2015 Oscar for Best Documentary

Home // Forums // Movies // 2015 Oscar for Best Documentary

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I have seen four of the nominees and am so looking forward to seeing What Happened, Miss Simone?  – hoping I can see it before the Oscars next month.

Amy has been winning all of the awards and it’s an amazing portrait of addiction – alcohol, drug and love addiction. It’s also incredibly well put together and was one of 3 films that truly moved me this year and changed my way of thinking (Room and The Danish Girl were the other two). Amy is British, which I suppose could harm it’s chances? Not sure if that’s true or not in this particular category. It would be a worthy winner.

Cartel Land, The Look Of Silence, and Winter On Fire are all extremely political films about the fight for human rights in war-torn or drug war-torn lands. They are all extremely informative, well edited, and exciting cinematically. But they are all also very similar in narrative styles and techniques. I could be happy with any of the four winning, but I have a special place in my heart for Amy.

Has anyone seen What Happened, Miss Simone? yet? I am so looking forward to it!

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Amy is the highest-grossing nominee in this category in eight years and it even united the critics in spite of its subject matter.  It has this and will decisively sweep through PGA and BAFTA.  Maybe it gets MPSE too.  It will be unstoppable if it takes DGA, given what they normally award.

ReplyCopy URL
    DamianWayne
    Participant
    Topics:

Joshua Oppenheimer should be winning his 2nd Oscar but will be going 0-2 against dull as fuck music docs. A real crime. 

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d take Winter, Look, and Cartel Land over Amy. But since I’m not a basic Oscar voter, I expect Amy to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chevi
    Participant
    Topics:

Amy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Wixson
    Participant
    Topics:

Amy all the way. Maybe “basic” is the only way to describe choices of those who believe it doesn’t deserve to win.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: 2015 Oscar for Best Documentary

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.