Home Forums Movies 2018 Oscars Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

2018 Oscars Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 556 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
pulp50
SayMyName
Honey
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

Kathryn Hahn isn’t happening for a Netflix movie that doesn’t have a release date and isn’t playing any festivals.

Mudbound is where it’s at for them.

We don’t know it isn’t playing at any significant festivals. It is too early to say that.

Kwame
    Participant
    Topics:

Kathryn Hahn isn’t happening for a Netflix movie that doesn’t have a release date and isn’t playing any festivals.

Mudbound is where it’s at for them.

We don’t know it isn’t playing at any significant festivals. It is too early to say that.

Venice, TIFF, NYFF have all announced their line-ups. Mudbound is heading to two of those and I doubt Private Life is going to Telluride. So which other significant festival is left for it to play at?

Anonymous
    Topics:

You doubting that it’ll play at Telluride doesn’t not mean it won’t.

Kwame
    Participant
    Topics:

lol ok. and if it doesn’t?
    Listen, Hahn is a fine actress and she’ll probably be nominated someday it just won’t be for this movie.

eric
    Participant
    Topics:

Armie Hammer and Michelle Pfeiffer, I’m convinced they will win all the way, Actress could go to Winslet or Dench, and Actor I’m still pondering

I think the same

GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

The seeds to the Bening narrative have begun being planted. I’ve seen this play out too many times. She will probably win. Rejoice, M.!

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who didn’t care for either of swanks wins? And thought benning should’ve won over swank for American beauty

jasonface
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who didn’t care for either of swanks wins? And thought benning should’ve won over swank for American beauty

I hope you’re the only one who thinks this

Eric Close
    Participant
    Topics:

For Boys Don’t Cry??? No, not a chance. Million Dollar Baby shouldn’t have won anything, but she absolutely deserve her win for the former.

EvaSofie
    Participant
    Topics:

Armie Hammer and Michelle Pfeiffer, I’m convinced they will win all the way, Actress could go to Winslet or Dench, and Actor I’m still pondering

Let’s not forget about Meryl, now. Or does she just go without saying at this point?

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Bening didn’t deserve to win either years since both Swank and Staunton/Winslet were better.

MarBob
    Participant
    Topics:

The Shape of Water
    Call Me By Your Name
    Darkest Hour
    The Beguiled
    Marshall
    Lean On Pete
    Florida Project
    Phantom Thread

Meryl Streep
    Frances McDormand
    Annette Bening
    Rooney Mara
    Saoirse Ronan

Daniel Day Lewis
    Gary Oldman
    Timothee Chalamet
    Denzel Washington
    Chadwick Boseman

Holly Hunter
    Melissa Leo
    Kirsten Dunst
    Michelle Pfeiffer
    Nicole Kidman

Armie Hammer
    John Boyega
    Will Poulter
    Colin Farrell
    Ed Harris

pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

One movie I’m not buying right now is The Shape of Water. If it’s really well received, maybe, but until reviews come out I won’t predict it, or Hawkins. She’s playing a mute, does that help or hurt her?

Another is Poulter, but I’m not counting him out, but he’s definitely not a guaranteed nominee. I don’t see Detroit doing well in general so it’s more about the movie than Poulter. If I thought Detroit would be a BP nominee then I’d consider him more.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Lead Actress is going to either Rooney Mara or Jennifer Lawrence. the latter has more to overcome since the former can have an easier time at SAG considering no actress has yet to win that award twice (thanks to a certain someone robbing of a much-deserved win). I think Streep will obviously get her nomination but I don’t see her winning for a Spielberg film unless the film also takes Best Picture and possibly Director.

Milk Money
    Participant
    Topics:

I think this is finally going to be Bening’s year. Lawrence is probably gonna have to wait a while for a second win unless she sweeps everything in sight.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 556 total)

The topic ‘2018 Oscars Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)’ is closed to new replies.