A little controversy for Oscars 2016!!

Home // Forums // Movies // A little controversy for Oscars 2016!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Atif Mir Hussain
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok bare with me.
    Is there an outside chance that Steve Jobs gets completely overlooked for nominations?
    I mean it’s only probably gona get nominated in 3 categories, all of which are stacked to the hilt!

Best Actor:
    Leo In
    Cranston In
    Redmayne In
    Got a sneaky feeling Keaton might get in
    Either Smith or Carell or both
    Don’t forget Damon and Depp
    So maybe Fassbender misses out, very very unlikely I know but people said he was a shoo in for Shame also
    Plus SJ has dropped off the BP list

Best Supporting Actress
    Again stacked

I won’t discuss category fraud here, so I think:

Mara In
    Vikander In
    Mirren In
    JJ Leigh In
    McAdams to ride Spotlight wave?
    5th spot Fonda?
    Maybe Winslet just misses out?

Adapted Screenplay
    I know Sorkin is favourite at the minute but competition is huge again:

Room In
    Brooklyn In
    Big Short In
    Not sure about the rest but any 2 from
    Carol
    Martian
    Anomalisa
    Revenant
    Maybe Trumbo rides goodwill wave

I’m just thinking out aloud,
    What do you guys think?

KubrickFan98
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, Steve Jobs isn’t NC-17, so Fassbender has a better chance of getting a nomination. I more or less see Redmayne missing out on a nomination. Winslet is gonna get nominated, but that’s basically it for her. Though I sorta agree with you on Adapted Screenplay, as I still see Anomalisa winning top prize with a likely upset from Room, and either Trumbo or The Big Short is gonna steal a nomination from SJ or Brooklyn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, I watched The Danish Girl, I can see Redmayne snubbed for Best Actor, it was a weird performance, he failed to transmit any emotion in my opinion, it was a hit and miss, there was many unconfortable scenes, like when he hide his d*ck between his legs, wtf was that? The movie wasn’t fantastic as people said, Vikander was great though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Philip
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe you just didn’t get that scene, but do you know what it’s like to be trapped in the wrong body?

He was very good and should be nominated. This is miles above his performance that he won for last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Philip
    Participant
    Topics:

What a fucking ignorant ass statement. “Hide his dick between his legs”. Transgenders do not feel as though they were born in the right body so of course it feels awkward and weird and Redmayne captures that perfectly. I don’t see how he misses at all.

Boom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

What a fucking ignorant ass statement. “Hide his dick between his legs”. Transgenders do not feel as though they were born in the right body so of course it feels awkward and weird and Redmayne captures that perfectly. I don’t see how he misses at all.

Sorry, if I offended you, but I didn’t get Redmayne’s performance, is that bad? And he DID hide his dick between his legs, it was a description, but I can appreciate Vikander performance, the movie has great cinematography, production and costume design. The movie itself wasn’t great mostly because Tom Hooper’s desperate direction.

ReplyCopy URL
    Philip
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”TWNickPeek”]

Sorry, if I offended you, but I didn’t get Redmayne’s performance, is that bad? And he DID hide his dick between his legs, it was a description, but I can appreciate Vikander performance, the movie has great cinematography, production and costume design. The movie itself wasn’t great mostly because Tom Hooper’s desperate direction.
    [/quote]

Maybe because you wrote “WTF was that” instead of saying that you didn’t understand it. It comes off an ignorant. What exactly didn’t you get from his performance? Because watching the film, his performance showed the inner struggle of a woman trapped in a man’s body. The moments of questioning whether this man is sick or not.his fear of being locked up in a mental hospital because he was different.

Maybe we watched a different movie than you.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Once in a long while a part of me wishes that David Fincher had won for TSN…..a pretentious, MTV-like blabbity-blab film with a terrific perf from…Jesse.

Redmayne is terrific in this film. His character ‘unfolds’ if you will, at a ‘perfect’ pace imo; ….director may have something to do with this…plus the other positives, such as the sensitive subject, the performances from the entire cast, and the look and feel of each scene.

This wont be for everyone and the screenplay may be somewhat ‘halting’, but Redmayne is IN.

Leave him out at your own peril I suppose.

Btw anyone remember Sean Young ‘hiding’ her dick between her legs in Pet Detective? What…no comparison to here? Lol.

Jobs wont be blanked either. Fassbender is not only on that ballot, but he could win. Actually win.

I’d be surprised if Winslet is left out but it truly is a stacked and confusing field.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

I would say Winslet is the safest bet for Best Supporting Actress. Mara and/or Vikander can easily take the Scarlett Johannson route and get snubbed completly after category confusion

ReplyCopy URL
    AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

And Kate Winslet could very well win the whole shebang. People are seriously underestimating her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luke McGowan
    Participant
    Topics:

Fassbender is locked for a nomination. He and DiCaprio are probably the safest bets, like Ejiofor/McConaughey were in 2013. Cranston is absolutely not a lock yet, he could very easily be the Jake Gyllenhaal Nightcrawler. Best Actor is barely able to scrape together four nominees, its far from stacked. Ditto Kate Winslett – she has the early precursors on her side without the category confusion

ReplyCopy URL
    KubrickFan98
    Participant
    Topics:

there was many unconfortable scenes, like when he hide his d*ck between his legs, wtf was that?

Please tell me they were at least playing “Goodbye Horses” during that scene. 

ReplyCopy URL
    FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

And Kate Winslet could very well win the whole shebang. People are seriously underestimating her.

She’ll likely get nominated, but i’m not so sure about a win. A Winslet nod strikes me as a “welcome back”-type deal a la Julia Roberts in August: Osage County or Reese Witherspoon in Wild. Sure, she could benefit from Mara and Vikander getting snubbed due to category confusion, but we also have names like Jennifer Jason Leigh who has an “overdue for a nod” narrative and Rachel McAdams who is in a BP frontrunner and is benefitting from her male co-stars cancelling each other out.

Honestly, if there is anybody we might be underestimating, it’s Rachel McAdams. Sure, she doesn’t have a BIG emotional scene. But neither did Kim Basinger in LA Confidential and she was also the only main female in her ensemble like McAdams. Also, like I said, Spotlight is being geared as a BP frontrunner and they’ll likely want to reward someone from the cast to justify its win and if the actors keep cancelling each other out while McAdams gets in, then McAdams can get win it. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Damiansport1
    Participant
    Topics:

Im rooting for McAdams she is one of my favs alongside Lawrence, Cotillard

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: A little controversy for Oscars 2016!!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.