2016 Critics’ Choice Awards predictions and analysis

Home // Forums // Movies // 2016 Critics’ Choice Awards predictions and analysis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Damiansport1
    Participant
    Topics:

This sunday of course.
    So what is gonna happen? Who will win BP and BD? They are always giving to oscars frontrunners but who is frontrunner now in BP?
    Revenant has all the momentum with Box Office, Globes and 12 oscars noms. Its gonna be close call between TR and Spotlight

Last year they gave it to Boyhood and Linklater.

taloson
    Participant
    Topics:

Well considering they just started voting like, yesterday, I expect them to suddenly throw all their support behind The Revenant. Just saying. And Kate Winslet will suddenly win Supporting Actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

We should all boycott these and withdraw our predictions. They are not serious anymore after the Star Wars mess.

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

I have no respect for the BFCA. They do everythng they could to predict the Oscars and I can’t respect a voters body that has no personality on its own. Why did they start voting one day before the Oscar nominations and the deadline was on the nominations’ day? To make sure they won’t vote for big losers the way they did last year when they voted for contenders with no Oscar nominations in some categories. 

The good news is they don’t have the power of the Globes. They can’t really change the race. They’re ridiculous. They’re the only precursors I don’t even care to watch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

These awards are worse than worthless and definitely shouldn’t be taken seriously as a ”critics” award, but why attacking harshly on them while giving the Globes go by?
    Both are being handed out by randos(at least BFCA has some credible critics in its membership) whose only purpose is to predict Oscars and get more ratings. In Globes’ case they also have a long history for bribery.
    But this is mainly an award prediction site, and even though no one here likes or respects them, or their choices; BFCA were the best ”predictor” when it comes to Oscars this year; which makes them, even more disgusting; but also more important for the people who want to win that Amazon certificate.

Is it because watching Globes are more fun, and CC is both boring, embarrassing(rggh last year) and predictable at the same time? That is an argument I could understand.

ReplyCopy URL
    taloson
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’s just that the Globes have an odd respectability to the general public, who don’t pay too much attention. There are countless trailers that bill actors as Golden Globe Winner… but you’ll never see Critics’ Choice Winner…

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

I know they are more popular, they’ve been around for longer, and being used more as a marketing campaign. But we’re not public. We know how things go. I just want to know why is Critics Choice hated more than Globes here? Is it because they tarnish critics’ name by using it in their title?

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

The Globes are trashy, yes, but at least they do what they want to do a lot of times. They didn’t care about The Hurt Locker and gave it nothing. They loved Mickey Rourke and they snubbed Penn when he was considered a front-runner and gave the Globe to Mickey. I can contnue forever. The BFCA does everything to predict the Oscars. They never nominate anything because they like it. That’s why I’d forgive the Globes no matter how laughable they are. Because they have their own tastes. The BFCA are copycats with no personalty, no taste and nothing to say. And they’re no real critics. 

ReplyCopy URL
    taloson
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah as far as our perception, I think they’re just shamelessly in the business of predicting Oscars. Like, there are members who outwardly brag about lining up perfectly with the Oscars. There’s no real independent thought. I mean, Mad Max: Fury Road was easily the most beloved film by critics this year (criticstop10.com for evidence) but I highly doubt it’ll win Best Picture. It will be Spotlight or The Big Short or The Revenant, depending on what they think will win Best Picture.

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

These awards are worse than worthless and definitely shouldn’t be taken seriously as a ”critics” award, but why attacking harshly on them while giving the Globes go by?
    Both are being handed out by randos(at least BFCA has some credible critics in its membership) whose only purpose is to predict Oscars and get more ratings. In Globes’ case they also have a long history for bribery.
    But this is mainly an award prediction site, and even though no one here likes or respects them, or their choices; BFCA were the best ”predictor” when it comes to Oscars this year; which makes them, even more disgusting; but also more important for the people who want to win that Amazon certificate.

Is it because watching Globes are more fun, and CC is both boring, embarrassing(rggh last year) and predictable at the same time? That is an argument I could understand.

The thing is they also have six nominees per category which is in order to have a better chance at predicting the five. They even vote for films they haven’t seen (like  Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close) because they seem like Oscar contenders. 
    They also introduced categories like Actor in a Comedy, Actor in an Action to be able to say: Yes, but Bradley Cooper got nothing from precursors and we still gave him an award for his performance. Come on.. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’m so happy they failed to predict Star Wars hahahahahahahhhhah!

ReplyCopy URL
    DamianWayne
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone know when are ballots due? I need to know whether these clowns will shamelessly give Ridley Scott director because he didn’t get nominated.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

We should all boycott these and withdraw our predictions. They are not serious anymore after the Star Wars mess.

If we’ll put up with the Globes giving Pia Zadora and Lady Gaga ACTING Awards, we should survive this fiasco. I completely agree with you Disney Wars’ BP “nomination” but really cheap ratings grab / Oscar Prediction was a travesty, but before boycotting the Critics Choice Awards, let’s at least see what their actual winners are. FYI, I’m not even predicting Disney Wars in my prediction’s at all, and I suggest you do the same, GusCruz. I have the ACTUAL ORIGINAL 10 nominees predicted, but not The Failed Awakening (or “The Force Recycled” as Rob on Goldderby put it!), because I feel doing so validates its nomination as being legit, which it clearly isn’t! 😉

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

The Globes are trashy, yes, but at least they do what they want to do a lot of times. They didn’t care about The Hurt Locker and gave it nothing. They loved Mickey Rourke and they snubbed Penn when he was considered a front-runner and gave the Globe to Mickey. I can contnue forever. The BFCA does everything to predict the Oscars. They never nominate anything because they like it. That’s why I’d forgive the Globes no matter how laughable they are. Because they have their own tastes. The BFCA are copycats with no personalty, no taste and nothing to say. And they’re no real critics. 

Why do you assume they are going their own way when they award an underdog?. Like I said they have a long history for bribery and they are a very small group. Who knows when they are trying to keep their friends happy; when they are aiming for the ratings and when they are trying the predict the Oscars? So they thought The Grand Budapest Hotel was a better movie last year but Birdman had a better screenplay? Or were they just keeping every studio happy? Hmm.
    Like how can the same group that didn’t like The Hurt Locker suddenly loved The Revenant? Their choices have no logic or consistency whatsoever. Which makes me question about the things you’ve just said. Of course, Globes make more ballsy selections and have the luxury of throwing one or two personal choices with knowing people will still watch and care about them while Critics will continue to be about predicting the Oscars within the hope of some big network picks them up.
    Of course it’s a good thing in the end that some of our favourites that got robbed by Oscars have their Golden Globes to hug on, but that doesn’t put any more respect onto neither of those groups.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m so happy they failed to predict Star Wars hahahahahahahhhhah!

You and me BOTH, Vince!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: 2016 Critics’ Choice Awards predictions and analysis

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.