( +5 hidden )
August 8, 2017 at 9:46 pm #1202179563
The other 2018 Oscars predictions thread which started many months ago lasted way beyond a point of expiration.
Going forward we will have a new thread each month for you to offer predictions, speculation, analysis and more.
The best news… our official predictions center event should be launched early next week (around August 14 or 15 we hope). It has taken months to enter hundreds of movies and their candidates. You will be able to predict picture, director, and the four acting categories to start. We will then add the rest of the categories over time.August 8, 2017 at 10:01 pm #1202179567
We all know Nolan and will poulter are Locks to win in their categoryAugust 8, 2017 at 11:44 pm #1202179645
Because I didn’t read the previous posts.
GusCruz, did you take Magnolia Pictures acquision as a good news for Diane Kruger? LMFAO. This is a full boutiqur studio. In all these years of existence, beyond Documental category, Magnolia Pictures didn’t fight for an Oscar nom like Picturehouse, IFC Films or even Music Box Films did. Heck, they even prefer avoid the Oscar competition dropping their films on the Oscar eligible list. Sorry for breaking the bubble, but unless they are in partnership to anoyher studio, this news is like “In the fade” doesn’t have US distributor, but hey let’s trying…August 9, 2017 at 3:17 am #1202179812
- The Papers
- Call me by your name
- Darkest Hour
- The Current War
- Wonder Wheel
- Last flag flying
- Steven Spielberg – The Papers
- Christopher Nolan – Dunkirk
- Luca Guadagino – Call me by your name
- Darren Aronofsky – mother!
- Joe Wright – Darkest Hour
- Gary Oldman – Darkest Hour
- Tom Hanks – The Papers
- Timothee Chalamet – Call me by your name
- Javier Bardem – mother!
- Bryan Cranston – Last flag flying
- Meryl Streep – Tha Papers
- Jennifer Lawrence – mother!
- Kate Winslet – Wonder Wheel
- Judi Dench – Victoria and Abdul
- Annette Bening – Film stars don’t die in Liverpool
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
- Armie Hammer – Call me by your name
- Michael Stuhlbarg – Call me by your name
- Ed Harris – mother!
- Michael Shannon – The Current War
- Steve Carrell – Last flag flying
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
August 9, 2017 at 4:01 am #1202179822
- Michelle Pfeiffer – mother!
- Kristin Scott Thomas – Darkest Hour
- Carrie Coon – The Papers
- Sarah Paulson – The Papers
- Judi Dench – Murder on the Orient Express
I also would like to see Tiffany Haddish nominated for Best Supporting Actress. I enjoyed her in Girls Trip.August 9, 2017 at 7:13 am #1202179917
Yes to Tiffany Haddish. She was amazing in Girls Trip.
Also, I don’t buy the hype for The Darkerst Hour.August 9, 2017 at 7:36 am #1202179941
I know all the reviews aren’t in yet, but is The Glass Castle dead in the water?August 9, 2017 at 8:09 am #1202179987
Steve carrell is not getting in supporting over will poulter. This is an Oscar worthy performance from poulterAugust 9, 2017 at 10:18 am #1202180098
I also am doubting Darkest Hour for Best Picture. Oldman getting in should be fine though. Wright’s got Knightely and Ronan in before for period pieces so no reason he can’t do so here with a far more pre-buzzed performance.
FYC: The Crown, Fleabag and AHS: Roanoke for Gold Derby TV AwardsAugust 9, 2017 at 10:36 am #1202180113
I don’t care if Darkest Hour misses BP as long as god Dario Marianelli to get another nomination. Thoughts & prayers
The topic ‘2018 Oscars Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)’ is closed to new replies.