Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

The Lumieres have less categories than the Cesars; sometimes the winners match up between the two groups but sometimes they don’t. Mustang was their big winner, with four awards. I was most happy about the wins for Desplechin, Frot and Paradot!

Best Film: Mustang
    Best Debut Film: Mustang
    Best Francophone Film: Much Loved
    Best Director: Arnaud Desplechin, Trois souvenirs de ma jeunesse (My Golden Days)
    Best Actress: Catherine Frot, Marguerite
    Best Actor: Vincent Lindon, La loi du marche (The Measure Of A Man) and Journal d’une femme de chambre (The Diary Of A Chambermaid)
    Best Female Revelation: Gunes Nizihe Sensoy, Doga Zeynep Doguslu, Elit Escan, Tugba Sunguroglu and Ilayda Akdogan, Mustang
    Best Male Revelation: Rod Paradot, La tete haute (Standing Tall)
    Best Screenplay: Philippe Faucon, Fatima
    Best Cinematography: David Zhizallet, Mustang, Les Anarchiste (The Anarchists) and Je suis un soldat
    Best Score: Gregoire Hetzel, La belle saison (Summertime) and Trois souvenirs de ma jeunesse (My Golden Days)
    Best Documentary: (tie) Le bouton de nacre (The Pearl Button), Patricio Guzman and L’Image manquante, Rithy Pan

(the girls from Mustang are not nominated for Cesars – not sure why)

The Cesars are held later this month. I am rooting for Arnaud Desplechin, Catherine Frot and Rod Paradot! (:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: 2016 Lumieres Awards winners

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.