Home Forums Movies 2019 Oscar Predictions

2019 Oscar Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 793 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Jays
Stegeo
  • CitizenBlake
    Participant
    Topics:

If he well and truly wanted to, he could win Best Actor. Seven Psychopaths, Moon, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Matchstick Men… I could go on and on. Even though his supporting work is what makes him such a respected character actor, he’s got all the tools to win a lead one. In fact, he’s got all the tools to win a lead one in a one-man show kinda performance.

Oscar three or more for acting: Hepburn: 4 Lead Day-Lewis: 3 Lead Streep: 2 Lead, 1 Sup Bergman: 2 Lead, 1 Sup Nicholson: 2 Lead, 1 Sup Brennan: 3 Supporting Rockwell won’t buck the trend.

I didn’t say he could break or tie records, but he could achieve a Lead Actor win though. He does deserve to have two supporting actor wins, since that’s what he seems to like doing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Well seems like the #metoo movement won’t help women next year or even this year for wins. Now they’re turning on each other. Guilty until proven guilty.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/8/cristina-garcia-metoo-advocate-investigated-sexual/

ReplyCopy URL
    Cole Jaeger
    Participant
    Topics:

So The Tale is out of contention because it’s HBO? That really sucks.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael B. Jordan for Best Supporting Actor (Black Panther)

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actor

Steve Carell The Women of Marwen
    Christian Bale Backseat
    Ryan Gosling First Man

ReplyCopy URL
    Bruno Gabriele
    Participant
    Topics:

Octavia Spencer
    2016 – Hidden Figures: The movie won a SAG for Best Ensemble. It was snubbed by the Critics’ Choice, the Golden Globes and BAFTAs, and still managed to get a BP nomination. Octavia earned her second nomination.
    2017 – The Shape of Water: The movie won at the Critics’ Choice and is considered the frontrunner for this year’s Oscar race, despite being snubbed by SAG. Octavia earned her third nomination.
    2018 – A Kid Like Jake: The movie features a bunch of TV stars (Parsons, Danes, Dowd,…), who now seem to get recognized at the Oscars (Metcalf? Janney?) The movie is about gender identity and male/female stereotypes, something that might be Oscar-baity. It doesn’t seem to be a big budget movie so probably it may miss some precursors as, i.e. “Room” did. So… back to the point: Octavia earns her fourth nomination?

Can Octavia become the Meryl of supporting roles? Is she becoming the default choice?

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Isle of Dogs debuted with an 85 on rotten tomatoes. Can it break into any categories past animation?

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Isle of Dogs debuted with an 85 on rotten tomatoes. Can it break into any categories past animation?

Well original Screenplay should be OK given that they love Anderson, and Original Score for Desplat should also be set. Picture is getting more and more difficult for animation to get into, but I’m pretty sure that this year it could win Animated Film.

ReplyCopy URL
    zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

Octavia Spencer
    2016 – Hidden Figures: The movie won a SAG for Best Ensemble. It was snubbed by the Critics’ Choice, the Golden Globes and BAFTAs, and still managed to get a BP nomination. Octavia earned her second nomination.
    2017 – The Shape of Water: The movie won at the Critics’ Choice and is considered the frontrunner for this year’s Oscar race, despite being snubbed by SAG. Octavia earned her third nomination.
    2018 – A Kid Like Jake: The movie features a bunch of TV stars (Parsons, Danes, Dowd,…), who now seem to get recognized at the Oscars (Metcalf? Janney?) The movie is about gender identity and male/female stereotypes, something that might be Oscar-baity. It doesn’t seem to be a big budget movie so probably it may miss some precursors as, i.e. “Room” did. So… back to the point: Octavia earns her fourth nomination?

Can Octavia become the Meryl of supporting roles? Is she becoming the default choice?

I brought this up a few weeks ago. I think so. We’ll see how A Kid Like Jake does, but even if she doesn’t get it for that film, she’ll still cementing that default status soon enough

ReplyCopy URL
    zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

Well original Screenplay should be OK given that they love Anderson, and Original Score for Desplat should also be set. Picture is getting more and more difficult for animation to get into, but I’m pretty sure that this year it could win Animated Film.

Based on what I’ve read, Original Screenplay looks pretty weak, so I think it can definitely get in there because Anderson is a very “original” writer. I’m not as confident about Score though…

ReplyCopy URL
    Ace The Skylord
    Participant
    Topics:

VFX Predix

Avengers: Infinity War
    Fantastic Beasts 2
    Mowgli
    Ready Player One
    Solo

I would swap out Fantastic Beasts 2 personally, it’s one of my most anticipated movies of the year, but I feel like it will not rely as much on VFX as the other movies you mentioned. I think Mortal Engines has a better shot of getting in, given that the Lord Of The Rings team is behind the VFX

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Ace The Skylord. Reason: Addition of extra information
    ReplyCopy URL
    eric
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T7Y5D-VLgk

Michelle Pfeiffer should be a contender

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T7Y5D-VLgk Michelle Pfeiffer should be a contender

She really should be, but she won’t be at least not for that movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

I predict Black Panther has a good guild run(seems like a lock for PGA) but gets 0 oscar noms.

ReplyCopy URL
    kbfr12
    Participant
    Topics:

Amazon Studios will be releasing Beautiful Boy, Felix van Groeningen’s addiction drama with Michael Scott and The Chalegend, on October 12: http://deadline.com/2018/02/timothee-chalamet-steve-carell-beautiful-boy-drug-addiction-movie-release-date-1202290484/

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 793 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.