Home Forums Movies Ang Lee’s Billy Lynn Halftime Walk (2016)

Ang Lee’s Billy Lynn Halftime Walk (2016)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
GusCruz
PJ Edwards
M
  • PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Didn’t see post here. Variety spilled the beans.

“The picture blends different flavors of high-tech — 3D, 4K and high frame rates — to push filmmaking beyond anything the public has ever seen, even beyond the capacity of the world’s movie theaters.”

http://variety.com/2016/artisans/news/ang-lee-interview-billy-lynns-long-halftime-walk-3d-4k-high-frame-rate-demo-nab-show-1201752886/

Think we got best director winner here?

GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe, though it would be quite something for Ang Lee to be a three time Best Director winner without ever having won Best Picture. I just got the book and can’t wait to read it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC: Steve Martin.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

Love him, but there is no way he gets any awards consideration with this tiny role. It is more like an amusing recurring cameo.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

The novel is great. I hope the film delivers. Can’t wait to see the first trailer!

ReplyCopy URL
    Volcarocka
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”tyman21″]

Love him, but there is no way he gets any awards consideration with this tiny role. It is more like an amusing recurring cameo.  
    [/quote]
    I had thought the same thing about Alan Arkin in Argo but that was enough for a supporting nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

The few reactions on Twitter to this are absolutely GUSHING in admiration. All saying this is getting plenty of tech love at the very least!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Maybe, though it would be quite something for Ang Lee to be a three time Best Director winner without ever having won Best Picture.

Not an exact match since John Ford won an Oscar for Best Director for How Green Was My Valley which also won Best Picture, Ford did win three additional Oscars for directing The Informer, The Grapes of Wrath and The Quiet Man – none of which won Best Picture.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

To be honest I doubt Ang Lee can win a 3rd at this stage unless Billy Lynn ultimately becomes the frontrunner for Best Picture, taking Lee along with it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nick
    Blocked
    Topics:

I don’t think Ang Lee can win this unless the film is the frontrunner. It would have to be fucking earth shattering.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I know this is not the right thread but why isn’t anyone talking about James Gray for Best Director? It’s a BIG, Revenant-like project, and been owed some respect by the industry. Lee and Scorsese have won before. Parker is still a nobody. I can see it happening.

With respect to JackO’s original post, I could be wrong, but didn’t Wim Wenders do something similar in that awful film he did with James Franco?

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

They showed 11 minutes of it and it wowed!

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ang-lee-billy-lynns-long-halftime-walk-footage-stuns-1201755151

The presentation of an 11-minute sequence from the film in its native format (3D, at 4K resolution and 120 frames per second for each eye) electrified the conference in Las Vegas, leaving even experienced pros grasping for superlatives to convey what they had seen. Their praise wasn’t reserved for the technology, but for the film itself as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope enough theatres shell out the money to project this in the way it is supposed to be seen.

I think I will be covered in Toronto, at least.  

ReplyCopy URL
    seokeys1
    Topics:

I have no Answer about this thing till the time, so give me sometime for it……..

ReplyCopy URL
    benutty
    Keymaster
    Topics:

To be honest I doubt Ang Lee can win a 3rd at this stage unless Billy Lynn ultimately becomes the frontrunner for Best Picture, taking Lee along with it.

This sounds eerily like the statements many were saying this time last year about AGI and The Revenant, yet…… 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
Reply To: Ang Lee’s Billy Lynn Halftime Walk (2016)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.