Home Forums Movies 2017 SAG Awards Ceremony Details (Complete Show Rundown)

2017 SAG Awards Ceremony Details (Complete Show Rundown)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

2017 SAG AWARDS
    Sunday, January 29, 8:00 ET on TBS and TNT

LIFE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:
    Presented to Lily Tomlin by Jane Fonda and Dolly Parton

PRESENTERS:
    Casey Affleck
    Riz Ahmed
    Mahershala Ali
    Millie Bobby Brown
    Gabrielle Carteris
    Common
    Viola Davis
    Michelle Dockery
    Andrew Garfield
    Kathryn Hahn
    Naomi Harris
    Salma Hayek
    Lucas Hedges
    Taraji P. Henson
    Jonah Hill
    Kate Hudson
    Rashida Jones
    Nicole Kidman
    Ashton Kutcher
    Brie Larson
    John Legend
    James Marsden
    Gaten Matarazzo
    Caleb McLaughlin
    Janelle Monae
    Viggo Mortensen
    Gina Rodriguez
    Alia Shawkat
    Octavia Spencer
    Denzel Washington
    Finn Wolfhard
    Steven Yeun

Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

So pumped for Jane and Lily!!

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

LOS ANGELES (Jan. 23, 2017) — Millie Bobby Brown, Sophia Bush, Gabrielle Carteris, Common, Rashida Jones, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Alia Shawkat, Finn Wolfhard and Steven Yeun will be presenters at the 23rd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards®, Executive Producer Kathy Connell announced today.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Here you go! The complete rundown for Sunday’s ceremony…

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2017/schedule-sag-awards-presenters-category-order-2017-screen-actors-guild/

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Interesting that Brie Larson is the only one of last year’s winners presenting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Someonelikeme
    Participant
    Topics:

That is very interesting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jackson B
    Participant
    Topics:

How in the world does Kate Hudson keep getting high profile presenting gigs? She was literally in ONE critically acclaimed movie and hasnt had a hit movie since 2003.

ReplyCopy URL
    jman02
    Participant
    Topics:

Jonah Hill presenting Best Film Actress seems very random.

Unless they were fully expecting an Emma Stone win here so it’ll look like a Superbad mini-reunion

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

They expect Emma Stone win. Also they have Netflix show they’re doing together that’s coming out at the end of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m predicting Streep and Washington to take this. I changed my predictions. Both are possible and it would throw these threads into a spin. People will loose it if SAG doesn’t tell how to decide between Stone (who’s obviouly winning that Oscar) and Portman. And without a Portman win, they won’t feel confident going with Hupper either. So that would be fun to watch.

Affleck also wins an easy Oscar but seeing Washington win here will freak people out.

I never win these prediction constests, random people we never even read around here enf up winning so whatever, I’m going with these upsets in hopes of seeing crazy reactions.

I also had Patel and Grant winning at some point, but lets just go with Ali, another obvious win. Or maybe I’ll go back to Grant. Veterans have won here before over new-ish people.

(But of course Stone, Affleck and Ali are winning. SAG voters are the biggest sheep ever, even more than BFCA)

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m predicting Streep and Washington to take this. I changed my predictions. Both are possible and it would throw these threads into a spin. People will loose it if SAG doesn’t tell how to decide between Stone (who’s obviouly winning that Oscar) and Portman. And without a Portman win, they won’t feel confident going with Hupper either. So that would be fun to watch.

Affleck also wins an easy Oscar but seeing Washington win here will freak people out.

I never win these prediction constests, random people we never even read around here enf up winning so whatever, I’m going with these upsets in hopes of seeing crazy reactions.

I also had Patel and Grant winning at some point, but lets just go with Ali, another obvious win. Or maybe I’ll go back to Grant. Veterans have won here before over new-ish people.

(But of course Stone, Affleck and Ali are winning. SAG voters are the biggest sheep ever, even more than BFCA)

We’ll either top the predictions or be dead last. I also have Streep, Washington and Patel.

Streep may seem illogical, but I just can’t see how Hollywood doesn’t rally behind her, especially with Stone and Portman (and Huppert, even if she’s not nominated here) not letting there be one frontrunner.

Washington actually seems like a safe prediction now.

Patel is my ‘no guts, no glory’ prediction. Can’t see Ali winning this, SAG did not receive any screeners for HOHW, Hedges is too young and Grant was Oscar snubbed. So that leaves Patel, who also has the most baity performance.

Thank God for Viola Davis, if nothing else I’ll get one right at least.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Dream ballot: Ensemble: Manchester By The Sea or Hidden Figures, Actor: Affleck, Actress: Strepp, Supporting Actor: Dev Patel, Supporting Actress: Kidman.

Likely Winners: Ensemble: Feces, Actor Washington (this thought make me want to puke), Actress: Portman, Supporting Actor: Blankface Ali, Supporting Actress: Fake Davis

ReplyCopy URL
    Jackson B
    Participant
    Topics:

I also have a feeling Streep could take this.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I am worried this week be a terrible ending to a terrible day, with all of the films and performances that do not deserve to win will win ): Usually awards show are a mix: half great choices and half terrible ones. I only care about the films and not the television categories (haven’t seen enough of the nominees for television). I am hoping for a few fun shockers. The only onea I am completely certain about is Casey Affleck and Viola Davis… so hoping for MBTS to win at least 3 or to sweep!

ReplyCopy URL
    Philip
    Participant
    Topics:

Dream ballot: Ensemble: Manchester By The Sea or Hidden Figures, Actor: Affleck, Actress: Strepp, Supporting Actor: Dev Patel, Supporting Actress: Kidman.

Likely Winners: Ensemble: Feces, Actor Washington (this thought make me want to puke), Actress: Portman, Supporting Actor: Blankface Ali, Supporting Actress: Fake Davis

Fake Davis? You are so pathetic.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.