Home Forums Movies 2015 Best Film Editing (Academy Award category)

2015 Best Film Editing (Academy Award category)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I am predicting that Creed will win this year’s Oscar for Best Film Editing. Of course, I can’t do so in the predictions center here on Gold Derby since it still isn’t included in the odds! Creed is missing from several different categories in which it has a good chance of being nominated. (Cinematography, Score, Original Screenplay, and Director; I am predicting the first two, and feel it has a chance in the latter two).

At the moment, I am predicting the following five films for Best Film Editing:

Bridge Of Spies
    *Creed
    The Martian
    The Revenant
    Spotlight

All-Seeing Eye
    Participant
    Topics:

Mad Max is definitely in. Genre bias is less prevalent in this field (Dragon Tattoo’s win). It also has the most editing a la Whiplash.

ReplyCopy URL
    All-Seeing Eye
    Participant
    Topics:

Mad Max is definitely in. Genre bias is less prevalent in this field (Dragon Tattoo’s win). It also has the most editing a la Whiplash.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Gawd, I hope they don’t nominate Mad Max Fury Road ): My least favorite movie of the year. I’m not as convinced it will get in this category. They often go for BP nominees here and I don’t think (it would be insulting to the great films it would bump) MMFR will get in to BP. I’ve acknowledged that MMFR is going to get six undeserved nominations but this isn’t one of them. (To be honest, I walked out on MMFR at the half way point. It was pointless to continue. The only other movie I walked out on was Sicario with about 20 minutes left. I found I didn’t care what happens next and couldn’t care less about any of the characters).

Creed has the BEST editing. I don’t think “the most” has anything to do with it. Those boxing sequences were extraordinarily well edited. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

Mad Max has the flashiest editing of the year, if Whiplash could’ve won this category last year, Mad Max is frontrunner for sure.
    The nominees should be:
    -Beasts of No Nation
    -Bridges of Spies
    -Mad Max: Fury Road
    -Sicario
    -Spotlight

I haven’t seen The Revenant yet, but last year voters proved they wasn’t impressed with long takes (Birdman). They like movies that show off its editing, like war movies, action movies, thrillers, the award tends to go to the most editing, not the best.

ReplyCopy URL
    benbraddock
    Participant
    Topics:

I am shocked that people cannot finish a film or just plain walk out!!!! Picking Creed for an editing nomination is a bit stretching. No way.
    Best Editing nominees …… Spotlight, Steve Jobs, The Martian, Bridge of Spies and Star Wars.

ReplyCopy URL
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

Bridge of Spies (Michael Kahn)

The Martian (Pietro Scalia)

The Revenant (Stephen Mirrione)

Sicario (Joe Walker)

Spotlight (Tom McArdle)

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

FreemanGriffin, Creed falls under Adapted Screenplay btw. It has the ‘Characters by Sylvester Stallone’ credit.

Bridge of Spies
    Creed
    Joy
    The Revenant
    Spotlight

I have Creed winning and if Joy fails I’ll replace it with Mad Max: Fury Road. I’m considering dropping Bridge of Spies for it too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Spotlight
    2. The Martian
    3. Creed
    4. Sicario
    5. Steve Jobs

ReplyCopy URL
    Asgaroth
    Participant
    Topics:

I only see Spotlight and The Revenant as locks. I had no idea which movies are going to take the other three spots, Mad Max has great chances but … it’s still a summer action movie, the title could sound kind of “ridiculous” for the Academy, and that can indeed hurt a lot.

ReplyCopy URL
    JOHN
    Topics:

Mad Max is definately in and has many possibilities to win. Mad Max is still the best film of the year. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Lapierre
    Participant
    Topics:

I have The Martian, Spotlight, The Revenant, Creed, and Joy.

ReplyCopy URL
    tjd
    Participant
    Topics:

Odd to see Spotlight get mentioned here. I liked the film, but I didn’t think the editing was anything special. I would rather Creed get nominated as well. Mad Max: Fury Road definitely deserves a nomination as well, and will likely get one. Same for Sicario.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Odd to see Spotlight get mentioned here. I liked the film, but I didn’t think the editing was anything special.

Dallas Buyers Club, Lincoln, The Descendants and so on—it is irrelevant how insignificant the editing is if the film is a major Best Picture player.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I am shocked that people cannot finish a film or just plain walk out!!!! Picking Creed for an editing nomination is a bit stretching. No way.
    Best Editing nominees …… Spotlight, Steve Jobs, The Martian, Bridge of Spies and Star Wars.

I walked out of American Sniper and look what happened….a Sound Editing win.

Never again.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: 2015 Best Film Editing (Academy Award category)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.