, I’m one of “those” guys. Sorry.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”vinman422″][quote=”Tom_Smith”][quote=”vinman422″]sent mine (it’s very random i gotta warn ya lol)

What was on your list?   [/quote]

My list ranged from The Sound of Music to Beaches to Schindler’s List to Up to Django Unchained.  

Yours? [/quote]

Everything from The Wolf of wall street, rebel without a cause, the sound of music, singing in the rain, the jungle book, to argo  

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Goldderby’s Top 100 Films (Submissions close December 18!)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.