2015 Oscar for Best Song

Home // Forums // Movies // 2015 Oscar for Best Song

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 147 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who lvoes “Writing’s On the Wall”? I think it’s going to win and is a wonderful song.

Lady Gaga & Diane Warren could win for “Til It Happens To You”, sure, but I still think the Bond song is better known from a better known film and that will help it to victory.

“Earned It” is also excellent, but are they really going to give an Oscar to the movie 50 Shades Of Gray? I don’t think so.

I have never heard “Manta Ray” nor have I ever heard of Racing Extinction. It’s safe to say this song has no chance at Oscar gold.

“Simple Song #3” is gorgeous, yes, but I strongly suspect it’s too classical and too arty for Oscar gold. It has an outside chance.

I have only seen two of the films that these songs are from: Spectre and Youth.

Did the songs from Creed all cancel each other out? Very disappointed it wasn’t nominated here. I thought “Waiting For The Moment” would surely make it in to the final five.

ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who lvoes “Writing’s On the Wall”? I think it’s going to win and is a wonderful song.

Lady Gaga & Diane Warren could win for “Til It Happens To You”, sure, but I still think the Bond song is better known from a better known film and that will help it to victory.

“Earned It” is also excellent, but are they really going to give an Oscar to the movie 50 Shades Of Gray? I don’t think so.

I have never heard “Manta Ray” nor have I ever heard of Racing Extinction. It’s safe to say this song has no chance at Oscar gold.

“Simple Song #3” is gorgeous, yes, but I strongly suspect it’s too classical and too arty for Oscar gold. It has an outside chance.

I have only seen two of the films that these songs are from: Spectre and Youth.

Did the songs from Creed all cancel each other out? Very disappointed it wasn’t nominated here. I thought “Waiting For The Moment” would surely make it in to the final five.

I really enjoyed Writings on the Wall. Especially in the theater.

ReplyCopy URL
    Manuel Colon
    Participant
    Topics:

Manta Ray is a gorgeous song, i listened it yesterday and it’s beautiful.

Til It Happens To You is the winner at the momment, without the See You Again juggernaut it has full support to win. And the Academy likes the song, she performed it a couple of days ago in front of some members with Diane Warren sitting next to her.

Simple Song #3 is stunning as well, and i can’t wait to watch the performance.

The fact that Earned It comes from FSOG does not matter much to me, and i don’t think The Academy cares too, but i just don’t see it as a winner, and The Weeknd may be too new for them to reward. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Damiansport1
    Participant
    Topics:

I would think its between song from Youth and from Spectre.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think “Writing’s on the Wall” is better than most people say, but mostly because I’m a fan of Sam Smith.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Writing on the Wall deserves quite the smearing it’s received, but I do find the orchestral backing more memorable than the theme. Manta Ray is good, even if the best part might be the orchestra at the end after the singers have dropped out. I think Lady Gaga and Diane Warren will win because of the former’s fame and narrative (she was a past victim of sexual abuse, the topic of the song and documentary) and Warren’s overdue factor.

I wasn’t sure of the impact of Simple Song #3 at first, but after listening to it again it’s grown on me. I should add that both its singer Sumi Jo and solo violinist Viktoria Mullova are two of the most gifted classical artists in the world. I assume they had a huge paycheck for doing this, probably several times more than they would normally earn for a whole recital. I’ve linked below to recordings of each of their most demanding repertoire if anyone cares. See for yourself.

Sumi Jo singing aria from R. Strauss’s Ariadne auf Naxos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QyhQxRgANI

Viktoria Mullova playing Bartok’s Sonata for Solo Violin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnAkfSnQ2sU 

ReplyCopy URL
    JOHN
    Topics:

I don’t know how Writings on the wall got a nomination, I hope it doesn’t win. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Lapierre
    Participant
    Topics:

Lady Gaga will win this catagory. See You Again being snubbed here is BS but apparantly they don’t give a shit about Paul Walker. So much so they nominated Manta Ray which I found pretty boring and The Weeknd Earned it. Which is fine but no See You Again. Will win: Til it happens to you. Should win: Til it happens to you

ReplyCopy URL
    pablozedd
    Participant
    Topics:

Earned It is a good song, but its lyrics are all about sex/girls, the number of people involved with it (4-5??) and it comes from 50 Shades… There you have it.

I think Manta Ray would be deserving, it have a great message behind it, though its a little unknown. 

Writings On The Wall tries too hard to repeat Skyfall, coming from a Adele copy cat (I like Sam, but lets be honest). Being a Bond Song doesn’t really help it… Skyfall was the first one that won, wasn’t it? And I also think he’s too new to get a Oscar already, which I believe was the reason of Charlie Puth’s snub.

Til It Happens to You is a very strong contender. Diane Warren is a long overdue. The message of the song and the documentary it is in is very important (as important as last year’s Glory imo). Not sure what the Academy thinks about Lady Gaga.. Maybe she have some respect by them after Sound of Music tribute.

Simple Song 3# is also a strong contender. Its composer won a fucking Pulitzer for his music. And that whole opera vibe makes me wonder if the Academy members wouldn’t try to pull a “superior taste” thing and make it win. 

Its between SS 3# and TIHTY. 

I’m rooting for Til It Happens to You. The fact that it will be the first song composed fully by women to win this category is amazing. If it wins, of course.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok so I am hoping/praying that Gaga and Diane Wareen win this one. The only other two I like are “Earned It” and Writings on the Wall”. Not a fan of “Simple Song 3” at all and the Manta Ray one is nice but dull. In a weird way I wish Ellie Golding or something else could have sneaked in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Oscar-nominated Fifty Shades of Grey.
    Oscar-nominated Lady Gaga.
    Oscar-nominated Sam Smith.

Manta Ray is by far the best song, but  this category is an embarrassment overall.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

The race is between “Til It Happens To You” and “Writing’s On The Wall.”

ReplyCopy URL
    pablozedd
    Participant
    Topics:

Oscar-nominated Fifty Shades of Grey.
    Oscar-nominated Lady Gaga.
    Oscar-nominated Sam Smith.

Manta Ray is by far the best song, but  this category is an embarrassment overall.

So what? They’re all talented people. If Adele could, why can’t they?

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam Smith, is gooood. Great song writer too.

I was surprised and very happy that they remembered Manta Ray. Gorgeous.

ReplyCopy URL
    Manuel Colon
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t get why are people so surpised of Lady Gaga being an ”Academy Award nominee”.

It’s a music nomination, not like she is in at Best Actress. Also, she has had enough of a career to gain herself a nomination, people like Rihanna or Beyonce could get one too soon.

And again, Fifty Shades of Grey it’s an Academy Award nominated film for it’s music, not that having Academy Nominated Furious 7 would be better.  

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 147 total)
Reply To: 2015 Oscar for Best Song

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.