Home Forums Movies 2011 Goldderby Rankings- Final Results

2011 Goldderby Rankings- Final Results

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
pacinofan
Carbon Based ..
babypook
  • pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

In a little bit less than a half hour at 11AM Pacific time I will begins presenting the final results of the 2011 Goldderby Rankings. I will present both the bottom ten and top ten films of the year as well as the final Rankings for 2011. I will also name every movie that spent any time at all in a top ten list and give the Rankings of the major Oscar nominees.

pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

So it is time to begin the presentations of the final results for the 2011 Goldderby Rankings.

These Rankings are based on the grades sent in my Goldderby members for the various films of 2011.

I thank everyone who decided to take part this year. I believe we ended up with some very interesting results and even some last minute surprises so this last week of voting was vital.

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I will begin my naming the Worst Ten films of 2011 based on you votes.

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The 10th Worst Film of 2011 based on your votes is a black comedy with a major star in the lead and two very famous male costars in support. Despite that you gave it a grade of just 2.344.

The 10th Worst film of the year is….

Bad Teacher

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The 9th Worst Film of 2011 made a lot of money but that does not mean you guys liked it as it only got a score of 2.343… though it is a sequel to a film that I believe was named worst film of the year in these polls.

The 9th Worst film of 2011 is…

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

At position #8 on the list of the year’s worst we have a tie between two sci-fi films though one is a dystopian thriller set in the future and the other is horror film about fighting a killer alien in Antarctica.

With a lousy grade of 2.25 the two films named the 8th worst of the year are…

In Time

And

THE THING

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

At position #7 on the list of the Worst films of 2011 we have another sequel that also made a lot of money but apparently not many fans as it only received the sorry grade of 2.188.

The 7th Worst Film of 2011 is…

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

In the #6 position amongst the Worst Film of 2011 we have a film that just squeezed in at the last minute with just five viewers. Still, the handful of viewers of this dirty-minded romantic comedy were not too happy with the results as it only received a grade of 2.15.

The 6th Worst film of 2011 according to the Goldderby members is…

What’s your Number

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Now we get to the worst of the worst- The Top Five Worst Films of 2011!

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

At #5 we have a sci-fi action film that just barely squeaked into C- territory with a grade of 2.125.

The 5th Worst Film of 2011 according to Goldderby Voters is…

Battle: Los Angeles

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The films get even worse as the rest of the list is made up of films that have averages of less than 2.0. We are in D and F territory now people.

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

At #4 on the list of the Worst Films of 2011 we have an oddball tie between two horrendous super hero movies with similar titles. They share a grade of 1.75.

The two films named the 4th Worst of 2011 are…

The Green Hornet

AND

Green Lantern

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The movie at #3 on the list of the year’s worst films is an actor that often appears in films that get lousy reviews… though they often make a lot of money. He made a film that was likely even worse than this one, hard as that may be to believe, but all you sensible Derbyites refused to see it. At least five of us, including me, did see this piece of garbage which featured a famous costar and an Oscar winner in a small role (guess she needed the money).

The 3rd Worst Film of 2011 is the lousy Adama Sandler comedy…

Just Go With It

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Your choice as the second worst film of the year is directed by a film-maker who has at least one giant blockbuster on her resume though it probably has few fans opn this website. This film was little seen and deservedly so (unfortunately I saw it). A werewolf film that was not scary, despite the young cast not sexy and the acting seemed like it came from a middle school play… though the film has at least one Oscar winner and one newly minted Oscar nominee in it.

The #2 Worst Film of 2011 is Catherine Hardwicke’s embarrassing werewolm film…

Red Riding Hood

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

And now for the absolute worst.

Your choice as the worst film, or in this case films, of the year!!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
Reply To: 2011 Goldderby Rankings- Final Results

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.