Home Forums Movies 2012 in Film

2012 in Film

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

There have been many memorable moments in film this year. What are some of yours?

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Watching Cloud Atlas. Combine that with Avatar, and there are my personal spiritual beliefs.

The Intouchables. I absolutely love this film, in every way.

Bernie; hurray for Jack; loved seeing Ms MacLaine as well. Plus, Matthew, who has very slowly won me over these past couple of years.

Beasts of the Southern Wild; a very special film for me, featuring a very special tiny little girl.

The Secret World of Arrietty; my favorite animated film of the year. Looking forward to From Up on Poppy Hill

Skyfall; the genius of Roger Deakins, and a kick-ass Daniel.

Flight; the performance from Denzel. Love his work here. He made the film worth watching, for me.

Other memorable things about 2012?

There are at least five contenders/films that, I dont want to see, They converged on me this year.
    Fanboyism of ZD30, another memory which I can lump with ANOTHER film lauded on these boards and elsewhere until I want to PUKE.

That’s it for now snowden, but I know I’m forgetting a few,

ReplyCopy URL
    AroundU
    Topics:

Moonrise Kingdom becoming an all time fave.

Jennifer Lawrence in SLP, i loved THG too!

I thought Looper was fantastic, definitely one of 2012s best.

More will come to me…

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes to both Looper and MRK!

Moonrise has an ambience I love, with great perfs and a great screenplay. And Looper, an intelligent Sci-fi with an intelligent screenplay that ties up the time paradox better than most anything I’ve seen…or read, for that matter. It’s like this years “Drive” to me. Kudos to Rian Johnson and his cast and crew.

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I will divide up some of my favorite sequences of 2012 by film:

1) “Skyfall”

The opening action sequence including motorcycles, a train, a bulldozer and James Bond falling from a bridge. Now that s how you start a damn movie!

James Bond stalking an assassin in glass office building.

The final shootout at an isolated castle.

2) “Moonrise Kingdom”

Two children in love dancing on the beach to French rock music.

The girl telling the boy how romantic it must be to be an orphan and him saying something along the lines of “I love you but you do not know what you’re talking about”.

3) “The Master”

Joaquin Phoenix being told to repeatedly touch a wall and describe without using the same description twice and doing this activity over and over and over again.

Joaquin Phoenix flipping out in a jail call and totally destroying it… mostly with his head.

4) “Silver Linings Playbook”

The very awkward and abrupt dinner where Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence get acquainted and leave together despite shocking and innapropriate behavior from both of them.

5) “Lincoln”

The passage of the 13th Amendment.

Tommy Lee Jones explaining why people are just no damn good right to their very core.

6) “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”

I loved it any time they performed scenes from “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” and that Ezra Miller made one helluva Dr. Frankenfurter.

Speaking of Ezra Miller- He is so good in the movie he makes the somewhat stock part as the sarcastic gay friend seem new again.

Will think of more and still have yet to see “Zero Dark Thirty”, “Amour” and “Les Miserables” amongst others.

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

I’m soooo behind on movies with Finals and stuff, but here we go:

The Dark Knight Rises:
    – The opening scene was awesome.
    – In the first scene when Bruce Wayne finds out the maid looking through his stuff, her transformation to Selina Kyle was so fluid. That was the moment I knew Hathaway was going to kick-ass in this role. 
    – The final sequence. Need to watch it for yourself.
    – I loved the wallstreet scenes. 

The Master:
    – Amy Adams milking it.  
    – Various shots of Jaoquin Phoneix on the boat, high on whatever he’s concocted. They’re incredible. 
    – The whole motorcycle scene was beautiful. 

Lincoln:
    – His final walk down the hall.
    – DDL delivering the line “You WILL procure me those votes.”
    – Sally Field freaking out because her character’s crazy.
    – Any scenes with Tommy Lee Jones
    – Shots of the battlefield and that one scene when Lincoln rides around the dead soldiers.

Hope Springs:
    – Meryl’s big, dramatic crying scene as she pranced out of the therapy. Her character was annoyingly submissive, but Meryl played it well. 
    – Tommy Lee Jones’ constant nagging

Ted :
    …..I’ll get back to this one. 

Brave: 
    ……I’ll get back to this one. 

Magic Mike:
    – the wang was quite err…surprising. 

Prometheus: 
    – Michael Fassbender 

The Cabin in the Woods:
    – When they let all the monsters out . That was satisfying. 

Will be watching Beasts of Southern Wild, Moonrise Kingdom, Argo, Silver Linings, Looper, Life of Pi, Les Miz, Django Unchained, and Skyfall over the break. I’m so behing >.< 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.