2015 Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay (:

Home // Forums // Movies // 2015 Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay (:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

By far my favorite category this year! I love love love all five nominees! Absolutely phenomenal scripts.

In 5th place is the terrific script for The Martian. Witty, dramatic, always interesting, great voice-overs, great rhythms, the script creates the world that the technical wizards then enhanced. Superb!

In 4th place I put the charming Nick Horny script for Brooklyn. Fragile yet beautiful, my only concern about this movie is that it somehow got labeled as an immigration movie, which for me it isn’t – it’s a charming romance with a beautiful script. Superb!

In 3rd place is Phyllis Nagy’s adaptation of Patricia Highsmith’s The Price of Salt: Carol. A beautiful script, a natural flow to it, great dialogue and great movement. Truly beautiful and deserving! Superb!

In 2nd place is the sharp, witty, informative script for The Big Short. Explaining difficult concepts well, with humor yet also plenty of drama, the film flows brilliantly and is sharp and incisive. Superb!

In 1st place, the moving script adaptation by Emma Donaghue of her novel Room. The film has tension, beauty, terrific dialogue, it’s just one of the truly great screen adaptations! Superb!

I would vote for Room and I think the academy will likely choose it slightly over The Big Short – even if The Big Short wins BP, which I hope it does (or Room or Spotlight, lol!) (;

I can be happy with any of these scripts winning but I am rooting for Room (:

Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

This is tough, all nominees are excellent but I really hope this goes to Brooklyn, because it is just a magnificent movie. I would rank:  

1. Brooklyn
    2. The Martian
    3. Room
    4. The Big Short
    5. Carol 

ReplyCopy URL
    Wombat988
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen Room yet, but I agree that this is the category they got most right. I’m predicting The Big Short, but I’m really hoping Brooklyn wins this one too, sadly because I feel like it doesn’t have much chance of winning any Oscars this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    agro
    Topics:

Im confuse between Room and Carol. But well, maybe Room will get the award afterall

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

The Big Short wins for now. 

I think Carol, Brooklyn and The Martian are definitely out. A case could be made for Room thanks to its strong showing.

ReplyCopy URL
    LifeIsStrange
    Topics:

I hope Room wins this one.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe Room is going to win this.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, Emma Donaghue is Irish Canadian.

Will this hurt her chances?

Just thinking aloud….

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Easy one to call and Room is in the upset position since it was crowd-pleasing enough to win Toronto.

ReplyCopy URL
    Damiansport1
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Short should easly win

ReplyCopy URL
    Chevi
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Short or Room. If Big Short does not win this one probably won’t win BP.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Room is the one that was best adapted from the source material, but it’s not the best screenplay by any means. I’m rooting for Carol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Joe Burns
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Short is the  clear frontrunner with Room as a possible spoiler.  Carol, Brooklyn, and The Martian have no chance.  

ReplyCopy URL
    DominicCobb
    Participant
    Topics:

Certainly Big Short, especially if it’s to win BP. But if it falters and ends up with nothing, watch out for Room (my fave of the bunch).

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Short with Room as possibility.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: 2015 Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay (:

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.