2015 GoldDerby Forum Posters (Choice) Awards — WINNERS ANNOUNCED TODAY! RIGHT NOW!

Home // Forums // Movies // 2015 GoldDerby Forum Posters (Choice) Awards — WINNERS ANNOUNCED TODAY! RIGHT NOW!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 212 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • DamianWayne
    Participant
    Topics:

Welcome to the GoldDerby Forum Posters Awards!! Where active members — and only the active members — of this website decide the best of the best in film!

RULES
    1. Ballots are due by Friday, February 12th at 11PM Eastern Standard Time.
    2. Once ballots have been submitted, they cannot be changed!
    3. You will rank every category from 1-5. Like the Oscars, you do not need to put anything after the #1 vote or even have all 5 slots filled if you choose not to. But you should anyway. This is a weighted ballot, so your rankings will matter.
    3. You may vote in as many categories as you choose, but at stated before, once your ballot is submitted you cannot submit another if you forgot categories.
    4. You must have a minimum of 50 posts in the forums in order for your ballot to count. Do not submit your ballot until this requirement is fulfilled or it will be thrown out. No exceptions.
    5. Any film released in theaters in North America in the year 2015 is eligible.

The same category for the GoldDerby Awards will be the same categories here. Use this post to FYC your favorites. Post as many FYCs as you like.

Ballots will be submitted to me via Private Message.

Happy voting!  

Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

I just wanna kiss you from your dimples.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC: Me in every category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

For Your Consideration!

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Kristen Stewart in “Clouds of Sils Maria”

“Spy” in all possible categories including BEST PICTURE, BEST ACTRESS (Melissa McCarthy), BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (Rose Byrne) and BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY!

“The Final Girls” for BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (Malin Akerman) and BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY!

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Walton Goggins in “The Hateful Eight”

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought this was about the Derbytes Awards 2015. I clicked this from the Recent Activity section BTW.

ReplyCopy URL
    Moviebuff22
    Participant
    Topics:

Best actor: Leo

Actress: Charlize Theron in Mad Max

Supporting Actor: Samuel L Jackson in Hateful Eight

Supporting actress: Jennifer Jason Leigh in Hateful Eight

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

What is the methodology for nominees? Is my #1 ranked choice weighted the same as my #5 choice?

Do I still only select 5 for best picture?

FYC:

– Abraham Attah in ‘Beasts of No Nation’ — this kid was literally picked off the street and he is the heart of the devastating film.

– Creed in cinematography (one-take boxing match, shadow boxing scene, montage after montage). Also, editing!

– No fraud. Tremblay, Mara, Vikander are leads. If they’re not in your top five for lead, too bad. Consider Jennifer Jason Leigh (in Anomalisa!), Rachel Weisz (Youth), Marion Cotillard (Macbeth), Julie Walters (Brooklyn), Kristen Stewart (The Clouds of Sils Maria), Tessa Thompson (Creed)… Also, if you haven’t seen enough good supporting actress performances, just list your top two or three. This was an extraordinarily shallow year.

Also, I recommend that you guys do not send in your ballots until close to the deadline, so you can watch as many films as possible. I will probably submit mine the day before.  

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Good. 5 spots. I like that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

I sincerely hope there would be lots of participation for this. We could make it work, people. Great changes require great effort. Get our voices heard.

And, finally a place where our FYCs can actually be useful instead of decoration.

BActress
    -Bel Powley-The Diary of a Teenage Girl
    BActor
    Geza Rohrig-Son of Saul
    BSA
    -Gunes Sensoy-Mustang(the youngest girl)-you can vote for her in lead, too, but I consider all of them supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    DamianWayne
    Participant
    Topics:

What is the methodology for nominees? Is my #1 ranked choice weighted the same as my #5 choice?

It’ll be a weighted ballot. So rankings matter. And as I said, not all 5 slots need to be filled, but it’s better if they are.

Select only 5 for BP. The Top 10 choices will be the nominees. Go bold!

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”SxECanadianFanSxE”]

It’ll be a weighted ballot. So rankings matter.

Select only 5 for BP. The Top 10 choices will be the nominees. 

[/quote]

Great!

Also, ‘When Marnie Was There’ >>>> ‘The Peanuts Movie’ and ‘Minions’. That is all.  

ReplyCopy URL
    DamianWayne
    Participant
    Topics:

Also any clarifications that are made will be added to the main post so that you don’t have to fish around for info on a question already answered.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

It actually doesn’t matter, but maybe it should be called ”Poster’s Choice Movie Awards” or something like that, just something with the word movie in it so that people don’t get confused like the poster above.
    (Also, I’m trying to post as many comments as possible on this thread.)

ReplyCopy URL
    DamianWayne
    Participant
    Topics:

lol I put ‘Choice’ in the title just so people aren’t confused. 

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we be like the National Society of Film Critics and release vote totals after the awards are handed out? The pros of transparency outweigh the cons, I think.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 212 total)
Reply To: 2015 GoldDerby Forum Posters (Choice) Awards — WINNERS ANNOUNCED TODAY! RIGHT NOW!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.