Home Forums Movies 2012 Oscars NOT moving earlier

2012 Oscars NOT moving earlier

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Scottferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Date announced, last Sunday in February (the usual except when opposite Winter Olympics), which is 2/24 next year.

Nominations will be 1/15.

I do think they’d like to move earlier by a few weeks, but there are still too many unresolved issues. They likely want to test at least one year of on-line voting option to see how many members utilize this.   

Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

My first Oscars were in late March, so I’ve always liked that. Moving it up would be OK, but I think the other groups would go a little earlier as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Scottferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, as expected, they will take place at the Hollywood & Highland Center (whatever the auditorium ends up being renamed).

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s a write-up from THE WRAP

Academy Sets Date for Next Year’s Oscars

Published: March 14, 2012 @ 10:28 am

By Lucas Shaw

The 85th Academy Awards will air on Sunday, Feb. 24th, the Academy announced on Wednesday.

Nominations will be announced on Jan. 15, and the show will once again reside at the Hollywood and Highland Center — though Kodak’s name is now off the theater.

There have long been rumors the Academy would move up the show’s date, and an AMPAS committee has been studying the feasibility of such a move. But 2013’s telecast will take place on the last Sunday in February, just as the show has in most recent years. 

The Oscars will introduce online voting for the first time this year, which some thought would clear the way for an earlier show date.

Also Read: The Oscars Go Digital — Finally — With Online Voting

The nominations announcement has been moved earlier in the calendar from its usual late-January date. Nominations for the 84th Oscars were announced on Jan. 24.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.