Home Forums Movies 2018 SAG Ensemble Nomination Predictions

2018 SAG Ensemble Nomination Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 136 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
Bee
Andrew D
  • Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

Detroit is garbage and likely to be entirely MIA this awards season. I do, however, think The Disaster Artist has a chance here.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

You say Detroit is garbage yet you gave it a B-. To me, garbage films get grades of D or F, not B-.

ReplyCopy URL
    Palmboom
    Participant
    Topics:

My thoughts would be:

1. The Post
    2. Call Me By Your Name
    3. The Shape of Water
    4. Three Billboards
    5. Darkest Hour

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Disaster Artist would have had a better chance in a weaker year. Detroit is DOA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

The Post
    Mudbound
    Shape of water
    3 Billboards
    lady Bird

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AndrewsArt

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    Paul Hardister
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone see a chance for The Disaster Artist? It’s not in the predictions center and no one’s mentioned it in this forum, but it’s a huge cast, it’s about the making of a movie (albeit an infamously terrible one), and James Franco is seemingly gaining traction in the best actor race. I think it could stand a decent chance as the surprise nominee.

I agree. Plus, it’s a movie about acting. SAG of all places should eat it up. Plus, SAG seems more comedy friendly. They also have one or two picks that are really out there and do not show up big at the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    cinephile_
    Participant
    Topics:

it looks like the sag ensemble nominations are really going to help support our oscar best picture predictions. Here are my updated predictions:

Locks:
    – The Post

Likely:

– Three Billboards Outside Missouri
    –  Mudbound
    –  The Shape of Water

Fighting for the last slot:

– Call Me By Your Name
    – Dunkirk
    – Lady Bird
    – Darkest Hour

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

The Post is a lock despite visibility issues?  The Shape of Water is likely despite almost consistently under-performing?  NBR winner Get Out is not a factor?  I agree though that the nominations will be telling because big snubs are guaranteed.

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

I am currently predicting the following for SAG Ensemble

1. Get Out
    You don’t win so many ensemble awards and be one of the most critically acclaimed box office successes of the year and miss out for SAG ensemble. This is an easy prediction to make.

2. Call Me By Your Name
    I am predicting it to get 3 actors nominated. How can it miss SAG Ensemble after that?

3. Mudbound.

Even Beasts of No Nation got nominated here. So I can’t fathom how Mudbound misses out, despite being more acclaimed and truly being a ensemble film. It might not be a factor anywhere else, but being on Netflix doesn’t hurt it with SAG in any way.

4. The Post.

This is a gamble because it’s late showing may affect it here. But it’s difficult to not predict it when it’s getting a good reception from those who have seen it and when it features an ensemble of Streep, Hanks, Odernkirk, Cook and Paulson.

5. The Florida Project.

Because I honestly think it’ll get in before either The Shape of Water or Lady Bird. The latter may replace it though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

1 CMBYN
    This is so obvious it hurts.

2 Get Out
    People are criminally underestimating its chances. There may not be many household names in the film but it is a sizzling-hot, zeitgeist-cutting best picture contender with a huge ensemble of actors stealing scenes from each other in deliciously meaty roles.

3 The Post
    There has to be one old-school Oscar bait in the mix and this one is ticking all the boxes. I imagine Darkest Hour is more literally an ensemble effort but The Post is buzzier and better received.

4 Lady Bird
    Another trending indie darling of the moment, starring both a best actress frontrunner and a best supporting actress frontrunner, not to mention a best actor frontrunner in a supporting turn.

5 The Shape of Water
    It’s as close to an all-star ensemble cast as any of the best picture contenders come.

Three Billboards or Mudbound could easily be in instead of TSOW but there’s just no room for Three Billboards, Phantom Thread or Dunkirk, and The Florida Project might be hurt by the fact it only has one actual movie star in it.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

My predictions for Ensemble are like this:

The Post – I can’t see this missing at all.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri – It has a great cast and all of them put the work in. Though NBR snub is making me reconsider this.

The Florida Project – They LOVE children. And it reminds me of Captain Fantastic with Dafoe being the sole acting nominee a la Mortensen.

Murder On the Orient Express – Huge cast with so many past Oscar winners/nominees AND this year’s contenders. Also, I wanted to predict a “WTF?” nominee.

The Shape of Water – It is a placeholder because The Disaster Artist is not in the center.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Call Me By Your Name
    The Florida Project
    Lady Bird
    Mudbound
    The Shape of Water

alt: The Post

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all are predicting CMBYN and TSOW and Murder on the fucking Orient Express before Three Billboards?

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all are predicting CMBYN and TSOW and Murder on the fucking Orient Express before Three Billboards?

If CMBYN gets in with such a small cast of mostly unknown actors (I don’t think it will) then WE KNOW it could realistically win Best Picture at the Oscars, period.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

The Post – i mean come on , if this misses this Award it wont win any big Oscars

Lady Bird- Fantastic Cast

Three Billboards – again fantastic cast

from here it gets a bit murky

CMBYN – is getting tons of love but its basically three people

Mudbound – great cast .. doesnt seem to be getting a bunch of love so far

Dunkirk – Great cast but i just dont see it getting this nomination

Murder on the Orient express- the cast is brilliant … no denying that

Get out- Great cast , good solid buzz and continues to pick up wins … i think this gets in

SOW- AMAZING cast … but it hasnt had too many nominations lately …

Disaster Artist – James seems to be making headway with this quirky film with a strong cast.

Florida Project – IDK … this movie is winning alot more critics awards than i ever thought it would

Phantom Thread- I dont think this gets in for same reasons im worried about cmbyn

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AndrewsArt

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
    Call Me By Your Name
    Get Out
    Lady Bird
    The Post
    Alt: The Shape of Water

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 136 total)
Reply To: 2018 SAG Ensemble Nomination Predictions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.