Home Forums Movies 2014 Razzie Snubs

2014 Razzie Snubs

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Ken Bendor
    Topics:

Once again, Razzie guru John B. Wilson has overlooked many awful films and performances to push an agenda of his (this year, The Interview, because he’s a Kim Jong Un supporter, I guess)- this time crap like Amazing Spider-man 2, Men Women and Children, Ride Along, That Awkward Moment, And So It Goes, Exodus: Gods and Kings, Horrible Bosses 2, and the Hobbit finale were left off or underrepresented from the 2014 ballot…

Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s Be Cops needed to be more of a contender. What an awful piece of shit that was. The last Hobbit film should be up for worst Remake/Sequel/Prequel or what ever they call it not Noah.

ReplyCopy URL
    Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

Blended wasn’t represented well enough where other than Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, didn’t get mentions for Worst Picture, Director, Screenplay and Screen Combo for Barrymore and Sandler.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. What a mess.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ken Bendor
    Topics:

Most Egregious Worst Picture Snubs (all of them MUCH worse than The Interview, unless you’re pro-Kim Jong-un)- 3 Days To Kill, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, And So It Goes, Annie, Blended, Exodus: Gods and Kings, The Expendables 3, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Horrible Bosses 2, Let’s Be Cops, Men Women and Children, Pompeii, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Tammy, Third Person, Winter’s Tale

ReplyCopy URL
    Ken Bendor
    Topics:

Most Heinous Razzie Snubs for Worst Sense of Direction- Sean Anders (Horrible Bosses 2), Paul W. S. Anderson (Pompeii), Frank Coraci (Blended), Dinesh D’Souza & John Sullivan (America: Imagine the World Without Her), Ben Falcone (Tammy), Paul Haggis (Third Person), Will Gluck (Annie), Peter Jackson (Hobbit “Finale”), Akiva Goldsman (Winter’s Tale), McG (3 Days To Kill), Tyler Perry (Single Moms Club), Rob Reiner (And So It Goes), Jason Reitman (Men Women and Children), Ridley Scott (Exodus: All White People)

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

God’s Not Dead. If you are going to go after an awful faith movie that’s the movie that should be getting your attention not the critically praised Noah. God’s Not Dead is not only and awful movie, it’s an offensive portrait of atheist as if they are all monsters on the prowl to end Christianity. As a Christian and a friend of atheists, that is not their goal in life. In fact I have never met an atheist that has scoffed at the idea of me being a Christian like the characters portrayed in this movie. I think God is offended his name is even attached to this spiteful ill intentioned movie. 

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Most Heinous Razzie Snubs for Worst Sense of Direction- Sean Anders (Horrible Bosses 2), Paul W. S. Anderson (Pompeii), Frank Coraci (Blended), Dinesh D’Souza & John Sullivan (America: Imagine the World Without Her), Ben Falcone (Tammy), Paul Haggis (Third Person), Will Gluck (Annie), Peter Jackson (Hobbit “Finale”), Akiva Goldsman (Winter’s Tale), McG (3 Days To Kill), Tyler Perry (Single Moms Club), Rob Reiner (And So It Goes), Jason Reitman (Men Women and Children), Ridley Scott (Exodus: All White People)

I dont have much objection to your mentions. Some of those films are hilarious, but not in a good way.

Btw I really like 3 Days to Kill. Love that movie, and own it. Pompeii is hilarious, but has some great VX.

I cant think of anything good to say about the other mentions.

John Wilson doesnt “choose” these picks btw, although I have accused him of stacking the ballots, and of sheep-leading bias. He told me that, since there are SO many films etc to choose from, that they do often single out one film, pitch it, and then hope for the desired outcome.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ken Bendor
    Topics:

John Wilson doesnt “choose” these picks btw, although I have accused him of stacking the ballots, and of sheep-leading bias. He told me that, since there are SO many films etc to choose from, that they do often single out one film, pitch it, and then hope for the desired outcome.

That may be so, but there’s no excuse for having only 10-12 choices (at most) per category (esp. given what he charges for membership), particularly when he wastes one on The Interview for Worst Picture, and two from that movie for its Lead Actors (even more so considering they likely won’t even be nominated when all is said and done), when there are far worse acting perfs to choose from (coming by this weekend, BTW); talk about “Worst Ripoff”… 

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”babypook”] John Wilson doesnt “choose” these picks btw, although I have accused him of stacking the ballots, and of sheep-leading bias. He told me that, since there are SO many films etc to choose from, that they do often single out one film, pitch it, and then hope for the desired outcome.

That may be so, but there’s no excuse for having only 10-12 choices (at most) per category (esp. given what he charges for membership), particularly when he wastes one on The Interview for Worst Picture, and two from that movie for its Lead Actors (even more so considering they likely won’t even be nominated when all is said and done), when there are far worse acting perfs to choose from (coming by this weekend, BTW); talk about “Worst Ripoff”… [/quote]

I’d write and tell him how I feel about this. It’s a process of elimination but it IS slanted (like most things).

Have you ever used the “write-in” feature to select your own nominees/winners? Yes sometimes it can feel like you’re “wasting” your vote, but personally, I find that it feels really gooood…..

ReplyCopy URL
    Ken Bendor
    Topics:

Most Obvious Razzie Snubs for Worst Performance by a Leading Actor- Kevin Costner (3 Days to Kill/Draft Day), Colin Farrell (Winter’s Tale), Kit Harrington (Pompeii), Kevin Hart (Ride Along), Theo James (DIvergent), Joel Kinnaman (RoboCop), Sylvester Stallone (The Expendables 3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Godzilla), Mark Wahlberg (Trans4mers/The Gambler)

ReplyCopy URL
    Ken Bendor
    Topics:

Most Inexcusable Razzie Snubs for Worst Performance by a Leading Actress- Emily Browning (Pompeii), Jessica Brown Findlay (Winter’s Tale), Katie Holmes (Miss Manners), Diane Keaton (And So It Goes), Leslie Mann (The Other Woman), Michelle Monaghan (The Best of Me), Shailene Woodley (White Bird in a Blizzard)

ReplyCopy URL
    Ken Bendor
    Topics:

Most Baffling Razzie Snubs for Worst Performance by a Supporting Actor- Dan Aykroyd (Get on Up/Tammy), Jai Courtney (Divergent/I, Frankenstein), Dane DeHaan (Sony-Man 2), Johnny Depp (Tusk), Jerry Ferrera (Think Like a Man Too), Jamie Foxx (Annie/Horrible Bosses 2/Sony-Man 2), Ryan Gage (The Hobbit: The Battle to Stretch an Idea Thin), Seth Green (The Identical), Rob Reiner (And So It Goes), Will Smith (Winter’s Tale), Kevin Sorbo (God’s Not Dead), Stanley Tucci (Trans4mers), John Tuturro (Exodus: All White People)

ReplyCopy URL
    Ken Bendor
    Topics:

Most Puzzling Razzie Snubs for Worst Performance by a Supporting Actress- Essence Atkins (A Haunted House 2), Jennifer Garner (Man, Women, and Children), Amber Heard (3 Days to Kill), Katie Holmes (The Giver), Nicki Minaj (The Other Woman), Imogen Poots (Need For Speed/That Awkward Moment), Lea Thompson (Left Behind), Lin Shaye (Ouija), Naomi Watts (St. Vincent), Nicki Whelan (Left Behind)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: 2014 Razzie Snubs

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.