Home Forums Movies 2019 Oscar Predictions

2019 Oscar Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 793 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Jays
Stegeo
  • fentyboujee
    Participant
    Topics:

Black Panther for Best Costume Design, Best Production Design, Best Cinematography.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Why would black panther be a cinematography contender? The marvel movies all look the same.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Why would black panther be a cinematography contender? The marvel movies all look the same.

Rachel Morrison

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Rachel Morrison

Who cares? She gets one nomination and what, now she’s going to get nominated for everything she does? Oscar winning and nominated cinematographers have worked on Marvel movies before Morrison.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Black Panther being specifically praised for its cinematography?

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Black Panther being specifically praised for its cinematography?

I’ve seen multiple reviews giving the movies techinal aspects praise, with cinematography included.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah there’s definitely been praise for the visuals as a whole. I think it would be easier for it to get production and costume design if it gets anything.

ReplyCopy URL
    Noah Arlington
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I don’t really see it getting in for Cinematography

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

VFX Predix

Avengers: Infinity War
    Fantastic Beasts 2
    Mowgli
    Ready Player One
    Solo

ReplyCopy URL
    Im_not_creative_enough
    Participant
    Topics:

What about screenplays predictions?

This season (2017-18) had an unusual majority of original screenplay in the race vs a handful of adpated ones. 2018-19 seems to be a more standart season, with an overload in the adapted screenplays categories vs a much thiner selection of originals.

The twin “Boy Movies” (Beutiful and Erased) are both based on a book, and so does “If Beale Stredt Could Talk”. “Widows” is based in a TV show and it would be kind of neat to see this kind of adaptation receiving a nom. “The Sisters Brothers”, “First Man”, “The Front Rumner”, “Wildlife” and “Leave No Trace” are also based on books, and what the hell, I guess that if the “Annahilation” hype will carry over to 2019 it might also be in contention.

In the Original Screenplay categories, things are tougher. I guess Adam McKay’s “Backseat” could be seen as an early contender, and in my book, so does Asghar Farhadi’s “Everybody Knows” – even though it’s in Spanish. I guess it ia also logical to point out “John F. Donovan” in this category but I peraonally have big doubs over this project.

Other than those 2.5 scripts? I don’t really know. Maybe “Captive State” as the bi-annual Original-sci-fi bone throwing? Maybe “Under the Silver Lake”, a seemingly cool neo-noir project from the “It Follows” crew? Wes Anderson can also slide in with “Isle of Dogs”, same with Yorgos Lanthimos for “The Favourite” .And what about all those asundance movies who seem to get recognition in this category, like “Sorry to Bother You”, “Assassination Nation”, ” I Think We’re Alone Now” or “Eighth Grade”?

ReplyCopy URL
    Aryan Varma
    Participant
    Topics:

Something that hasn’t been mentioned which I think might be a possibility is Sam Rockwell winning Best Supporting Actor next year for Backseat, since George W. Bush seems like, for a lack of a better word, a baity role. If he does indeed win Best Supporting Actor this year for Three Billboards, could he become the first actor to win consecutive Supporting Actor Oscars ever?

On a side note, the last two Damien Chazelle movies fetched one of its cast members an Oscar. Does this mean we can call Ryan Gosling an Oscar winner soon?

ReplyCopy URL
    jasonface
    Participant
    Topics:

No, but he could become the second actor to win two Supporting Actors in a row after Jason Robards. And I hope he does.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

No, but he could become the second actor to win two Supporting Actors in a row after Jason Robards. And I hope he does.

Which prevents him from ever winning in Best Actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    CitizenBlake
    Participant
    Topics:

Which prevents him from ever winning in Best Actor.

If he well and truly wanted to, he could win Best Actor. Seven Psychopaths, Moon, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Matchstick Men… I could go on and on. Even though his supporting work is what makes him such a respected character actor, he’s got all the tools to win a lead one. In fact, he’s got all the tools to win a lead one in a one-man show kinda performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

If he well and truly wanted to, he could win Best Actor. Seven Psychopaths, Moon, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Matchstick Men… I could go on and on. Even though his supporting work is what makes him such a respected character actor, he’s got all the tools to win a lead one. In fact, he’s got all the tools to win a lead one in a one-man show kinda performance.

Oscar three or more for acting:
    Hepburn: 4 Lead
    Day-Lewis: 3 Lead
    Streep: 2 Lead, 1 Sup
    Bergman: 2 Lead, 1 Sup
    Nicholson: 2 Lead, 1 Sup
    Brennan: 3 Supporting

Rockwell won’t buck the trend.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 793 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.