Home Forums Movies 2014 SAG Awards Predictions & Comments

2014 SAG Awards Predictions & Comments

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Marcus Snowde..
24Emmy
Manuel Colon
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The 2014 SAG Awards predictions center is now open for the five film categories.

Make your predictions there right away so all the odds can be set.

Discuss your predictions and these races here.

24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Ensemble

* Birdman

Boyhood

Foxcatcher

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Into the Woods

I should drop The Grand Budapest Hotel for Unbroken (have it winning Best Picture at the moment), but the latter’s cast doesn’t really stand out.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I would look out for This is Where I Leave You which has stars galore with Jason Bateman, Tina Fey, Jane Fonda, Connie Britton, Adam Driver. It could be the Bridesmaids wild card comedy ensemble but I am also not saying it is a lock. We shall see when it comes out in a few weeks how it will do. Into the Woods, Grand Budapest, Foxcathcer, and Inherant Vice are also in that boat. I don’t know if Boyhood will be embraced as an ensemble since really Arquette is really the only stand out in the movie. Birdman could be there, Instellar, Gone Girl, Men Women and Children, and A Most Violent Year are also in play here. 

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

I would look out for This is Where I Leave You which has stars galore with Jason Bateman, Tina Fey, Jane Fonda, Connie Britton, Adam Driver. It could be the Bridesmaids wild card comedy ensemble but I am also not saying it is a lock. We shall see when it comes out in a few weeks how it will do.

Good call. It depends on the reviews. Maybe even Jane Fonda will be nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

When I first saw the pictures for this movie in Entertainment Weekly I just told myself this has SAG written all over it but then a few more movies started to pop up that look like heavy competition 

ReplyCopy URL
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

Birdman
    Fury
    Interstellar
    Into the Woods
    Selma

Birdman and Selma seem like the most solid bets, on paper. I’m guessing they’ll opt to just nominate the three main Foxcatcher actors separately. Interstellar has such a big cast of famous names and the movie itself will probably dominate the movie conversation around campaign time. I’m not necessarily expecting Fury or Into the Woods to make a dent in the Oscar race (maybe Into the Woods will get in the way of something like War Horse or Les Mis), but with the timetable lately SAG seems to have less overlap because they can’t screen everything to them in time.  

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t compare War Horse to Les Mis, Les Mis was nominated for Best Ensemble, Actor, and Supporting Actress at SAG while War Horse had 0 acting nominations anywhere really. I do think Fury is one to look out for and Selma is another one that could strike big 

ReplyCopy URL
    JB
    Participant
    Topics:

My current predictions for SAG ensemble.

Birdman
    Foxcatcher
    Inherent Vice 
    Into the Woods
    Selma

~ next in line:
    Interstellar 
    Fury
    Boyhood
    Gone Girl

And sorry, The Grant Budapest Hotel is NOT gonna happen in any SAG category. I guarantee it! 

ReplyCopy URL
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

The parenthetical note was referring to the larger Oscar/BP race. Usually SAG nominates a movie like The Butler, Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, or Bridesmaids in recent years for the Ensemble category, so I was just noting that I think Fury or Into the Woods can be like those — or, alternatively, they can end up being Oscar nominated in a way that felt similarly filler/default to the examples I brought up (I know Les Mis won 3 Oscars but it wasn’t really a factor for the top prize). That is, to justify why I specifically could predict those for the SAGs without predicting a lot of Oscar success for them.

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Birdman
    Boyhood
    Into the woods
    Selma
    Unbroken

Yawn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Birdman
    The Imitation Game
    Into the Woods
    Selma
    Foxcatcher…. I guess 

ReplyCopy URL
    Stardust
    Participant
    Topics:

Actors are going to love Birdman. Politics aside, I don’t see how it loses their ensemble award. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

Inherent Vice has Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Martin Short, Josh Brolin, Owen Wilson, Benicio Del Toro, Jena Malone, Maya Rudolph, Michael K. Williams and at least another dozen or so. It is the epitome of the word ENSEMBLE. Reviews even praised the ensemble particularly. I think its in it for the win (ala American Hustle/The Help)

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

What reviews? Lol. I’m predicting Inherent Vice for a nom, but I’m wary it could go the way of Magnolia, which had the largest and best ensemble but lost to a smaller, and still very good, ensemble (American Beauty) simply because it was the more popular movie at the time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stardust
    Participant
    Topics:

Assuming Inherent Vice is well-received and resonates with actors/hollywood, it’ll be competitive. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
Reply To: 2014 SAG Awards Predictions & Comments

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.